Who's the better leader?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chocula78, Jul 29, 2007.

1. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Prime or Megs?

I am fascinated by different styles people use to lead; especially historical figures. I have read an article arguing that Hitler was a better leader than Abe Lincoln - their fingerprints on history aside.

So what's your opinion? Is Megs the better leader because everyone fears him, therefore following him on his conquest? Or does Prime's example setting style of self sacrifice earn the respect that a leader requires to succeed?

I think Prime is the better leader because he has earned respect from his soldiers. Megs has used the power of fear to instill his supremacy over the other bots. However, fear does not work on everyone, hence Starscream is always trying to overthrow him. Prime has some of the autobots disagree with his strategy at times, but none are hell bent on taking over his position.

2. Rodimus Rage

Rodimus Rage Autobot Leader

Wha !!?? no Rodimus? .... :throw 

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First of all: Rodimus Rage, your sig is ridiculously huge.

Second: Megatron was a terrible leader. He had multiple followers who openly plotted mutiny and he always let it ride. He had a lot of good ideas, but he would turn tail and run the second things started going against him. The only reason he was still in charge is because no one managed to successfully wipe him out.

Optimus, on the other hand, was beloved and respected by all the other Autobots. He had compassion and patience, and he never asked his followers to do anything he wasn't willing to do himself. He was an ideal leader.

4. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    If were talknig about G1 I think Optimus was a better leader. Optimus led by example while Megs led by fear, he also would not listen to his subordinates even when they had a valid opinion. Optimus also geniunely cared for his people while Megs would sacrifice any of his warriors without a second thought ot achieve his personal aims.

5. tareq.ammari

tareq.ammari Member

I think Optimus Prime was the better leader too. However, I've always seen Megatron as more of a planner. If Megatron had better decepticons on his team, one of his plans might have succeeded (an example would be Ramjet's ramming into the negavator in Auto Berserk while Megatron was one second away from blowing the Autobots to oblivion. Megatron then said, "I've got morons on my team!"). But Prime was the respected and beloved figure of leadreship. All the Autobots loved him for his wisdom and modesty. Megatron, on the other hand, respected none and never had the special relationship with any decepticon that Optimus had with all autobots.

6. Leo Primal-2

Leo Primal-2 Well-Known Member

If I was forced to, I'd choose Prime

Why?

Easier to get a day off work.

7. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

They should paint the character's leadership styles as grey and run a new show. One where Megatron still wants to control the universe but is willing to self sacrifice himself, listen to his troops, and show how an unified universe under one leader is better than everyone for themselves and then have Rodimus be the same except for wanting to keep the planets separate.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    even if you complete ignore the obvious "Prime is a kind man with followers and Megatron isnt," the simplest argument is "Prime wins battles, Megatron doesnt." Granted, that's the side effect of being a children's cartoon.

9. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think that Megs does have one advantage over Prime: patience. Prime always seems to be a little more impatient than Megatron. If you watch most of the Beast Wars episodes, Prime wants stuff done right away where as Megatron is willing to sit back and see what develops. An example would be the multiple times Tarantulus plots mutiny, not knowing Megs is awares.

The live action movie also portrayed Prime as very impatient. That's not a good quality for a major leader.

10. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Prime's are usually impatient because they don't want to sit around while Megatron and decepticons/predacons are destroying sh*t left and right.

example : "Megatron has put Cybertron in Earth's orbit, hmm let's sit around and see what happens to Earth" -G1

11. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime: Undefeated.

Megatron: Winless.

12. Lady_Prime

Lady_Prime Prime's Leading Lady

Ebay:
    I'm going to quote you on my sig. Brilliant!!:D 

Prime is the better leader (not because I'm biased). Megs works with constant circumvention in his ranks. Prime's Autobots work as a team thus defeating the bad guy time and time again...

Heather