Who's officially a Skrull?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Omegatron, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far, we've seen Elektra and Black Bolt revealed to be Skrulls. There are also apparently strong hints that Captain Marvel might be. Are there any other confirmed Skrulls?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberteens#Liberteens_.282007.29

I guess those are the only 3 so far.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
  4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I honestly don't care. I'd rather they drop the all books must cross over crap and just write a plot in their regular books for a year or two. Their changing the status quo again.......but they haven't had one in 3 years. There is no staus quo you haven't had the time to develop one. I'm tired of earth shattering events and deals with the devil. How about we just develop the characters and write good stories for awhile. Their good guys spend so much time fighting now why do they need villans?

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I haven't read a Marvel Comic in months. It's feeling pretty good actually. I have no interest in Secret Invasion.

I just need to get caught up on the X-Books. I've been lazy since the awesome Messiah CompleX ended.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'm torn between whether i care or not...i do like the idea, but marvel has been so subpar for me lately...i'll probably check out the first couple of issues...

however i do wish the big summer events would die down for awhile...they should happen every 10-20 years, not every year. it weakens their impact...and thats why i hope DC's final crisis really is the final crisis for a good long while...

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Some kid from the Initiative is. The one that got his hand cut off.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Hmm. Being a Skrull might explain Black BoltĀ“s defeat by the Hulk.

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oh yeah...cobalt man...

and i recall hearing that the skrulls have a plan to put a skrull on each of the 50 initiative teams...so i expect a punch of lame ass characters to be skrullin along....and like 3 major replacements....if that...

10. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I don't follow anything but X-Force, X-Factor, Hulk and maybe Cable now, and they seem decent enough at keeping that nonsense out for the time being, that I'll keep it that way. Everything else has been ruined or remains too involved in event after event for me to bother.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I barely read anything by Marvel anymore. Just the X-Men titles (although I'll be trying Paul Cornell's new Captain Britain and MI-3 book). I don't give a rat's ass about Secret Invasion or anything else they're doing outside of the mutant books.

12. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

[​IMG]

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

14. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, X-Factor was just involved in a big crossover, and both Cable and X-Force spun out of that same crossover, and Hulk was just involved in Marvel's biggest crossover of last year.

I mean, at least two of those books are very good, (assuming you mean Incredible Hulk and not the new Hulk) and it's probably too soon to tell with Cable or X-Force, but you kinda defeat your own point by giving those as examples.

15. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Point taken, d'oh. But I was talking about the new Hulk series. As for the others, I was thinking more along the lines of Civil War and World War Hulk than Messiah CompleX, and I'll probably drop Cable. X-Factor's involvement? I'm either missing or skipped those issues and just got a recap on what I missed.

Moral of the story is 80-90% of Marvel is not worth me reading. :p 

16. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, there were X-Factor issues directly involved in Messiah Complex, featuring basically Jamie and Layla. I won't get into details for spoilers, I guess. But now that it's out of the crossover it should still be very good.

There are at least a few Marvel titles that aren't tying into any big crossovers, for the most part, that are worth reading, like Captain America, Iron Fist, Punisher War Journal, She-Hulk sort of, and if you can count Annihilation as just one story that spans different books and not really a crossover, then that too.

17. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

There are a few marvel books that are not tying into anything directly. Punisher being the best example. Too bad Ennis is leaving. The book has never tied into anything. Ghost Rider seems pretty self contained, except the small involvement in WWH but that was a quick 2 issue event that didn't affect anything. Punisher War Journal has been excellent but the purpose of it is to tie it into the rest of the Marvel U. And even though it started as a Civil War book, the stand alone stories have been great.

Otherwise, stick with Spiderman. That's self contained. They f-ed the character up good but if you look past that, the new stories are actually pretty entertaining.

18. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Uh... I don't know why or how I failed to include it, but I am already reading Punisher MAX. Massive fail on my part. Read a bit of War Journal, specifically the one with the ridiculously convenient Venom armor crap, and vowed to keep my distance. Spider-Man kills me on the inside, and not even because I give a crap about whether or not he's married. And I can honestly say I know nothing about the current Ghost Rider series.

Didn't mean to turn this into "Analyze Chosen's taste in comics," honest. :lol 

19. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cable is a Skrull and in possesion of the first born mutant post M-Day . :tongue: 

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Eh...after One More Day/Brand New Day, I've given up on Spiderman.

I'll probably check out Secret Invasion, may as well give it a shot. I'm a big Marvel fan, but not much has really interested me anymore. Not that big on DC, but I actually plan on picking up Final Crisis issue by issue...I'm just hoping it ends up being something worth my time and money.

I'm just gonna start picking up some TPB I've been meaning to when I go to SDCC this year rather than new material. Oddly enough, most of what I plan on getting is DC.