Who's More Loyal to Megatron in G1:Soundwave or Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Awesomepow, Sep 21, 2017.

?

Who is more loyal to Megatron?

1. G1 Soundwave

34 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. G1 Shockwave

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

Shockwave died in TF:TM.

2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    According to my headcanon Soundwave.

3. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah soundwave in the cartoons was not loyal at all. When they voted to throw out megatron he was right in the front with arms waving wide yelling "aye!" then wanted to be the new leader right away! Soundwave was only loyal to himself.

If he was so loyal why not stop starscream or do the quake attack with rumble BEFORE throwing out megatron.

Soundwave is only out to help soundwave. Cartoon shockwave would have shot starscream in the back to save magatron when starscream was standing at the door to throw megatron out.

4. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Sharks waves supposed death was conversing on screen nor was it ever veteran and dialogue so it is unconfirmed

5. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

I dunno I always assumed that was just the way Decepticon hierarchy functioned: if you can't defend your spot you aren't going to keep it. Soundwave is the one who carried Megatron to Astrotrain in the first place. Why not just leave him in Autobot City? And with the power vacuum, I don't blame him for not wanting to listen to Starscream or Devastator anyway.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    In the Sunbow cartoon, Shockwave is more loyal. In the Marvel comics, neither is loyal at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

It really depends on the series though its usually Soundwave.

8. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Those were filler Robots, Shockwave was crushed underneath his command tower durring the attack of Unicron.

9. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Hard to say, both are pretty loyal. Well it's still quite strange Soundwave let Starscream toss out Megatron into space. I don't know, I'm just going to say it's a tie for me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Shockwave waited four million years to hear back from Cybertron. That's one hell of a Widow's Watch. He obviously did not seize leadership himself, because it was back to business as usual when Earth contacted Cybertron. That's stupid loyalty right there.

Soundwave is pretty loyal, but he still voted to toss Megs into the endless void of space and made a play for leadership himself.

• Like Like x 3
  11. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Maybe Soundwave thought Megatron had been mortally wounded, and thus defending him would only bring potential harm to him and his mini-cons with no reward?

I do feel it was odd to have him vote "aye", given that he had JUST carefully carried Megatron off the battlefield (with Rumble toting the fusion cannon). If Soundwave wanted to be leader, he could have just left him then or shot him right then. But instead he carries him onto Astrotrain, but then is okay with Megatron being booted?

12. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    I'd say this is a situation where headcanon will most likely take precedence, due to the vague nature of the G1 cartoon at times. If we're talking strictly the cartoon, it's a tough call, but in the end I'd say Shockwave, due to how often he spoke highly of Megatron, and even accused Starscream of being incorrect when he assumed Megatron had perished. Soundwave just seemed to be a bit of his own deal, not that he was disloyal, he just did what he was told. He never actively accused Starscream of being wrong or things like that.

In the larger picture though, I'd say Soundwave is far more loyal, with Shockwave putting logic first, Soundwave has been given a bit more character to his loyalty, whereas Shockwave has received more character towards his scheming. The only other case where I'd say Shockwave was more loyal, was Animated, where it seemed to be a very similar situation to the G1 cartoon due to Soundwave's origins.

13. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I'm going to say Shockwave, if only because robots who transform into guns have to stick together, for if you get stuck in alt-mode, who's going to carry you, or aim for you, or shoot for you? No tape deck stuffed silly with cassettes (and three don't even speak!) is ever going to understand the indignity of being stuck in alt-mode, then confiscated at the border, then stuffed in a drawer at Customs for years.

14. Rabid Robot

Rabid Robot Wrecker

Soundwave is always interpenetrated as the loyalest in most series, but shockwave varies. In almost everything but sunbow cartoon, shockwave serves only himself(or logic).

15. Rabid Robot

Rabid Robot Wrecker

Wow, thats deep.

[​IMG]I wouldnt want to pull his trigger tho

16. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

In the Sunbow cartoons, I would say both Shockwave and Soundwave were loyal to Megatron. In the Marvel G1 comics Shockwave was a traitor and wanted Megatron dead and have control over the Decepticons.

17. DesertDog

DesertDog The dust is every where

In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Guns don't kill people, guns HOLDING guns kill people.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Not if you have a shockwaves aim

• Like Like x 2
  19. Endgamelikespie

Endgamelikespie Well-Known Member

It should be noted that it was in the script for the movie that Soundwave would protest Starscream tossing out Megatron. But it wasn't animated for time.

Also in the script, was Shockwave getting crushed in Unicron's attack. Also wasn't animated for time but it's implied it happened anyway since we never see Shockwave again after the movie.

.....But the true answer to this question is Cyclonus.

• Like Like x 2
  20. NaCl

NaCl Noobie who likes boobies

Soundwave was loyal to a fault, knowing generally that the best he could be was Megatron's resident spy/general/whatever his position was. He certainly wasn't a grunt, but he knew that until Megs kicked the bucket he would be powerless. His "loyalty" was basically him playing hall monitor on everyone.