whos loves the unicron trio

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ultrasidescream, Sep 20, 2009.

?

your fave unicron show

1. Cybertron

61.2%
  2. Energon

9.0%
  3. Armada

29.9%
  1. ultrasidescream

ultrasidescream Well-Known Member

i loved it because hotshot jetfire megatron and UNICRON!!!!!! but i didnt like energon that much cybertron and armada are the best

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Armada wasn't too bad, Energon isn't all that great, but I absolutely love Cybertron.

3. ultrasidescream

yeah but i just liked Armada a bit more than Cybertron i mean i love Cybertron but i like it more cause of the minicons and i saw it first

4. ultrasidescream

yeah but i just liked Armada a bit more than Cybertron i mean i love Cybertron but i like it more cause of the minicons and i saw it first

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    When I saw the title I thought this thread was going to be about Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge, the trio of Decepticons reformatted by Unicron, not the Unicron trilogy. Personally, I'm far more fond of the former than the latter.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Armada was poo until the last, like, five episodes. Energon and Cybertron were alright though. At the risk of sounding like a weeaboo, it's better if you watch them in Japanese.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought it was about Blentrons.

Anyway I like Micron Legend/Armada a lot, the show was fun and so are the toys. Energon is meh except for Shockblast, Cybertron has some great toys, but I am not a big fan of the cartoon (Galaxy Force included).

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    double post = +1 (?)

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Cartoons:

Armada: Horrible animation for 95% of the show. The final episode accounts for the 5% of coolness. Very rushed, poorly structured, plodding and boring for most of the time. It wasn't until Starscream became the central figure that the show got interesting. From that point to the end it was fairly entertaining. I walked away from the show happy enough despite the awful start.

Energon: Decent start. Nothing that ever approached greatness but a decent start all the same. Around episode 26 the show completely falls apart. It progresses from being a halfway decent show to "meh" to "wtf" to "oh come on!" and finally ends with "steaming pile of flaming dog poo".

Cybertron: My favorite show of the three. Decent cel and cgi animation. I really like the crisp character and background designs and vibrant color pallette throughout the entire thing. There were a couple points where the show stalled out, but for the most part it remained entertaining the whole way through. They switched up story arcs with each new planet they went to, so a quick venue change always kept the show feeling fresh. Plus it has the single best final episode of the entire UT. :D 

10. Thunderzap7

Thunderzap7 Banned

Ugh, what a pile of crap Cybertron was, i mean, it makes energon look good and written.

Armada is the only good one.

11. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

Cybertron was the better of the three, and yes, it makes it better if you watch them in Japanese

12. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

Cybertron was and is also my favorite of the three. Although I have not watched it in Japanese, as I wouldn't understand it if I did. I watched one of the DBZ movies in Japanese once, that was easy to follow- Guys yelling at each other, "powering up", fighting, and a talking pig...

End of Line

13. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

Loved Cybertron. The Speed Planet bit kinda went on and on but after that, it got fantastic. I think I'd pass on Galaxy Force, though, from what I hear it lacks the goofiness that Cybertron had.

The other two I never saw so much.

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galaxy Force was cool but I could not watch cybertron knowing that that fansubs were far more coherent and really the continuity between Energon and cybertron was so bad that I have to wonder why Hasbro re edited the show to shoe horn the show into the AEC trio. Plus the whole sex change thing just to have a female autobot was just jarring.

15. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought Armada was ok. I never got Cybertron at all, may have to give it another watch.

16. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    In retrospect, Armada was the best of the three. Especially the final 13 episodes. The dub had its errors.

Energon sucks on about every level imaginable. Starts out promising, then falls flat after the sixth or seven episode, then tells the same plot several times, and when even that couldn't fill 52 episodes, we're treated to another story arc that isn't really connected to anything that happened before it. The dub is so bad, it makes the RTM dubs look decent in comparison.

Cybertron... Some good ideas, but too many stretched out plotlines. How many episodes did that dreaded race take again? Also suffers from insane overdoses of STOCK FOOTAGE SEEEEEEQUENCES!!!!!!!! The dub was the exact opposite of Energon, it tried to be as much fun as possible, but the source material was lackluster and no dub in the world can fix THAT.

17. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    Armada - was petty ok. THe animation was good (in the finished Japanese version that is).
    The character designs are nice and I loved Starscream and Optimus in it. And havign Unicron in a TV series again was fun, I love Unicron...

Energon - piece of sh*t! Watch Super Link it's much better, the dub destroyed this series.

Cybertron - A really, really really BORING piece of sh*t!

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. That is impossible.
    I'm sure there's something out there bad enough to make Energon look good, but Cybertron isn't it.

19. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Armada was the last time I had FUN when playing with TF toys. The cartoon had a horrible stretch of episodes, but gradually got better, and contrary to common claims, Armada DID have good episodes before Unicron showed up. Remember the one where Starscream is goaded into challenging Megatron? The one where Hot Shot suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder? Or the one where Sideways is outed as a traitor by the Decepticons the ending shocked everybody who was on this forum at the time (ADMIT IT, PEOPLE WHO WERE HERE AT THE TIME, YOU WERE SHOCKED).

Energon has average toys and an absolutely awful cartoon in any language (but especially english). Cybertron had good toys, but a very boring cartoon (Let's have a race for 10 episodes!)

20. DecepticnMeistr

DecepticnMeistr Decepticon

I acctually enjoyed Armada, but I was in 4th grade, so anything with guns entertained me. I thought Energon was kinda lame, and Cybertron was on too early for me to watch.