Who's got a well and a water softener?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, Jun 14, 2012.

1. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

I do I admit it sucks, much rather have city water.

My water isn't bad, just lots of iron in the area so I run a 2 gallon prefilter(poly something, washable and reuseable as well) before anything gets to the softener. Was due for a cleaning so I did it today and got to play with Iron Out and a wash tub full of iron particles. Damn thing was rust orange and sludge, got to love it. I should have took pictures.

If u saw what came into the house you would be disgusted. Then I could wow u with what comes out of the faucets lol.

In all honesty with the exception of softener issues or we use more water than we have it set up for, I have no toilet ring or shower/tub rust stains.

I do hate carrying salt into the garage for storage or lugging it into the house for the softener.

Pretty much standard maintenance nothing special, add salt when it gets low and a touch of Iron Out when I do.

So who else gets to do this fun crap or is going to rub it in that they have a well with crystal clean water(i hate u if u do lol)?

2. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I have Well water. It's okay. Unless the land lords put weird chemicals that make it taste like dirt.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hmm. The In laws house in Greece will probaly need a well sunk sometime soon (basically neighbours built a new house and didn't really py attention to drainage so now water that should go one way isn't).

Any tips pre well sinking would be appreciated.