Who's going to Botcon 2010?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by tattedpitbull19, Dec 25, 2009.

1. tattedpitbull19

tattedpitbull19 Zamba the Pit bull

Ebay:
    I was just wondering b/c I MIGHT GO! I am not sure yet! I need to get at least $800 -$900 to be able to purchase a ticket, pay for gas, maybe buy ONE OR TWO fun things, when the time comes I will ask to room up with a group or some other people but right now the money is the problem! I might have to save up at least $950 so I can ALSO transport other(I SHOULD have a liscence by then). Then I have to pay parking...or I might make everyone walk to the con cuz I'll park my happy ass down the street.

Heres how I Estimated things:

Ticket: $360 Primus Package
    Gas: Probably looking at almost $200 or more
    Food(At restaraunts we could go to or where ever we board the bus to travel and eat): Most Likely $90 by trip's end
    Money to Contribute to "roomate(s)": $80
    Something for Me: Looking between $50 - $100 maybe more but thats one hell of a big MAYBE!!!!

so my estimates at the highest will be...

About $830 UNLESS I GET LUCKY AND MY ROOMY WONT ASK ME FOR MONEYS! So I really need to find a job soon so I ca get to this con, It will be my first con ever so I AM EXCITED! I hope I can room for free but I doubt it, unless they kn ow me a bit, but I'm not so lucky, unless I can bribe someone by buying them food the whole weekend or give them moneys for whatever beer they want lol or whatever toy or TF's related thing they want at the "market" AS LONG AS IT'S WITHIN REASON!!! I WILL NOT BUY OVER $150!!! I'M KEEPING A DAMN BUDGET! lol anyways I'm still trying to figure things out!

2. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    my mom said my b day present was a ticket to go!!!!!!!!

3. tattedpitbull19

tattedpitbull19 Zamba the Pit bull

Ebay:
    what package did u get?

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm planning to go, but for now it depends on my accommodations. I may have a free place on the beach an hour's drive from the con. Won't know til Monday.

5. A.Prime

A.Prime Well-Known Member

I am going and I am flying all the way from England for this so it makes me wonder whenYanks cant go.

Then again to be fair, I am single with a full time job, disney world was the thing that cemented for it for me though

I def want to go to 2011 without a doubt for TF3 film

6. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm in. Hotel is reserved, but I might be staying somewhere....Trying to decide on whether a 4hr drive dailly is worth the $$ I'll save....I'm thinking no.

7. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

My Stepfather talked to me about this yesterday. He says if i come down to florida with him he will take me,my mom and my brother there to see it. It all depends on whether i go to florida this year. what is suppose to be at the botcon other than alot of people.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm willing to commute an hour a day, but four? That's a bit much.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    4 hours a day is a bit much. You'll have to leave off early for a safe journey back, you'll be tired and you probably won't enjoy it as much (from the exhaustion from traveling).

I'm planning on going, the time falls perfectly for me to take a summer vacation from work :) 

10. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    im going with the wife and my little baby girl. we are driving and it looks like i will be bring 2 newbies with me. that will help out the the cost of the road trip but they will be in a different room so no help their. and Megamus and wife will be going as well.

11. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I'm going down with 2 of me Arkasas buddies, and we are meeting another one there, so its all going to rock, everytime we all hang out its a blast, so I think we will be in for a great time.
    2 of us, me, and Crimson Primus, are newbies, the other 2, Edgewise, and, Transformers32 are vets, so at least I won't be lost, and not know what to do, and where to be, they have been through it a few times so they know the tricks.

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Already have the room reserved at the Dolphin for wed-sat.

Planning on a Primus package and maybe more additional sets(depending on the molds)

13. rcal7109

rcal7109 Maximal

Botcon 2010

I am going and this will be a first for me. Any good advice because i have no idea what to expect aside from bringing lots of money. Any tips on packages, exclusives. how long have the lines for picking up the box set been. Really anybody who has info and would be willing to share would great.

14. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

I want to go, especially with it being at Disney and all I think it will be really cool. But at the same time, I'm worried that it being at Disney is whats gonna make me not be able to afford it.

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Can't make this one, unfortunately.

16. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Well of course I will be going along with Mrs. MegaMus. This year is the return of MegaMus Jr. With him being on break he can finally attend. He has not been back since 2007 so he is pumped. We will of course be having the official parts party but details will be posted closer to the date. As for advice. I have been going since 2000 and have learned a few things. Plan on waiting in line, a lot. A line to get your box set, a line for your attendee sets, a line for the club store, a line to get in to the dealers room, a line to get into a line???? I alot of lines so get used to it. My most valuable advice would be in the dealers room. Some people will tell you to browse the entire room before buying something for fear that you will pay too much. IMO if you find something you like and the price seems good, get it. Trust me if it is something others are looking for it will be gone by the time you come back. Check out the current market price on everything you are looking for the day before you go. Make a list of what all you are looking for and put the expected price next to it. This will make life a lot easier. Most of the dealers talk to each other and walk around so the prices should be about the same but yeah some people (points to self) try to get rid of stuff more than make a big profit and sell things cheap. Refers back to the parts party ;) 
    That is another thing, not just our party but any parts party that is going on, try to go to a few. You will find a lot of stuff. Some dealers do not put prices on things and to some this is a turn off. I personally try to have prices on everything as it makes it easier for us if one of us needs to go to the bathroom the other is not confused as to the price. BUT pricing stuff takes time so do not get discouraged if a dealer does not have prices on items. Just ask, if the dealer gets snippy with you, he can pound salt, go somewhere else. Normally you will not see that as the dealers at Botcon are generally good guys who love the same thing as you BUT once again, a new place and new dealers so.
    OH and this does sound funny but it does stand mentioning again, TAKE A SHOWER. I am not pointing fingers at anyone but you will be surprised when someone wants to get in line early and thinks splashing on a little cologne or perfume will make the stink go away. Totally gross......

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  17. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Yep, take the time to browse closed Ebay prices the weeks before you go for pretty much anything you might buy. There will be a range of prices at Botcon - Most pretty close to Ebay, some lower... And there are always a few dealers who price at (and will hold out for) top dollar. So you need to know a good price when you see it. And you need to be ready to pounce when you do - There are a lot of people looking for the same toys...

And bring cash. Dealers won't take checks, most can't take credit cards, and you can't count on the ATMs lasting past the 1st day.

Angry Giant should be there again... We may do our biggest setup yet.

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'll definitely be going. This will be my second year, last year was my first.

A lot of you have mentioned some great advice. Last year I was so excited about the dealer room that I just walked around for an hour before I actually started doing business. I passed up a MISB G2 Hero Optimus Prime for like $40. WTF? I kick myself in the ass for that.

I've been saving my money since last year's Botcon ended. I usually try saving at least a G due to the fact that this is my only vacation each year.

Long lines, lots of people, epic toys: here I come!

19. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I already have a room reserved for Friday through Sunday. I'll be taking a train down with the wife. I don't know if she will be staying at the Hotel or her Mother's which is an hour away.

20. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

im tryna go gonna start deposting the money nxt week