Who's dissapoint with this Toyfair

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Feb 11, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i am disspoint, only reason i look foward toyfair is cause of the tf movie toys, but after hasbro said the movie trilogy was asia exclusive it all fell apart for me.

i jsut wanted to see new movie toys, but we jsut let 4 movie toys (Prime legion Eva, Mirage and Soundwave, and Movie Trilogy Optimus with Trailer), i dont cared for the other lines, i just wanted to see movie toys...

anyone disspoint with this toyfair like they didnt shown a toy u wanted to see or a toy you were looking foawrd looked crappy?

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Not me! Cyberverse looks good and shockwave is badass.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Me.

I'm gonna save money for a few months.

4. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Not me. I loved it.

5. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

It's the first day. Wait for the big reveal on Facebook tomorrow and then the actual reveals of new figures on the 12th.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not disappointed because I NEVER set expectations for any show or event or try to predict what be shown

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The entire toy forum is going to become disappointment over Toyfair isn't it.

I think the disappointment mostly stems from how they blew their wad on Facebook and left the lackluster toys to be shown off at Toyfair. (PRID Bulkhead, etc.). Also, the Weaponizers are pretty pathetic for what are $60 toys here in Canada.

A lot of the stuff revealed was actually very good, like Generations and Cyberverse. However, most of the Main Line Prime toys that were good were already revealed. I am actually not all that interested in Prime as it stands right now. I'm trying to remain positive, but Hasbro has really been smacking the brand around as of late.

Also, no Airachnid reveal, or Powerizer Breakdown, or anything that could be pretty cool.

How can Hasbro be pleasing so many people with things like Bruticus, FOC Shockwave and Jazz (toys many have been waiting for for over a year now), and just drop the ball on so much other stuff? :( 

They may redeem themselves tomorrow, or they may just flip the shit switch, turn the diarrhea dial, and pull the crap cord.

8. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

the only thing new or interesting i got out of it was that i now have to pay $75 for a FE bulkhead

9. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Going to?

10. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I am. Besides Marvel Legends, and Generations Shockwave...EVERYTHING looks horrible.

Third party Transformers and hot toys are my priority purchases this year for sure.

Hasbro seems to be raising prices, and lowering quality. This isn't TF related but the Avengers toy line looks especially cheap and disappointing. Maybe if they concentrated on the 3.75'' and 6 inch lines instead of creating all these craptastic, ridiculous sub-lines we could get some awesome figures.

Hot Toys will be the only company I buy Avengers figures from, and TFC, Fansproject, and I-gear are looking pretty promising for my transformer purchases.

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Just get the $60 Takara one.

12. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At the end of the day, isn't Toyfair for the retailers and distributors? I'm just glad we got news.

13. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    I'm not too disappointed at all. Some of the Prime and FOC stuff are most definitely receiving from me the dubious honor of being considered Movie, and the entire Cyberverse line is setting itself up to be a memorable toy collecting affair for me. I for one, cannot wait.

However, farewell US Movie line. You will most definitely be missed by me.

14. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    So much negativity. Who wants to live a life filled with hate?

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

:lol 

It was only a couple of threads when I posted that, but let me check back and... oh God.

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Especially over toys lol.

17. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ You take that back. These are toys!!!!!!!!!!!! It's giant, f*cking, transforming robots.

18. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm glad to see a load of crap. Hasbro saves me money.

20. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Can't say I am really dissapointed, cause there were a fair amount of reveals. I just am not personally overly interested in the product.

-Prime- Although I am buying the line (deluxe+), nothing in it is going to really have me in awe.
    -SDCC Hiss- Pretty impressive. I will probably try to get it, but if the browser freezes, I am not going to sit there for hours and hours, especially since I don't have any other Joes and didn't get Starscream last year.
    -Movie Allstars- not being released stateside may be a dissapointment, but if it is just repaints, re-releases, retools, I can live without it.
    -Kre-O- here is where I was most dissapointed. I still don't like the looks of Devs, Wheeljack looks goofy, the little figure packs leave something to be desired. Prime v Megs looks good though, but I will probably grab them when they are on discount.
    -Bot Shots- Actually really impressed with the reveal. I don't think I will get into the line, too figity for my liking, but they do look pretty impressive. I may try to track down the clear versions and leave it at that. Really look a lot better than I had thought.
    -Generations- 40+ figures is impressive, though I am not into the FOC stuff entirely, Prime looked good, some of the individuals in Bruticus looked good, and Shockwave looked amazing. I just hope we get a few G1 releases when it comes back, or atleast re-use of molds they already have.

All in all, it was a fair amount of news, not all good, not all bad, a lot of it is not my personal taste, but pretty substantial offerings and amount of news.