Whoring out my Classics.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

I personally wouldn't put him in my classics lineup mainly because the bot mode looks too much like TFA to fit. If he were more realistic in design, then maybe!

I had TFA ARCEE in my classics lineup 'til my TRNS-01 showed up! Contrary to what a lot of people are saying, I found her to be a well made, G-1/ classics style figure who incidently, is the same height as classics "Hound". If you watch the '86 movie again, you'll see that she's a smaller-than-the-average bot so yes, she'll fit in just fine!

An lets face it gang, she's most likely the only "true" Arcee we're ever gonna get!

2. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

Hey Jarod!

Where o where did you get that awesome sig? I LOVE it!!! Im a huge "Evil Dead" fan & I've never seen that before!!

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I don't own Blurr myself, and I'm still trying to decide how well he works with the Classics. Frankly, I like his thin, agile look better than Drift's rather blocky mold, but I don't know how sold I am on it.

The only pictures I've seen of Blurr amongst Classics were with the "season 3" guys, which consists of toys that aren't from Hasbro (Warbot and Commander armor) and other Animated figures (Arcee), along with Hot Rod (who looks kinda outdated).

Could anyone take pictures of him alongside some of the -not season 3- Classics so I could get a better feel for how he fits in on a larger shelf? I'm also not sure how poseable he is compared to Drift, which may or may not be a selling point (I don't know how poseable a G1 Blurr really needs to be, but competing with the Drift mold is tough).

Hell, for that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing Wreck-Gar, Ultra Magnus, and Arcee amongst the other Classics. All of them have potential, but without owning them (and not wanting to shell out the cash prematurely), I can't tell if they'd be good ideas or not.

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I want pics too.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Personally I don't really feel those three fit in with Classics at all. Not that they aren't good toys, but Arcee's aestetic is too far away from the others, and IMO outside of a couple nods Hubcap and Huffer aren't really the G1 characters in updated forms that the rest of the line is.

That's just me though, if you want to display them together by all means do so!

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i don't know, i think blitzwing; the japanese version, might look great with classics :) 

7. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    really? i don't, the lack of detail and extreme cartooniness of blitzwing make him one of the least possible ones for me