Whoop/Squawk/Holler if you love Animal Collective

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trenner Dios, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Any AC fans? Any at all? I am really excited for the new album that comes out in September. They finally put "Peace Bone" on their Myspace page. At first listen it wasn't what I was hoping for, but like most AC stuff it grows on me until I want to have sex with it.

It's just so weird for them to have such clear vocals, that I wonder if it really is the final studio version of the song. But "Fireworks" sounds that way too, so maybe the whole album is like that. It's interesting to play all four songs on their MS page, since they all sound so frickin' different. But that's what I love. None of their albums are anything alike. There are so many wonderful adjectives to use for them, that I will just say "Best Band Ever'.

If you haven't hear them before, and you like different/indie/obscure/interesting/wonderful music, I definitely definitely definitely suggest checking them out.

http://www.myspace.com/animalcollectivetheband

2. Brawl

Brawl Master of Destruction

I've listened to the whole album and have to say it's some great stuff. There is a lot of great music coming out this year. Going to be hard to pick a "top 10" at the end.

3. Trenner Dios

Dammit, I rarely hear leaked music. Is there a possibility you could hook me up with it? I'm still buying the CD once it comes out, but that's one album I would love to hear as soon as possible.

I should add that right now I think Panda Bear's "Person Pitch" is best album of the year. The new AC may be the only thing that could top it.

4. Warpath90

Warpath90 Shuddafugup Chip!

Love them. I dl'd a leak of Strawberry Jam, and I thought it was pretty good. Still planning to buy it.

5. Trenner Dios

I don't really use any downloaders, so if either of you would like to send me the songs, that would be awesome. PM me.

6. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Sung Tungs is a favorite record of mine, love Animal Collective. Have you guys heard Panda Bear's latest solo album, Perfect Pitch? Its on my top list for new albums of 07, its so fucking good.

7. Trenner Dios

I think you missed part of my post....

8. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I know them from their song "Winter's Love", which I thoroughly enjoy and constantly listen to, so much so that I went out and got Sung Tongs, which is a really great record, too.

9. Trenner Dios

Yeah dude! Sung Tongs was their first album I bought. I actually downloaded a few songs first, and didn't care for it much. Later somebody had some on their iPod, and for whatever reason I felt like I had to listen to it again. I went and bought it simply because I felt I needed to. It grew on me quickly, and now I love it to death. I got "Feels" later in 2005, and loved it from the start. Went and bought their entire catalog for the most part. Love it all, except "Danse Manatee" isn't the greatest. Even "Here Comes the Indian" (which I hated at first) makes me happy.