Whoo! Just got my first grail!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LoC Soundwave, Mar 26, 2008.

1. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    First, a little backstory :) 

Back when I was around three or four, I clearly remember the first Decepticon to work his way into my heart, Soundwave. He was so cool! But nearly impossible to get ahold of in these parts of the world as I believe he was never released here. He was simply so cool! yet, long out of reach. I also loved his casettes. Especially Rumble. The little bastard was just so frigging awesome!
    Fastforward 14 years and you'll find me regretting not being able to shop through the internet, watching reissues walk right past me. I was nearly able to get the Bookbox reissue at a decent price once, just below 100$ MiB, but it was gone before I could pounce. A while later, the hasbro reissue was anounced. A new hope surfaced, thinking that this one might be easy to get ahold of and perhaps not that expensive. Of course it was probably one of the most scalped toys ever and I didn't want to pay those prices. Yet again, the Encore was anounced and I was just about to order it when it ran out of stock *sigh*

For fourteen years, this toy has been eluding me. Many times it's been so close I've almost been able to feel it, only to dissapear. Well, today was my lucky day!

[​IMG]

A dear friend of mine and his GF is moving out of their apartment and selling of their stuff to afford a new one, that stuff includes his G1 collection, and he asked me if I wanted anything and said that he would give me a good price.
    Not being able to turn down such an offer and the chance to help a friend who's been the closest thing to a father I could ever have, I asked what he wanted for his Encore Soundwave and the casettes. He said 165$ Which givien the condition of the little guys feels like a very good price, so I asked if he could hold them for me till the end of the month, he did. I sent the money, and today, one of my childhood dreams came true! He even threw in a red and white Frenzy/Rumble bootleg from the 80's as well, reminds me of Lazer from the Dancing Soundwave vid. AND he gave me a TF:TM 86 movie poster as a belated "Easter gift" with the excuse that he won't be able to fit it in the new apartment.

Right now I'm so happy! I've longed for this day since I was a wee lad!
    So, at the moment, I'm thinking what might be suitible to give him in return? I did give him a computer a while ago as the one he and his GF shared was over 10 years old, but he gave me a loose, incomplete G1 Scourge to show me his appreciation, so it's my turn to show my appreciation :) 

Oh, and they're supposedly all vintage, except for Soundwave and Laserbeak, which are Encores, Ravage we're not sure about. It originates from a guy who does know his vintages from the reissues and bootlegs, and it's stated to be vintage, but it's so damn minty! Like it's never been touched, joints are tight, paint is excellent etc. Rumble and Frenzy has some wear, but they stand up and pose fine (elbows are to lose to keep the head fully down in tape mode though, so they can't fit in Soundwave's chest) Ratbats ears are pretty loose and you'll have to fiddle a bit fith them to get them to stay up and Buzzaw is minty as hell too, with the exception of the Decepticon sticker, which is slightly bleached and worn. Just as vintages should be :D 

Sorry bout the rambling long text, I'm sure there's a lot of gramatical, as well as spelling errors in there, but I'm too happy to concentrate on such stuff right now :D 

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Nice :thumb  Soundwave's been eluding me, too, but somehow I managed to get the Soundblaster reissue. The cassettes make me sad. I want more cassettes :( 

3. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Congrats, there's nothing like getting that Tranformer you've been waiting for since you were a kid. And I hear you Soundblaster, I want more cassettes too but they're so expensive!

4. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

congrats on getting your grail!

5. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    congrats...i know the feeling of getting a grail

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Rock on!

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice story and congrats. Soundwave is looking very content there :) 

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Awesome congrats. Now hand him over

9. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    very happy for you

Soundwave and his "personal backup team" happens to be my fave too...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got your grail man. The first g1 TF I got is g1 soundwave too :) 

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Congrats, i always knew how much you wanted Soundwave.

But Damn you have all the Casettes. T_T

I need Rumble,Frenzy,Ratbat and Buzzsaw.

12. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Nice pickup man! Congrats!

13. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa you got a Ratbat! :)  quite a sought after figure among the cassetteticons.

14. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting Soundwave. I was happy to get mine. Now I have all of the toon featured cassettes minus Buzzsaw. My Ratbat's really loose on the joints though...

15. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Very nice!

16. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I think Soundwave is one that appeals to all Tranfans. I love him and actually expecting a ratbat in the mail today!