Customs: who'd make a good blue bachhus?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SG hailstorm, Dec 4, 2011.

1. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

i'm asking for generations sky shadow for Christmas and if i get him i wish to make his partner in crime, blue bachhus! but i'm not sure what figure would be a good generations interpretation, i dont want to use tomahawk or skyhammer, i was thinking of possibly getting a armada cyclonus off crave with a few heavy mods, what do you guys think??

2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

I can see that working. I've also seen someone kitbash a energon combiner copter limb with the seeker mold to create a Rotorstorm. With some mods to that formula you could get a pretty sweet Blue Bacchus.

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Armada Cyclonus is a good idea because it has a similar gimmick to the G1 original.

Maybe Grindor with a head swap?

4. SG hailstorm

heres a digibash of cybertron buzzsaw with the collor scheme i'm thinking, what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

5. Quantum25

Looks quite nice, I think it works well. The only problem would be adding some useful articulation to him.

6. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ This. If you intend to use a Cyclonus, it sorely needs articulation. That mold sports laughable articulation for a TF made in the 21st century...

Personally I'd only grab his tail towards this project, for the above mentioned reason that the G1 toy had this gimmick. Between the rest of the bot looking nothing like him in bot or alt mode, the brick-like articulation, and well poor method of hiding his appendages...

If anything... Energon Bulkhead has a better alt mode IMO.

[​IMG]

7. Quantum25

^ While Energon Bulkhead is an infinitely better figure and would be a great base for the character, I think the op wants the two to be in scale with each other, and since he's using Generations Black Shadow, it limits his choices to only deluxes.

That said: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/335544-lsotw-rotorstorm-w-i-p-2.html With some mods to this design, you could get a pretty awesome Blue Bacchus.

8. SG hailstorm

if i have enough cash i'll buy both figures and try which one works best =)

9. Quantum25

Just so you know, Energon Bulkhead is a voyager class figure. (If you do happen to get both, you could make an awesome Whirl out of either one of them.)