Who'd love to see a Live-action WFC trilogy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Rodimus Maximus, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

Hi all!
    I'm a long time tf fan, and a relative newcomer to these boards. I've been away from the franchise for quite a while but am recently getting back into it (and loving it)
    So, who would love to see WFC done as a live-action trilogy, based on the game and Exodus of course? I've read through the 'direct to DVD' thread but did feel this is still a different question.

-Script by Simon Furman
    -Directed by...well, anyone but Michael Bay (not dissing the man, just want to see a different director)
    -Same designs and design aesthetic as the WFC, but spiced up juuust a bit to look 'real.
    I realize that a lot of fans hold to the notion that the look can't translate to la, but I've got years of experience in the Animation and character design and believe that the look can most certainly be pulled off.
    Heck, I think the whole WFC design team should be involved in such a project!

Any how...thoughts anyone?

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say if it was set on Cybertron and had no humans in it, It probably doesn't qualify as "live action".

Unless it was filmed with puppets or something. :) 

3. Rodimus Maximus

Lol
    Okay, live action in that the characters would look realistic enough to eventually interact with photo-realistic, humans.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    they'd still end up looking pretty much like they do in the cutscenes, with modern CGI being what it is.

5. Rodimus Maximus

Not really. I'm envisioning something that looks as realistic as the bots in Bay's films, but in terms of form, they'd look just like the bots in WFC. As for Cybertron, think the landscapes of Star Wars's Coruscant (but cooler) in terms of realistic.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yeah, that's not live action.

7. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I'd see it in a heartbeat :D 

I could see it working out perfectly and done in the style of how some of the scenes in the movies were (Example: Flashback to Cybertron with Megatron in the first movie, Scene on the Nemesis in the second movie).

If something does get green lit like this, please include Warpath!

8. Rodimus Maximus

The Cybertron flashback and Nemesis scenes from the films are the perfect examples!! Thanks!

To clarify further, when I say "live-action," I'm saying something that is rendered to look photo-real, like the above examples from Bay's films; they're animated, sure, but they are made to look like realms that exist in the 'real' world, and not solely a cartoon-type universe.

9. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Not live action but instead CGI.... =-D
    But I think its more fun to play then watch sometimes... WFC is a great example!

10. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Yeah, I'd rather just play the game.

11. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WfC looks cool and all. Haven't played it, not much of a gamer. That said, I don't think Hasbro/Dreamworks/Paramount would be best served by adapting it into a "live-action" movie. It seems like a lot of investment with limited payoff. There's going to be some longer downtime after TF3 while all involved work on the 4th live-action movie whether it be a follow-up to Bay's movies or a reboot. However, all parties would be best served by keeping TF on the cinematic radar while TF4 (or 2.0) is being put together.

I think Hasbro and Dreamworks should team up on an CG animated feature to fill that gap. Now it could be based on WfC, but I feel they should make something that skews slightly younger to reaffirm the TF child audience that may have been kept from the Bay movies. It should be a movie that is suitable for younger kids but also enticing to adults, something like a Pixar movie or Dreamworks' own Shrek films. Personally, I'd like to see something involving either the TFA or BW universes or even something that takes place in something akin to the Bayverse but way more child-friendly.

12. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i would absolutely love to see a live-action version of War for Cybertron (trilogy), and Alex Irvine's Transformers: Exodus (trilogy)... nice, we get 9 movies :D , then maybe a final trilogy where some humans (including sam witwicky, et. al.) have been invited to go to Cybertron so we would have a human perspective of what it's like to be on Cybertron which would be great.

13. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    nah it would just be like James Cameron's Avatar, replete with CGI characters but believable enough and photo-realistic enough for you to think they're actually living and breathing on an authentic living robotic/machine planet (like Pandora).

14. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    another thing i like to mention is that, if they did a prequel to Bay's live-action movies, it would not ruin his continuity because in Alex Irvine's Transformers Exodus novel, the Allspark still ended up getting jettisoned into space.

15. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I kind of wish that Transformers: Prime was going to look more like WFC, but whatever.

Things are what they are.

16. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But even Avatar had some real people in it...

If it's going to be 100% CGI, then I think a photo-realistic standard is kind of creatively limiting and would rather see a much more stylized cartoon.

17. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    yeah i think if it is a full-length War for Cybertron movie or Transformers Exodus movie, they would have to be CGI... then maybe when you introduce humans into Cybertron, that's when it would become Avatar-esque... the humans being on Cybertron i think would be a great live-action.

18. Rodimus Maximus

A human perception of Cybertron would AWESOME! That could be the ultimate fanboy/fangirl experience of Transformers onscreen, especially if it's shot in bonafide 3D).

19. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    This.

This entire thread is like claiming that Spirits Within was live action.

And HELL NO to Furman writing it. Keep the furmanisms out of the movie-verse. If we're going to get a new writer, get a GOOD writer.
    It's not live action, unless real actor's are on screen. At which point, it'd get confusing as to why humans are on cybertron to begin with unless the story makes sense in that regard, and even so, considering the atmospheric issues, chances are they'd still be in a CG space suit of some kind.

20. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

i think the general audience will find the WFC Designs to uncool and too diferent compared to bays movies and they may think it is a knockoff or something.