Who would you want for a live action spinoff?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Digger, Apr 5, 2018.

1. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    And yet you can't help but be angry and vengeful about them for some reason.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Why is it Sunny gets no love? He's either ignored or killed off. :wtf: 

We had to endure the faux twins, Skids and Mudflap. I want to see the real Twins.

Personally, I would love to follow the adventures of the Twin Hellions, Sunstreaker and Sideswipe.

Set it post DOTM:
    Swipe, Dino, Roadbuster, Jolt are fed up with backstabbing humans, and go on a galactic roadtrip to find Sunstreaker and others.
    They leave, taking Jazz's body and Ratchet's spark with them, on a sistership to the Xanthium.
    On their travels, they come across other groups of Autobots, Neutrals and Decepticons.
    They also discover Primus, as they search for a way to resurrect Jazz.
    With Cybertron all but destroyed, Primus tells them of a relatively young, uninhabited planet where they can establish a new home for all Cybertronians.
    However, they must protect this new home by defeating any and all Decepticon threat.
    To aid them on their mission, new alliances are made and long separated friends are reunited.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Woh! That’s some good stuff!

4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Sounds better for a show or multiple movies. Way too much to get in 2-3 hours. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Even better!

6. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

It's not bad, in fact, if done right, it could make for a good Lost Light-style movie, but I don't see them leaving Earth behind, or enough everyday moviegoers who are already losing interest in the franchise being that invested in seeing the fates of characters who had little to no character development and haven't been in the movies for seven years.

Personally, for a spin-off set in the present timeline for the movies, I'd rather see Sunstreaker introduced as one of the Autobots living in the neutral territory (I forget which countries were welcoming Cybertronian refugees) alongside the unaccounted Autobots from DOTM (Roadbuster, Topspin, Dino, and of course Sideswipe). They could also name Volleybot as Twin Twist and do a spin-off with them as a team of Wreckers with Hound or Hot Rod in charge of the group (so you have a character people who saw the last movie will know). Maybe they could be searching for Decepticons across the universe or hunting down Megatron on Earth.

I also wouldn't bring back Ratchet, because, for all the love I have for the character and my desire to see him get development in the movies, Optimus Prime's reaction to his death is one of the few things I really liked about Age of Extinction, and bringing him back would cheapen that. I know death is cheap in Transformers in general,but it's not a trope I particularly like. Jazz and Ratchet could have spin-offs set in the past to develop them. I've given my ideas for Ratchet's chance for development at least on the previous page.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    A story that takes place in feudal era Japan, that focuses on Drift and Bludgeon would be pretty cool.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

That’s what I was thinking for drift. Maybe have bludgeon be his master and he sends him off to japan.

9. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Going with the many Grand Canyon sized plot holes that Bayverse gifted us, both Ratchet and Jazz are still recoverable.
    Going with what they said in AOE, a Cybertronian's essence is contained within the spark. So long as that spark is left intact, that Cybertronian can theoretically be resurrected.
    Lockdown collected Ratchet's spark, which remains on the Knights Ship. So it can be argued that Ratchet's essence is still technically alive.

As for Jazz, he was torn in two at the waist. His spark also remains intact.

Both can be brought back, with just a smidge of creativity.

10. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

If neither truly died, why was Jazz pronounced dead? And what reason would Lockdown have for hanging onto Ratchet's spark? And why are we suppose to feel invested in Optimus' anger at his friends being killed when his friends weren't actually killed? I'm not saying there aren't already plot holes in the movies, but I don't think introducing even more and cheapening any impact the deaths of the characters had would help any.

If they brought those characters back, I'd feel more insulted that they couldn't find a way to develop them further before killing them off, whether in the movies previous or through retconning the development in a spin off. It would be far more creative and interesting, at least to me, to do spin offs set in the past that gave characters like Jazz and Ratchet and Starscream the development they deserve, than to have the characters just brought back from the dead as if they were just benched 'cause they broke a leg or sprained an elbow.

• Like Like x 1