Who would you want for a live action spinoff?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Digger, Apr 5, 2018.

1. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I say again: spinoffs are for well-loved or well-known characters to get a little more time in the limelight as a treat for the fans. They aren't the place to give characters the development they should've gotten in the regular goddamn film series. So for the Transformers films in their current state, your only option besides Bumblebee is Optimus Prime, and he gets enough screen time as it is that there's little else to learn about him.

2. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Well since we know it’s a reboot we can introduce new characters. Also that’s exactly what idw did with their spotlight issues. They had past events being released at current print about characters that don’t get a lot of screen time.

3. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Swipe and Sunny are canon twin brothers. Dino is their best friend.

• Like Like x 2
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    A single comic issue that ties into the ongoing story, made for fans, is nowhere near as risky or expensive as a full-blown movie for the general public.

5. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

The point is we aren’t giving development they missed. The characters don’t exist and so they can be developed.

6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

An origins movie could be awesome. It should mean fembots would get starring roles as well...

• Like Like x 2
  7. gorba

gorba Active Member

Lightning Strike Coalition or Decepticon Justice Division

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

None. Transformers has always been an ensemble cast. It doesn't really even make sense for characters to have their own solo movies.

It works for super heroes because they were solo to begin with and then formed teams... except for Wolverine who was introduced in X-Men first before going solo... though he was always described as a lone wolf character despite being on a team so for him it made sense to do a spin off.

Also Wolverine was a really popular character who earned his own spin off. No one in Transformers is popular enough on their own to warrant their own movie, at least not in the Bay verse. Bumblebee is really the only one and even he doesn't deserve it because the 2007 movie pretty much already is a solo film with how little screen time the other Autobots got in it.

9. IdiotBlaster

IdiotBlaster Banned

I'm almost positive he was introduced in an Incredible Hulk issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

I don’t want that to be fucked up.

11. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

You are correct!

12. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    More than anything, I really want the Operation Skyfire movie. If not that exactly, then I think something else in World War II would be interesting, preferably with fighter planes.

There are a lot of interesting characters to do spinoffs about, but I'm not sure Transformers is the kind of thing that lends itself to too many spinoffs, even the more known characters like Jazz and Ironhide probably aren't a big enough part of pop-culture to be able to get full movies dedicated to them. I could see a movie about Starscream or the Dinobots happening, they're pretty popular.

If we're talking about character spinoffs I'd be interested in a Ratchet movie. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the movie interpretation of the character, but I maybe they could make him a more traditional ambulance, and have him voiced by Jefferey Combs. That could be a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IdiotBlaster

IdiotBlaster Banned

Which it's strangely coincidental because I happen to be watching this:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

That’s strangely coincidental cause I was just watching this

15. IdiotBlaster

IdiotBlaster Banned

Haha, wow, that is weird.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Yep:confused2 

17. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Not sure we'll see one if the current franchise reboots or expands into a Hasbro Cinematic Universe, but if they wanted to do more prequels...

We could have a follow-up to Bumblebee: The Movie where Hailee Steinfeld's character returns to help Bumblebee shortly after the events of the first movie. The two are helping new arrivals Arcee, Jolt, Sideswipe, and Sunstreaker adapt to life on Earth (they could say the Twins haven't been allowed off of base yet) while Starscream is sending more Decepticons to Earth to annihilate the remaining Autobots. Sunstreaker would die, shattering Bumblebee's faith in his skill as a warrior and prompting him to remain behind with Sam, while losing his twin would drive Sideswipe to being more aggressive. The movie could end with Steinfeld's character going off again, while Starscream is approached by the Fallen, who orders him to revive Megatron.

A follow up to that could be a N.E.S.T. spin-off involving Ratchet, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Epps, and Lennox tracking down Megatron and Starscream after the events of ROTF (maybe Hailee Steinfeld's character could be in it too, to help connect it to the other spin offs). Part of it could revolve around fleshing out the three Autobots and their dynamic with the troops, but the real stars of the film are Megatron and Starscream, the former of whom is berating the latter over his failed leadership and essentially crushing his spirit. Ironhide and Ratchet could end up needing backup and the Steinfeld character convinces Bumblebee to officially join N.E.S.T. and go on missions with the other Autobots. Optimus would cameo, of course.

I'd like to see Transformers One, too, focusing on Optimus Prime and Megatron before the war. Perhaps they could have Sentinel Prime explaining to Optimus his background not only as a Prime, but a knight as well. Definitely have Jazz, Ratchet, Ironhide, and the first movie 'Cons show up. Bumblebee is a given, and Shockwave and the TLK 'Cons should be there, too.

Other earlier-in-the-past prequels could include one that focuses on the Dinobots on Earth trying to escape Lockdown and Quintessa/the Creators. It would definitely help flesh out that concept. I'd also like to see Jetfire's backstory of leaving the Decepticons. Include the Fallen, the ancient Primes, and maybe introduce the Predacons/Predaking. Lastly, a full-on movie about Bumblebee and Hot Rod working side-by-side with the British military while fighting Nazis in World War II could be fun. Starscream and the Combaticons (and their combined form Bruticus) could be the main villains, and of course, Onslaught and Brawl the Devastator would be the only surviving Combaticons by the end of the film.

• Like Like x 2
  18. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm interested to see how Optimus got his prime status

• Like Like x 1
  19. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

Nothing, the movieverse deserves to die and be left forgotten in years down the road.

20. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Well then.

• Like Like x 2