Who would win Movie Devastator or G1 Devastator?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Apr 5, 2010.

?

Who would win in battle.... Movie Devastator or G1 Devastator?

1. Movie Devastator

56 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. G1 Devastator

107 vote(s)
    65.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime Killer

Prime Killer Omega Class

Truer words have never been spoken.

2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

^THIS.

3. Lone Cat

Lone Cat Well-Known Member

Every Gattai teams in any continuity can split.
    Michael Bay just doesn't portray how ROTF Devastator disengage its gestalt

for me. G1 Devastar wins! it has Diaclone-style jetpack (and Devastor uses it in episode "Heavy Metal War") meow~

4. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

*snerk* Barnacles, I hate it when people use indisputable logic, but it's so true. X)

Anyway, serious talk now, I think it's really hard to say here. Even if they are supposedly the same character each Devastator has their own unique trait and body style. One could debate all day, but never come to a conclusion. What with factors like, body type, attack power, strength... Tactical abilities, no matter how limited, overall fighting technique. There's just too many ways a fight like this could go.

However, from a personal standpoint, I think that Movie! Devastator would come out the victor here. While one could probably argue that one being made up almost completely of drones and the other of six sentient 'Bots could turn the tides, but as it is they both have very low intelligence as far as stats go. I could be wrong, but I don't think that really makes much of an argument. That said, the biggest factors would be weapons fire and hand to hand combat skills. In hand to hand combat, or even close combat for that matter, I have a feeling Movie! Devastator could easily engulf or overpower an opponent of equal size(?). Think about it, one has human-esque features while the other has a build and stance similar to a gorilla which can be used as an advantage. (I mean, it's easier to tip something/someone on two legs, but fours a little harder, yes?) As for weapons, well, G1! Devastator probably has more, but would they work on the opponent? (Afterall it was the fall that offed Devvy in ROTF)

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    g1. he can stand, he can shot, he can run, he can separate, he can punch(did you ever see the movie one punch?)

movie. he sucks, he is heavy, he is slow. he got a weak spot between the legs.

g1 wins.

6. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Easily G1. far more maneuverable and much quicker. Plus, Devastator in G1 displays some simple intelligence, also a plus over Movie Devastator.

7. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1...He'd just fire a laser at him and he'd fall apart.

8. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple changing menace

News Credits:
    G1 hands down

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Movie Devastator would just suck G1 Devastator closer so G1 D1 can punch the sh*t out of him a few times.
    Mudflap messed him up pretty good, and he's tiny.
    Just imagine what G1 Devastators fists alone would do.

10. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    You see, the problem with asking that question is that G1 Devastator doesn't have a static scale or power "level" so to speak. He's as powerful and as big as the script requires, whereas RotF Devastator does indeed has a set scale and power.

While it's true that a single shot from a rail gun smashed RotF Devastator into pieces, they didn't have that technology in the 80s, and, as an above poster stated, it has a ridiculous amount of kinetic energy behind it, and would, in any reality, do some definite serious damage to either.

Comparing these two will not reveal a winner. If you want a clear winner, you have to state specifically which episode G1 Devastator is coming from, because, otherwise, we don't know whether he can survive a fall from the ESB, or can be disassembled by a single shot from Optimus Prime.

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im gonna stay neutral in this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.