who would have thought that they would run out that fast?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DarthMagnificus, May 10, 2010.

1. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

Seems Taobaodirect.com is reporting sellers are running of out reverbs and gunbarrels....

orders i placed for both got cancelled and refunded as sellers are reporting out of stock....

that was fast :) 

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. I hope one of my sets wasn't cancelled.

3. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

I'm in the dark on these guys, what are they. Haven't seen anything on them or maybe I jsut wasn't paying attention.

4. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    They were Scouts that were meant to be released at the end of the last movie line but were canned before they got to retail. They're repaints of the Energon Destruction team limbs (AA Tank and Helicopter)

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Is it common for unreleased toys to be produced in such large quantities?

I know they are nearly out of stock, but there seems to have been far more of these made and packaged than any other rumoured or unreleased toy in the past.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The rumor is that Hasbro produced a pretty good number of them because they thought they could get another market other then Target to take them. Maybe Mexico since these guys include spanish instructions. Hard to say though since the fact that suppliers are running out of these guys so fast point to the fact that they number in the hundreds and not thousands OR that they were produced in the thousands but the taobao suppliers only got a portion of them.

EDIT: Hopefully zealot got a stock reserved from his supplier before the run.

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, one more possibility. The suppliers in china will relist them at higher prices so they are currently "out of stock" of the cheap ones.

8. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just talked with the suppliers last night and was able to reserve the amounts for my groupbuy. The thing is the three unreleased scouts are sold in 8-pack boxes along with other common scout like crosshairs. While those taobao shops sold hundreds of gunbarrels and reverbs, they are also sitting on a massive inventory of other scout figures. My supplier told me he has to raise the price to offset the huge inventory.

Another source promised me to get more in stock, though reluctantly. I guess those suppliers are concerned with the inventory problem.

9. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Other than the oddity of owning an unreleased toy...why would you want these? I'm not criticizing, just genuinely curious.

Anyone who owns Bruticus has two of each of this mold and most likely trying to get rid of a set once FP's limbs come out.

10. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    or you can get a set of these and pair them with the FP one.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can only speak for myself, but having every exclusive from the first movie line was a goal of mine, and I think these fit that description pretty well. But yeah I have far, far more than two of the molds already :lol . And I don't buy third party products, so FP's limbs don't mean anything to me.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'm a Bruticus nut, so i want them because they're part of bruticus... and my plan is to use the FP limbs with ROTF bruticus, then the two extra limbs from that will join these two with an extra E barricade to make another bruticus...

13. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Like Lumpy, I'm a Bruticus nut.

But also, despite the flak the E.gestalt molds get for not having hands/feet/elbows in combined mode or for having duplicate limb molds, I think even if you completely ignore the combining ability of all 6 limb molds and all 3 torso molds, that those 9 are some of the most outstanding molds Hasbro has ever made. Gunbarrel & Reverb weren't going to marketed for their combining gimmick even.

Also, since I'm a Bruticus nut, these 2 dudes help make a pseudo-Classics Battle Gaia.

I'm using ROTF Bruticus as my pseudo-Classics Bruticus. So my pseudo-Classics Battle Gaia will be:

-Reverb(taking the place of the green Vortex repaint of Battle Gaia)

-Gunbarrel(taking the place of the off-white Brawl repaint)

-Club Landquake(taking the place of the red Swindle repaint)

-Energon Barricade(taking the place of the "bright" blue Onslaught repaint)

-The White repaint of the pseudo-F-22 mold from ROTF Bruticus(taking the place of the white Blast-off repaint

14. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Cool stuff. Well good luck to you guys and your hunt then :)