Who would have done what I did

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Soundblaster1, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Just wondering, how many of you would have done what I did.

The backstory:
    I have this dresser with a bookshelf on top of it. On said bookshelf are my G1 stuff (all reissues, but still...), Alts, 20th Prime, Prototype Cybertron Hotshot, GF Dark Fangwolf, RMs, WSTFs, Brave, BWII Megastorm, and my oldest Transformer (not my first, but oldest)- a G2 Cyberjet (black stealth bomber with blue parts).

This afternoon I cleaned out all the old clothes in said dresser, as well as another dresser (where RID Galvatron and Megabolt fell on my head).

This dresser/bookshelf was fairly unstable, wobbling every time one would walk by it too quickly or whatever. BIAB Magnus has learned this the hard way, and is now missing a smokestack/arm gun from it. I'm assuming the large quantity of old clothes in the bottom kept everything stable, because this evening when I walked by it, it wobbled WAY more than usual.

I decided to take down everything on the top shelf (G1, Alts, 20th Prime) to reduce the topheaviness, and then some of the other stuff (Brave, RMs, WSTFs, G2 Cyberjet, Prototype Hotshot, and GF DFW) just in case.

Who would have done the same thing? Who thinks I'm crazy? Who thinks I should have weighted down the bottom instead?

2. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust a wobbly shelf at all with my TFs. Removing them was a good call.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't understand what you did. You fixed a wobbly shelf? Why would that NOT be a good idea?

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fixing wobbly shelf begats safe TFs. Safe TFs begats bliss.

Yes, it was a good move!

5. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know why you feel guilty about this, it was a good call.

6. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I took everything down. The shelf is still wobbly and (somehow) still topheavy with next to nothing on it.

I feel guilty about it because the shelves are now pretty much bare, I have nowhere to put what was on the shelves, and it's gonna take WAY too long to put the stuff back up. And now the extent of what is displayed is anything on the top of the other dresser, and a few things on some wooden boxes. I almost feel 'incomplete' now.

7. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any idea to improve the situation is the best solution.

8. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

why not just strengthen the dresser? add a cross brace at a 45 angle on the back to make it more stable.

9. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

What actually confuses me more is that a dresser "made" your BIAB Magnus incomplete. Whenever I lose a bit to anything, I WILL tear apart my entire room to reclaim it, and if I think things out it doesn't have to come to that. Push that dresser out of the way, and that smokestack might just be staring back at you!

10. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    BIAB Magus fell when my dad got pissed at who knows what and kicked it. I wasn't even home at the time. So that smokestack is who knows where by now. And the fact it's a topheavy dresser doesn't make it transport-friendly.

I'll go looking now because I have nothign better to do, and the dresser doesn't have anything on it.