Who would buy the Transformers movie adaptation comic before the movie comes out?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by War Bearer, Jun 8, 2007.

1. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

I would buy it after the movie comes out because I want to enjoy the movie first.

2. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:

Well, that is not so strange. I'll be picking it up after I've seen the movie.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've read the early script, read the novel, and read the movie adaptation TPB. I'm not anticipating it will diminish the movie experience for me... if anything, it's gotten me more excited because I think the story works pretty well.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope...I want to be suprised...

5. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Im picking it up today. I read Star Wars Episode 3 before it came out and it was waaaayyyy better than the movie, but liked it just the same. I'm expecting to like TFTM regardless of TPBs, books, spoilers, etc...

6. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

Harumph the Mayor!! Harumph! Harumph!

I'm even more jacked up now because of reading the prequel and the movie novel. I keep thinking of this movie a lot like Jurassic Park. I read the book way before the movie, but *nothing* could have prepared me for what was shown in the movie. Every kid dreams about dinosaurs and here they were, real life dinos on the big screen. It's the same with Transformers. How many of us have dreamed about a car/truck/vehicle transforming amid traffic or whereever? Now we get to see that, on the big screen. So it won't matter what you read or what you don't read. The effect of seeing it on the big screen will be the same. Ok, rant over.

7. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

TRUTH. We'll see things never before seen on any medium previously released anywhere in the TF movie. A comic book or novel cannot substitute for the real deal/movie.

I've read the script, I'll be getting the comic and I'm sure I'll be blown away by the movie, just for the fact that the movie will break new grounds in the visuals department.

Story? Who cares. This is TF we're talking about.
    Even if the movie was a 2 and a half hour long BoneCrusher VS Prime battle, I'd still see it multiple times.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    too late!

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I read the comic of T2 before I saw the movie. When I did watch the movie, I enjoyed it less. It sucked knowing what was gonna happen before it happened. I will not make that mistake with TF. I've avoided the script this long, I can avoid a TPB.

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I would see the movie multiple times because it was a 2 and a half hour Bonecrusher Vs. Prime battle.

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I would/did. I read the prequel comics, and I saw the TPB today and I bought it on impulse. I haven't read any of it yet, but I have a feeling I will soon. I doubt knowing the storyline is going to hinder my experiance. From what we've seen so far, this movie is going to kick all kinds of ass. Knowing is only half the battle :) 

12. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

I found the entire movie adaption comic at Barnes and Noble, bought it but havent read the whole thing. Just a few pages in the beginning. Im trying hard to keep from ruining the movie for me. The final battle is probably the biggest thing I want to keep as a surprise.-Who lives, Who dies, HOW?

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm buying it, but won't read it until after the movie. That's how I was with Star Wars too.

14. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that some of the movie gets lost in translation to the adaptation. Even though you read it, I bet you will still be surprised by what you see in the movie. I have read the first issue and it looks like they cut out some stuff... so I am going to continue reading it. I think they do this purposely