Who would be your "thirteen" toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deruberhanyok, Sep 13, 2012.

1. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about the "thirteen primes" thing. I know some of them are listed in various series, and I guess the new show has given us names for all 13, but... I'm more interested in the general idea than the current implementation.

Now I'm trying to come up with a list of thirteen "prime" characters as a kind of made-up bunch that actually have figures available. Here's what I've got so far:

1) Vector Prime (really obvious)
    2) Nexus Prime / Nexus Maximus (also really obvious)
    3) Alpha Trion (again, I think this is an obvious one)
    4) Optimus Prime (see #5 - I think two polar opposites makes for good mythic characters)
    5) Scourge (see #4) (if available, get the "black repaint" of whichever figure you used for Optimus)
    6) Leo Prime (representing beasts)
    7) Omega Prime
    8) Sentinel Maximus (TFCC)
    9) Megatron (because even the bad guys should be represented, and he is, after all, Optimus Prime's nemesis)
    10) Megazarak (see above, potentially acting as The Fallen)
    11) Logos Prime / Soundblaster
    12) Perceptor (representing mini-cons / micromasters)

Primus and Unicron can't be on the list, either, given that Primus was supposed to be the one who created them to fight Unicron.

Who else could go on this list? Do you have your own "thirteen"? Again, the catch is: the character must have a figure available, so one could theoretically make a display shelf of these guys.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  2. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wasn't the black repaint of Cybertron Soundwave supposed to represent one of the 13?

3. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What about the fallen?

4. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Logos Prime

It hasn't been confirmed if he's a member of the 13 or not though

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My "Thirteen":

- Vector Prime - The Galaxy Force Vector Prime repaint from the Cybertron line.
    - Logos Prime - Galaxy Force Soundblaster.
    - Solarus Prime - Cybertron Excellion.
    - Prima - TFTM07 Protoform Optimus Prime.
    - The Fallen - RotF Fallen, original deco.
    - Micron Prime - Cybertron Shadow Recon Minicon Team (hive mind)
    - Nexus Prime - TFCC Nexus Maximus
    - Liege Maximo - Combined form of Mindset (E-Barricade), Rook (TFTM07 Gunbarrel), Blight (E-Blight), Hooligan (RotF Swindle) and Death Cobra (TFTM07 Reverb)
    - Animus Prime - BM Deployer Rav
    - Necros Prime - Energon Dreadwing
    - [Name Pending] - Energon Quickstrike
    - [Name Pending] - HftD Fallen, blue deco

That's only 12; still deciding on a 13th.

6. deruberhanyok

Hah, I completely forgot about him. I didn't really care for the second and third movies and he just didn't even pop into my head as an option. I didn't look over the list of the actual names from the new show, so I missed him.

I feel like Megazarak makes for a pretty good Fallen. Maybe if I lit him on fire... One figure with the movie aesthetic among 12 others without it would seem really out of place to me.

Didn't know about this! Tfwiki just referenced the repaint as Soundblaster on the Cybertron Soundwave page, so I figured him for another "black repaint" and didn't read the whole entry on him. Interesting! He makes a good counter to Vector Prime, too.

That's 11, maybe 12 for me if I double up on the Fallen and Megazarak. Hmm.

Anyone else? What toys are your "thirteen"? Or, now that I've looked at the list of Primes, what toys would you use to represent the "thirteen" from TF: Prime?

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Before I get to the list, I'm going to throw in the disclaimer that there's a fair bit of personal fanon being used in my rendition of the Thirteen. To me, the characters of Prima and Sentinel Prime aren't the first Transfomers created by Primus, they're the line of succession for the Matrix of Leadership. So that's the concept I'm running with mine. They're the thirteen Primes before Optimus (making him 14, and Rodimus 15, etc.).

Don't exactly have every figure lined up with a character just yet as some are more obvious to work with than others. Here goes, not in any real order...

RID Optimus Prime/Carrobots Fire Convoy -
    Armada OP/Micron Legend Convoy -
    Energon OP/Superlink Grand Convoy -
    Cybertron OP/Galaxy Convoy -
    Energon Megatron - Megatronus Prime aka The Fallen
    Energon Wing Saber -
    Armada Overload - Mini-Con Prime
    custom Alpha Trion (still in the works)
    Vector Prime
    Big Convoy - First Beast mode Prime
    Nexus Prime
    DIA Commander -
    Cyb. Thunderblast - Solus Prime (the female one)

Any figure that doesn't already have a red and blue deco will be getting one.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    If I could, I'd totally post a pic of 13 Vehicons in this thread...

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

My thoughts on the 13:

-"Megatronus Prime" is the dumbest name to be inflicted upon the fandom since "Rodimus Prime." What a wasted opportunity.

-I really like the idea (mentioned on TFWiki) that Maccadam is one of the 13. I suspect the concept, if it was ever intended at all, has been scrapped, but I like to think that one of the named 13 (maybe Alchemist Prime or Prima) assumed the Maccadam identity.

-Hasbro not including Logos Prime on the canon list was sort of annoying, since Takara already went to the trouble of creating him. Thirteen slots and they couldn't squeeze him in? If I were to construct a personal fanon for the 13, he'd still be on my list (mostly because his toy is sexy and "Logos Prime" is a good name).

-I sort of don't like Alpha Trion being one of the 13. He's old, no doubt, but I think I'd prefer the 13 to be a little more hidden, a little more impossibly ancient, and more inaccessible. But I guess giving him the slot made sense, rather than creating a completely new character.

10. deruberhanyok

I agree. And 25+ years after the movie, I still think "Rodimus" is a funny word. :) 

Although, I didn't really care for all of the "prime" names either - only 6 on my list (7 if you call Scourge "Nemesis Prime") are actual "primes".

Heh, that's another little tidbit I hadn't heard. No idea who could represent him, though. There's got to be a figure out there that could be a bartender, but none are coming to mind.

After looking at the wiki a little more, I think the "Micron Prime" or "mini-con prime" or whatever you want to call him could be represented by the combined Armada mini-con Perceptor. I'm gonna add him to my list.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm using Armada Overload. Think it suits the "Prime" name better, plus it's also a Headmaster with its Transtector, and a Targetmaster so the character could basically be the "first" of those as well.

And while I don't think it's particularly original, I don't mind Megatronus Prime too much.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    IIRC we don't know all of the 13 yet, so there is still a chance we might get to see him in the lineup.

13. deruberhanyok

Ooh, I hadn't thought of it that way - covering headmasters and targetmasters works really well for that, he's sort of an "all aspects of mini transformers" kind of guy.

Not sure about the last spot. The only one that has come to mind so far is Sixshot - I figure the first sixchanger would have a spot as representative of the few sixchangers and triple changers, but since they're already so uncommon I'm not sure it's necessary.