Who would be down with KO Oversized PE Reflector

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Aug 8, 2011.

?

Would you like to see a KO oversized Reflector?

1. Yes - MP Scaled to go with my MP figures (Voyager size should be to scale)

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Yes - Scout size to be in better scale with my Classics line

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. No Thanks

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    With all these oversized KO's coming out, I would love to see an oversized KO PE Reflector to MP Scale (Voyager Size should be in good scale) for my MP Season 1 collection.

I know others of you would prefer the Scout size for them to be more in scale with classics. Would you guys like to see either or? Or would it be a big pass on your parts?

I figure if there is some good interest we can always e-mail them to see if they would do it.

I don't even care if they give us all of the weapons. Those little PE guys are just awesome by themselves!

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    The only reason that I would be a KO PE reflector of that size is for the weapons. If they fit for 5mm peg holes.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I wouldn't want to see it any larger than a big ye olde style camera if it happens.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    An upscale to scout or deluxe would be cool to look at but one of two things will happen.

Low Price, Low Quality. PE puts out tiny figures but the QC it through the roof. Honestly the only thing going against these guys is size but everything else makes you quickly forget about the size. The KO in this reality may be big but will look like crap if it is to sell at a low price.

High Quality, High Price. Well in this reality the high price will be enough to say no. I have the PE version and as I mentioned everything is so awesome about it I can overlook the size. So a bigger (expensive) version has no appeal to me.

A third reality would be High Quality, Low Price...but if that happened paint me blue and call me a smurf. During this time of major 3rd party competition I thought prices would fall but it seems that they are on a steady rise.

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I hear you. But for me, I would be willing to take a Low Quality of the MP Scaled ones. As long as the paint on them is good, I am fine with it. The only thing they are going to be doing is sit posed on a shelf anyway. I just have a huge hole in my Season 1 Decepticon MP Shelf that I cannot really fill with the G1 figures like I did for some of these. The oversized PE would be fine.

I mean I am using a custom painted KO Soundwave until the MP one comes along. I also need to take a new picture, I added Thundercracker since this.
    I figure that I could use Hercules as the Devastator. He maybe big enough.

I am trying to see if there is a Camera that is big enough to fit in Thundercrackers hands. That may have to do if these never come out.

[​IMG]

6. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Seeing how the only reason I haven't bought PE Reflector is the size, I'd be totally down to get it if there were a bigger version.

7. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no, the PE were designed to be at that sized. if you take the same figure, make it almost 10 times its size to be a voyager, well maybe not ten, it will look terrible.

you can only do so much with the size they are at, so making them bigger you would expect more.

plus then there is the whole quality issue. you ever seen those scouts that are ko and oversized? awful.

and why are there two choices for yes? they are already in scale with the classics line i think.

8. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Nope, never saw those? Any links would help.

Maybe your right, but a low quality KO would probably keep me ok with what I get. If the paint app is correct I would be fine.

If not, I would feel comfortable starting to Radicon some cheap KOs to look better. Been thinking of doing that for the KO oversized insecticons. The paint on those is horrible, but they look great once repainted.

9. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    u can find them on kotoys.com, but its just the idea that the PE have what 6 movements?

head, shoulders, elbows, waist, hip and knee. now take that and make the voyager size.

i would be pretty unsatisfied with a voyager than only has that much movement. i would expect more detail, wrist movement, more pieces involved in transforming and so on.

i get what you want and looking to do, but a cheap alt to this would be just that, cheap lol. maybe if the paint apps were spot on if not better and for display purposes, but they could just look weird too.

10. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree. If they had good articulation, I would definitely go for it and have em displayed right behind the PE reflector on my shelf.

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I would get them if they were bigger. Until I saw them in some funnies comics here on the boards I didn't realize how tiny they are.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I see where you are coming from now and I don't envy your wallet (or mine either) Collecting a large scaled MP line will be quite the feat but is something even I am going to do.

Between the unofficial releases of the Coneheads, the rumoured Dinobots and Soundwave and Blaster and the official Prime, Seekers and rumoured Ultra Magnus..you can see the scope of the MP line getting big enough to be collection worthy (as in an impressive display of many characters)

Well thanks for giving me a reason to buy a massively upsized KP of Reflector. Because of your rational I would be on board for a cheap MP scaled Reflector. BUT I will not bother with something scaled to Classicverse. PE missed it by less than an inch so I wouldn't bother.

13. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    scout sized to fit the classics line for me :D 

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hells no. Knock-offs are an ugly practice in general, but knock-offs of 3rd Party product are even more sleazy.

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, at this point I am trying to limit it to Season 1. That season was pretty limited in terms of characters at least on the Decepticon side of things. So right now Reflector is really the only one missing.

I will take updated pictures soon of my updated MP Autobot shelf. I use the Alternators/Alternity as a decent stand in. I am only like 5 or 6 figures short on that shelf. The release of Ratchet and Ironhide from iGear will help that.

I am not sure what I am going to do about other seasons, as that may get insane. I may have to just do a Season 1 shelf and a movie shelf and call it a day.

At the moment, I am really debating getting those KO oversized insecticons and trying my hand at painting them. I don't think I have the skills or the figures to customize them the way some people on here have. They would fit better into scale as well.

But I do agree, I do feel bad for my wallet. LOL. Especially if 3rd Party companies keep doing combiners.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I forgot all about the PP line. My only issue with that is that they don't really fit in with MP. They are about the same size as an Alternators figure and because of that look too small. They are missing very little height but a lot of bulk for Alts.

For me PP will be just another G1 line I collect bringing the count up to 4 (OG1, MP/Alts, Classics and PPs)

Sticking only to G1 S1 will only eliminate the Coneheads and UM so your wallet will still hate the fuck out of you lol

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Wallet and wife both!