Who won? Prime or Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jet convoy, Jul 21, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Prime won the fight, but died after doing so. He withstood all of Megatron's attacks long enough to get the final blow in and incapacitate Megatron. Meg's attacks ultimately lead to Primes death, but they didn't end the fight; if they did, Prime wouldn't have got the last shot in.

2. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

Megatron. Prime would never have fired that gun. He can't kill like that. Prime could kill in defence but with Megs begging for his life prime would have tried to take him as a prisoner or something. Primes compation is a weakness in a one on one fight.
    Megs lives Prime Dies
    Winner is Megs because he is the only one still standing (even if he needed help)

3. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, the Dinobots so took out Devastator. You think being knocked around a little would stop them? It just happened offscreen. They mobbed the bastard, taking him out of the fight until one of them got a good shot in and knocked them apart. Then Grimlock chewed on some constructicons.

4. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

I think Megatron won, though cheap he did give Optimus Prime fatal wounds. Even though Prime did get the last hit and caused the Decepticons to retreat he died very shortly after the fight. Megatron seemed to have a chance of survival in his current state had a certain seeker not tossed him overboard. Had Hot Rod not messed up the whole fight by jumping at Megatron Optimus may had been able to get in a shot or two as he fell if Megs still caught him off gaurd.

5. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

Megatron :D 

6. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I'd say Megatron.

7. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    PRIME ALL THE WAY...

The way I see it, after Starcream threw out Megatron from Astrotrain, Megs slowly succumbed to his own injuries and died in space. I believe he and the other mortally injured 'cons (Insecticons & T-Cracker & Skywarp) were all already dead when they "bumped" into Unicron (don't forget, Unicron called out Megatron's name a couple of times and Megs was not responding). Unicron most probably revived Meg's dead spark for a brief period and provided Megs a choice of death or working as a slave.

So technically and morally Prime won. Both he and Megatron died at the same time (that scene in the medical bay most probably occurred at about the same time that Megs was floating and died in space) AND Prime was still standing after the last blow.

8. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I think the Dinobots won, but at the cost of Snarl. I mean there are two scenes that show him in the movie (in the beginning @ moon base 1 when Laserbeak is spying at the munitions depot and when Blaster intercepts Jazz's transmission). Snarl probably engaged Devastator behind the scenes but got his butt kicked hard which resulted in him staying @ Autobot City w/ Blaster and all the other Seasons 1&2 characters who survived Megatron's slaughter.

9. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Megatron won. Like others said, he lived/prime died.

10. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Prime won. And using the excuse that Prime died and Megs lived has alerady been noted. Megs died and was reborn, as was Optimus, who again handed Megatron, eh, Galvatron his ass on a silver platter.

11. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Please.....

Grimlock got knocked out with a karate kick while he's falling out of the sky.....

Swoop got buried.

Sludge got squashed like a bug.

Slag got one got spear in. That was it.

Since we're talking off camera, maybe Optimus took Devy out before he came on screen and took out the other 'Cons......

12. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I've always found it interesting that at the start of the battle, Prime vows to stop Megatron no matter the cost, but in this he is only referring to the personal cost to himself. Even after Megatron has killed many of his friends and sacked Autobot city, he is still unwilling to sacrifice one more to finish Megatron off. I'm impressed with how much of Prime's character was conveyed in a relatively short sequence. I think the real unknown here is what Prime would have done had Hot Rod not interfered, but this has been debated many times before.

13. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Sharp N Squishy

News Credits:
    Kup: Prime did it! He turned the tide!

Seems to me that would indicate that Prime accomplished what he set out to do.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The winner is the Death Star, in three rounds.

what? :) 

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Megatron. Thanks to Hotrod

16. Gobot Galvatron

Gobot Galvatron Well-Known Member

Pfft. Please. Galactus eats the Death Star, then Unicron sucks Galactus into his ass... I mean "planet-mouth", Rodimus destroys Unicron, Optimus steals Rodimus' thunder.

.....Wow, I guess Optimus wins.

17. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I think everyone would agree he turned the tide. However that is not the question of this thread.

And Prime DIED. To say he came back and kicked Galvatrons ass does not count. He had to be rebuit by Quints in a storyline that should never have been made( as it destroys the power of the movie)

18. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sEmantics. SEMANTICS!

19. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Prime said, "One will stand and one shall fall", at the end of the fight Prime was the only one standing. Briefly of course. I really don't know if Megs would have survived the trip to Cybertron or if he could have been repaired. Prime won by stopping the Decepticons from destroying his people.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Prime won the actual fight. Hot Rod allowed Megatron the chance to fuck Prime over. If not for that, there's no way Megatron would've been able to successfully reach for that gun. Plain as day to see.

Also, who's to say Megatron wouldn't have died not too long after being thrown out into space had Unicron not interfered?

Damn it I'm sounding like a fanboy :(