Who wished 6' Titanium figures were just plastic?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Macross7, Jan 27, 2007.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if you'd been here when the line was still in its infancy, DON himself stated it was an updated design of GI Joe Megatron...

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'd love to see these redone in just plastic. It was really disappointing to have to settle for finding the Jetfire that had the least amount of paint rubbed off from his legs instead of being able to find one with no damage at all. Paying double the price for a deluxe-sized figure with less detail than a main line deluxe toy is not a benefit. I don't spend a lot of time weighing my toys. The only "benefit" I get from added weight is that the toy falls down more easily.

3. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Sorry, I missed that announcement. So the first 6" Tit Megs is supposed to be an update of G2 Megatron I'm guessing?

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    He didn't, but if you read his bio it outright says that's where he's from. Also, Don said that he had to redesign him toy wise because he couldn't be a German Luger... which is apparently what he was in the first GI Joe/TF Dream Wave/Devils Due crossover. At least that's what I remember reading.

Edit: Doh'! Beaten by Redline. ...should probably read an entire thread before responding to a simple question like that... :redface2: 

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I love this line as is with the metal and I'm glad it's continuing. Can't wait to see Prowl!

6. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Against my initial opinions, I've come to love this line and wouldn't give up the metal for anything. They're great display pieces and are actually really fun to transform. The only thing I'd wish out of them is a WWI Optimus with better joints to come out later. Maybe they'll include a trailer with it or something to make it worthwhile for people to buy.

I also think the transformations would seem too simplistic if they were plastic. It's perfectly acceptable right now because it's necessary, but I'd definitely notice it. Besides, this line doesn't have the same aesthetic, visually or transforming-wise, to look right next to the Classics figures.

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Plastic suck, Diecast rules. No I do not wish they were plastic.

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    You know, even if he was just a replica of G1 with poseable limbs I would go nuts. Prowl is like one of the most underappreciated characters ever.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have to completely agree with that! :thumb 

We haven't really had a good rendition of Prowl in a long long time...

10. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I dunno, BT and Alternator Prowl did a pretty good job but the arms were too skinny and you had to modify the legs to give him knees. But other than that he wasn't bad.

11. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Aside from the head and a switcheroo paint scheme... he always looked like the character he was intended to be *even after the leg mod I did*... Red Alert. Prowl was one of the few Alts that I really fealt gipped with because all the other G1 character *even Grimlock!* really attempted to do an updated version and robot mode of the old school character. IMO, Prowl just changed too much and, again, always looked more like Red Alert... and I thought that long before Nevermore tracked down sources that exposed that as who the body mold was originally inteded for...

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm looking forward to Prowl. If he is G1, I have two things to say:

1) Awesome, he'll sit nicely with the Classics.
    2) Bring on Silverstreak and Smokescreen!

13. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

I'd like to have a nice G1 Titanium Jazz and G1 Titanium Hound to go with Prowl.