Who Wins In A One-On-One Smackdown Ultra Magnus Or Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Dec 9, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I'm having a hard time deciding who wins in a one-on-one fight Animated Ultra Magnus Or Animated Megatron (after the allspark rebuilt his body.)

So who do you think wins and why?

THANKS for posting!!

2. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    Megatron.... If Ultra Magnus could beat him don't you think he would of already...

3. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

Considering that Starscream punked out Ultra Magnus in the cartoon, and Megatron is far stronger, I say that Megatron wipes the floor with him. Magnus is old guard, and it's a new Decepticon war. It has a bit of a Star Wars flavor where the Autobots(the Jedi) are getting long in the tooth and a bit lackadaisical and blind in their power, and the Decepticons(the Sith) uprisings feel more like a political revolution.

4. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:

So it's almost like an aging Obi Wan Kenobi VS a much younger and more powerful Darth Vader........and we all know how that turned out.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering when Starscream attack Ultra Magnus it was a point blank charged shot to the face while Magnus was distracted, we really don't know.

However what we DO know is that Ultra Magnus is bigger and bulkier than Megatron comparing to Starscream, so his chances of victory on a weaponless one-on-one are very high I'd say.

6. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Winner :: Megatron.
    Reason :: Ultra Magnus can't deal with it.

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Toy wise: Ultra Magnus-Due to size and weapons which could be truue in cartoon.

Toon wise: Megatron

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Easily Megatron. Ultra Magnus has obviously gotten a little rusty in his old age.

9. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Megatron, search your feelings you know this to be true.

To Quote Spaceballs: "Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb."

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I would win!
    Because that would be an awesome fight to see.

Kind of like the fights between Ultra Magnus and Galvatron in the comics.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It would be Megatron, becuase Megatron is badass and he kicked Starscream's ass and starscream attacked Magnus but Optimus defeats Megatron then is Optimus stronger than Magnus???????

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Megtron, definitely Megatron. Magnus is pretty powerful, but the years since the war was over haven't really helped him at all. Though I wouldn't say Optimus is more powerful than Magnus is, since he's never really faced him completely on his own and without help. On a side note, if Grimlock was trained up a bit, and was given a reason to attack him, I think he'd have a decent chance against Megs. Which is why I think the Autobots should take the Dinobots to Cybertron and train them up a bit. That way they can be an actual help to them.

13. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

megatron...c'mon? magnus beating megatron?

the only transformer capeable of defeating megatron, and when i say defeat i mean defeat for good, is optimus prime

14. Galvatro

Galvatro Make mine Animated! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello All!

Ultra Magnus would win out against Megatron. It isn't about brute strength at all. It seems more about power and Magnus has more than enough. Given that Magnus appears well armored, I think Magnus would be able to fend off Megatron long enough to use his Hammer. BLAM! and Megatron would be zapped with 1 billion Volts of electricity (the AVERAGE voltage of lightning). Doubt Megs would be very able to do much after that. On the other hand, does Magnus even have to tap the Hammer at all? Couldn't he just shunt the electicity thru the Hammer upon impact with his enemies?? If that is a possibility, there would be only the delay of how fast the swing was.

Magnus may be undone if Megatron can outsmart Magnus and manage some way of knocking the Hammer away from him. As we have yet to see Magnus' physical prowess (haven't seen Magnus be very 'physical' yet), Megatron's physical abilities may well be better than Magnus' own. Megs then tears Magnus to pieces between his swords and some blasts from his Fusion Cannon.

One other thought- both of these guys have some vanity to them, which either could use as an edge in a battle against his opponent. Megatron seems to take action when it is required of him and to 'get dirty' when the time calls for it. I am not so sure about Magnus. We really don't know enough about him yet.

I could argue this either way. Based upon experience and weapons, I favor Magnus with his Hammer anyday. Megs would get the shock of his life with one blast/hit and who knows how 'hot' the Hammer can get.

Galvatro

15. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Rodimus. If Magnus was down.

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Magnus. He has many, many guns. Megatron has one.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually, Magnus, so far, doesn't have any guns, and his only weapon is the hammer. Hasbro said that all the additional weaponry that the toy has was added just for the toy, and doesn't represent anything in the cartoon.

Honestly, if Magnus could take down Megatron, I think the Great War would have ended even earlier than it did. Basically, if Magnus couldn't do it back then, then I seriously doubt he could do it now. Though it would be cool to see the two of them actually fight each other. Maybe even make a homage to the old movie, but swap the parts:

-G1 Optimus Prime=An. Ultra Magnus
    -G1 Ultra Magnus=An. Rodimus Prime
    -G1 Rodimus=An. Optimus Prime

On a side note, all this talk of Ultra Magnus makes me want his toy even more now. Though I still hope we get a Voyager class figure of him. The Leader class figure is just too expensive for me atm, and there are plenty of other figures that are either already out, or will be out in the next couple of months that I want to get even more.

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Really? Oh, I missed that.

Even so, given that what we've seen of the autobots, most of them use melee weapons, they must really outclass the 'Cons in strength, or they wouldnt have driven them from cybertron. You know, given how the enemy have guns, you know what they say, 'never bring a knife to a gunfight'.

19. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Megatron.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well actualy, I'm pretty sure the Decepticons ALL-AROUND are alot stronger, the Autobots just have way better strategies.