who will win the avengers or justice league?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by tfprime32, May 16, 2012.

1. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I dunno man, he could just shake the ants off at super-speed or something. The flash has a lot of really, really cheap ways to get out of situations like that.

I would have said a better counter to the flash would be for captain america to just predict where he's going to be, put his shield in the way, and just re-direct all the force of the blow back into the flash, probably shattering every bone in his arm and shoulder in the process.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    True. Never thought of that aspect of it. :thumbs2: 

And that's why I reiterate that there's so many specifics with characters that would have to be nailed down before a realistic guess could even be attempted.

Yeah, between 'moving his arms really fast and creating tornadoes' and 'running so fast that he basically overwhelms the ants with oxygen' and stuff like that, Flash does have some unusual methods that could easily deal with ants.

3. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Silver Age flash was INSANE with stuff like this. He could do things like vibrate so fast his molecules were vibrating out of phase with solid objects and then walk through walls or have things go right through him, or run so fast on a specially made treadmill that he travels back in time to last thursday where he buries landmines or a beartrap right where you're going to step today. And modern flash can do stuff with the "speed force" that're ri-goddamn-diculous, like sucking away all your kinetic energy after he gets close to you, turning you into a living statue. This is all stuff that happened in the comics.

The Avengers fought and worked with Quicksilver, a marvel speedster, but he was never nearly as god-tier broken as the flash has been at times.

VVV see above. He could do a bunch of stuff to evade the ants, or maybe even just take the bio-sting. The flash has taken worse. Maybe O'grady Ant-man could think up some way to beat him, or get lucky, though.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

My point here is more that he'd be blind to move, therefore he wouldn't risk running into a wall in super-speed [since he can't see what's in his way]. At least, he wouldn't risk it for enough time for Ant-Man to kick his ass.

5. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Discussions like this is one of the reasons why I can never get into DC superheroes. The way the writers have defined Superman (for instance), from an alien who started off jumping tall buildings and lifting cars, and evolved into a god who is practically omnipotent with a few drawbacks like Kryptonite (which he can handle regardless). And that is before we get into other heroes like WW, Flash, Batman, etc.

6. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is pretty much why comparing DC and Marvel falls apart: completely different approaches to storytelling. DC heroes are completely jacked, elevated in terms of power and abilities to literally the supreme, and then used to represent ideals or concepts of philosophy and humanity. The marvel heroes, on the otherhand, may have powers beyond those of normal human beings, often well beyond, but remain human beings, complex characters with flaws and dreams that the average reader can identify with. These flaws and eccentricities and places the heroes come up short are as important, if not moreso, than their strengths.