Who will the scalpers target this time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Valkysas, May 10, 2009.

1. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

Whoa there, tiger. I'm not hating on Animated. All I have is what I see before me, and that is a trend. A trend in my area. This trend is that Animated sits almost as much as Indiana Jones and Speed Racer toys do/did.

Cybertron may have gotten 52 "episodes", but 40% of those episodes were the same transformation sequences that were replayed, again, and again, and again.

Now if we are comparing the plot/VAs of Galaxy Force with Animated, then I would understand, as by many accounts, it is a great series. Even with the re-hashing of TF sequences.

At least Animated got the VA for Shockwave. Animated is not, and never will be my cup of tea, per se, but they at least got that right, IMHO.

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

OK, OK, I guess I get a little passionate about Animated.

Anyway, onto topic. Who will scalpers target this time.... I am tempted to say Supreme Devastator but I feel like that toy's going to shelfwarm a bit anyway, especially with that awesome Legends Devastator around the corner.

To be honest, I think ROTF is going to get a break from scalping. I just can't see them targeting any of the toys amidst this recession and a good portion of ROTF's toys are merely updated ones from the first movie. Maybe some of the newer toys like Jetfire, Sideswipe, or Soundwave, but I think most of those will be high quantities to begin with anyway.

3. wgoodman

wgoodman Big Bot

Me too.

The trouble I have is that although there are often some TFA on the shelves near me, it is usually just the same few figures. I like this line a lot and, in my area at least, they seem to sell very well.

Back to topic again, Jetfire would also be a good candidate for scalping. Since Prime is out in the first wave, the fans that buy him up will feel that he is incomplete without Jetfire on his back. This would be a good one to expect people that want him and can't find him to pay a premium on Ebay.