who will/did you take to watch TFTM07?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KA, Jul 1, 2007.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i had 2 tix for the fan screening. was supposed to bring wifey. but she couldnt make it to the show last minute, so i called in my bro.

a bit of background info, my bro was born in 78. me, 75. as kids we watched the show, collected the toys, but i was more into it, he was more the outdoorsy type.

the last time me and bro prolly went to the movie together was the he-man movie was back in the 80s. we were still in grade school then. naturally we dont roll together in high school, because, you know, thats not cool.

so now hes married with a kid, so am i. bro managed the family biz for awhile but now is a manager at the VIP lounge at our int'l airport. me n wifey does contracts, and i'm a creative director at an interior design and furniture company. in short, were both grown ass men.

well, at the show on the 27th we both lost it. for 2 and a half hours, we reverted back to being 10 yrs old. we cheered when transformers flashed on screen, ooh'd when optimus 1st appeared, aah'd when the real action began and by the end of it clapped in ovetion like idiots.

miss this at the cinema at your own risk.

(the haters were so wrong abt this thing, we really should have a wall of lame XD)

2. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I brought my younger brother to the Singapore Gala Premiere on the 27th of June. We were born in 1986 and 1988 respectively and grew up on G2 instead. I kept telling him it will be good before the movie, citing all the online reviews, but he was rather skeptical. We were both totally floored by the movie.

The Next day on the 28th, I went to the local fan screening with a Childhood friend who also grew up on Transformers but is a rather casual fan. He said it was good, but was not particularly vocal about anything.

On the 29th, went to watch with 10 of my army friends.Before the movie, They were rather cynical as well, saying that the movie will suck just to tease me knowing my Transformers obsession. They took back everything they said after the movie and totally loved it. It was midnight when the movie finished and they ran about like little kids shouting "Autobots Roll Out!" and "One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" at each other and making fake transforming noises. Some even wanted to watch again straight away!

Today, I'm gonna watch it for the 4th time, this time with my parents. My dad has picked up a bit about Transformers over the years, having to raise me up, and he is easily impressed by the simplest CG animation so I have no doubt he will be blown away by the movie. My mother is not the type who enjoys action films, but tagged along to see what's all the hype about. I'll see what their final reactions are like soon enough.

3. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I'll be taking the wife, who got completely winded just watching the last few trailers. :) 

She's never crapped on my for my obsession - in fact, she is extremely supportive, but this is the first time she's gotten on the bandwagon full speed.

4. Nemesis Prime

Nemesis Prime Battle Commander

Went with my younger brother and a friend.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Im just taking a few friends, none of the family want to see it.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Will be taking the gf. Will probably see it alone before I do, to get my dork focus powers going

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i took the singer of my band and our mutual female friend. she is now a fangirl.

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been siting on some stuff for about a year now that I'm predicting is going to come in very handy in about... oooh, one week. ;) 

9. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I gathered a posse of friends, 5 of us overall. Gf out of town and closest mate was busy with work, so I suppose they miss out. Going again with my cousin in a week though

10. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I'll just be taking my Sister (who's going willingly and not being dragged!) and my beautiful open mind.

11. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    taking? Oh you mean apart from the toys ;) 

well, at my second screening (the fan screening Op Prime mentioned) some girls from my cosplay group were seated behind me and they've never been TF fans before this. Throughout the Movie though, I could hear them screaming and cheering (for Bumblebee), which was great. The minute we got out of the hall, they were gushing like mad about the movie and insisted on seeing it again.

All of them gave it glowing reviews in their LJs the next day.

my 3rd screening was kinda last minute when a classmate rang me up and asked if I'd already seen the Movie. Said I'd already seen it twice, but hey, if he wanted to watch it, I wouldnt mind accompanying him at all.

This is the guy who used to make fun of me for liking Giant Alien Robots. Yet, he came decked out in red and blue (homage to Optimus, he said) and was rather skeptical about the Movie being actually that damn good. Then the Movie started and he was sold!

After we got out, he apologized for laughing at me all those times and said he takes back all those things he said about me liking TFs. And yes, he too wants to watch it again and even wants to buy a Jazz now.

Guess its the long-time TF fans that have the last laugh.

Anyone else have similar "success" stories?

12. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

Monday 2nd: Me and my girlfriend. (age: 25, 25)

Wednesday 4th: Me, my girlfriend, my brother, my sister and her husband, my other sister and her boyfriend and my mother. (age: 25, 25, 23, 24, 32, 20, 22, 48).

I wanted to invite them all, meaning: I'm paying... They all are really looking forward to seeing this movie (I guess my enthusiasm for this movie is contagious).

Saturday 7th: Me, my girlfriend and three long time friends. (age: 25, 25, 25, 26, 27, 28)

Thursday 12: Me, my girlfriend, my father, his wife, her daughter and my three halfbrothers. (age: 25, 25, 51, 42, 22, 11, 11, 9).

13. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I went with some friends to the advance screening but I am taking the wife and my brothers family to see it on the 4th.

14. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Went with a whole crew from Cybertron.ca, then we went for some pretty fantastic burritos.

Good times. Good times.

Also, Mike's wallet got stolen.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    My sister and her Boyfriend might come. Also, my mom wants to see it so we're all probobly going to see it together.

16. Lament

Lament Active Member

Took my GF, My IT guy and his wife and couple of guitarists, 2 other mates went to an earlier screening that we couldnt make due to work. Think my mother and grandmother might go during the next week. Had to buy my GF Cyber Stoping Optimus the next day, I knew it was gonna cost me more than just the ticket :p 

17. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

My sons.

18. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I bought 5 tickets, so i am bringing 4 of my close friends. Whoever else wants to go can tag along with us and buy tickets. I think 10 of my friends wanted to see it with me first day, but I could only get so many.

19. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I'll be going with the gf on 7/3, 8pm. I bought the tix, she bought us matching Barricade t-shirts. She may just be more excited than I am (her only other experience with the product is Beast Machines, which both of us loved).

20. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'm taking my girlfriend and possibly a mutual friend as well, also female. Thing is I'll echo Nez and say I think my GF is more excited than I am to see the film.