who/what was the biggest waste

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by chillycheif, Jul 15, 2011.

1. chillycheif

chillycheif autobot funny guy

who was the biggest waste of the trilogy a character with so much potential but was just completly wasted.

for me it was jolt and ratchet they where cool bots but wasted i mean ratchet had good parts but not that cool also wheeljack/que and devastator and shockwave

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave. I thought he was cool, but he could of done alot more than he did.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^ Shockwave without a doubt.

Just a tool for marketing misdirection, to keep the identity of the real villain a secret.

4. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave

5. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Shockwave was really under used, everything I read about this movie was about Shockwave the new villain and so on but he didn't have much of an effect in the movie.:( 

6. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Shockwave and Megatron.

Oh, and the Twins.

7. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Shockwave was used right, I think - a red herring to cover for Sentinel Prime. Although, I think there might be less dissapointment if a less popular character was used instead - but, then again, maybe that's what made it work.

Most dissapointing for me was Soundwave. From a really nice stint in RotF, where he pretty much controls the world from behind the scenes, to being a slightly useless thug.

Arguably also Ratchet, since for a medic he never actually does any medic-things. During the battle sequences he should be holding back, setting up a triage or something.

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Alot of them, but mostly alot of the Decepticons. Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, Devastator...even Megatron.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Megatron

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's unfair to call characters wasted since these are only movies. Movies with a specific story, budget constraints and a cast of main characters. Every robot served some purpose on a technical level, and really when you have hundreds of robots to choose from but only 2 and a half hours at a time to tell a story. no way they're fitting everyone in their to the fan's levels, especially since what fans want varies incredibly.

11. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Shockwave, just a red herring to cover up SPs betrayal.

Jolt, purely there to promote the Chevrolet Volt.

Ratchet, never actually acts heals anyone or even give medical advise.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

That purple cyclops robot with the really big gun.

I don't have a problem with Sentinel Prime turning out to be the DOTM main villain, but I would've loved it if Shockwave got more screen time and characterization to make the viewers actually believe he was the lead Decepticon until SP's defection. Basically, I wanted more for his character than just promotional hype in the form of teasers, trailers, and posters.

13. EmFalcon73

EmFalcon73 Active Member

Devastator - apart from his extremely impressive 'combination' scene, he really didn't do a lot and was destroyed largely without other TFs being involved. Yes, the twins jumped around and made nuisances of themselves, but really - the character should have anchored a centrepiece battle sequence.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to say Devastator.

The trailers made him seem like this huge robot that was going to go all Godzilla on everything in sight.

But then the only thing he seems a threat to is our sand. He can't stop the twins. His vortex weapon only makes him an oversized vacuum cleaner instead of an Autobot crushing monster. If humans could put the pyramid stones in place then it seemed so silly that you needed a robot the size of Devastator to move stones that are only held in place by gravity. So the only Devastator accomplishment is he moved some stone blocks.

But the icing on the crap cake was to have him killed off with one shot by the humans. I don't care how powerful the weapon is in real world experiments it was just bad writing to reinforce the idea that humans are always the most powerful thing in the universe and there is nothing humans can't defeat on their own.

15. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    shockwave

16. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

My vote would go both Shockwave and Devastator. Both could have been epic. I pictured a huge combination of humans and Autobots to take down Devastator, not one shot from a rail gun. And Shockwave I thought would have done so much more. Two great designs poorly used.

17. Badwolf00

Badwolf00 Wrath of Everblight

As a hardcore Shockwave fan, I would have to say Shockwave. They could've done so much more with him than just marketing misdirection to avoid Sentinel's role in the film.

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Shockwave, Jolt or Devastator

19. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

Will have to agree with the most people here...Shockwave was really a dissapointment..not near being the badass he is in G1. That is sad. Another dissapointment is Devastator. He died waay to easy, and then there was the testicle part...O-o

20. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Shockwave