Who were the Throttlebots originally?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by antapp, May 21, 2010.

1. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've been thinking for sometime that the Throttlebots, in both alt modes and colours, are similar to earlier characters in the TF Universe. So, as Bumblebee was destoyed and became Goldbug, who became the other 5 Throttlebots?

My thoughts are;

Tracks became Freeway
    Cliffjumper became Chase
    Wheeljack became Searchlight
    Brawn became Rollbar
    Huffer became Wideload

Anyone else think the same?

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Dont know about Wheeljack and Brawn, but Huffer was on the floating Autobot Mausoleum that collided with a star and blew up. No way any of them could be Huffer. You can possibly assume that Wheeljack and Brawn, who also died in the movie were in the Mausoleum as well.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    And in the comics they were completely different, all new Autobots, except for Goldbug.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    New guys. There was a whole planet of these robits, you know.

That's one of my favorite things about G1, hardly any character reuse.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actully it was never confirmed , within the narrative of the toon,that Wheeljack died.

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I guess there's the posibility that Rollbar began as an 'upgraded' Brawn, put the movie put paid to that.
    Several of those characters have different personalities from the ones they're (suggested to be) an upgrade of though.

7. marvoflg

marvoflg Super Powered Warrior

News Credits:

I like the theory but the matching does not work in my mind save Brawn to Rollbar and Huffer to WideLoad.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Umm... Bumblebee was the only one rebuilt, then renamed Goldbug. And it was during The Rebirth, not the movie, so it's hard to say the others are rebuilt from previous characters who died back in the events of 2005.

I stick to the other Throttlebots being completely new characters, and Goldbug simply joining in.

9. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    A more interesting question-

WHAT were these molds originally?

I've seen a few unsubstantiated references to them being recycled Chor-Q molds. From a design standpoint, that seems like it COULD hold water, but from what I know of the Hardbro/Takara/Transformer development process of the post-movie era, it seems a little fishy...

D/L

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I always assumed they were a concept retread from whomever made Runabout/Runamuck. Good question though.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Wheeljack did die in the 1986 movie. There was that scene where Arcee dragged the dead body of Windcharger, and laid him next to a very dead Wheeljack.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I'll repeat it if you like.

"it was never confirmed , within the narrative of the toon,that Wheeljack died.

"And for that matter it was never confirmed, within the narrative of the toon, that Windcharger died either.

Yes we same what "appeared" to be their dead bodies.But their deaths were never confirmed......and as I've said before in other topics...they didnt turn grey.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Off-topic, but I noticed in Last Stand of the Wreckers, that when one of the main characters died in issue #4, his body was colored gray in #5. I totally got a kick out of that. :D 

14. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    That was always my assumption too, Battlechargers made that much simpler, but there IS something Chor-Q'ish about them in all their chbi-car glory.

Other than loose deductive reasoning (TF uses recycled Takara molds, Chor-Q cars are motorized and chibi, therefore they may be Chor-Q's), I'd love to know if the rumor is based on anything.

D/L

15. Lock Cade

We saw both Windcharger and Wheeljack lying dead in the 1986 movie, so there's no need for a confirmation that they are sincerely dead in season 3. And while their bodies may not be entirely gray, their eyes were a grayish-dark color which can only mean one thing... they were killed during the battle for Autobot City.

So how can you say that it was not confirmed they were dead? Where is it stated that they did not die in the movie?

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats your perception of what you saw....but can you prove it to be a fact with evidence from within the naritive???

I'll answer that for you...No you cant.

Its just as equally possible that what we saw was Windcharger and Wheeljack lying "DAMAGED" in the !986 movie.

And considering that Windcharger was seen in a season 3 episode and Wheeljack in the Victory series...we do indeed need a, in story, confirmation of their deaths to be cretin

Or their eyes were closed or burned out.Or they were energy depleted.

All 3 have been known to happen and cause grey/dark eye sockets.

Not to mention any number of other possibilities.

Care to try again???
    When was it everf stated that they "DID" die in any G1 toon story???

The answer to that will tell you why I can say they were never confirmed to be dead.

So I'll say again.

It was never confirmed, within the narrative of the toon, that Wheeljack or Windcharger died.

17. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do NOT BLOODY START THIS POINTLESS CIRCULAR ARGUMENT AGAIN.

18. Lock Cade

Just because Wheeljack appeared in the Victory series does not mean that it's not confirmed he died in the 1986 movie.

Here's a quote from the Misconceptions and Urban Legends About the Transformers Movie from the Transformers Wiki:

With that said, that's why characters from the first two seasons of the U.S. G1 cartoon series made appearances in the Japanese G1 series... because they were not aware that characters such as Wheeljack were killed off in the 1986 movie, and by the time the Japanese saw the movie, it was too late to go back and take out those characters out of series such as Victory.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  19. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think people have mistook my original uqery - I know that all the Throttlebots, bar Goldbug, were originally the own characters, I meant it as a hypothetical question.

20. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Note: I know TRANS+CRAZY's leg is being pulled but I'll respond anyway.

You do realize TF Victory is mainly a Takara production right? In context of the Takara timeline Wheeljack was retconned to have three bodies in Binaltech then the timeline diverged allowing him to survive.

Windcharger is a continuity flub. Heck he was on the Decepticon side!

Also Japan did not get the movie much later which explains the mistakes on Victory.

Got it good.