who was your first transformer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UNICRON'S BEARD, May 21, 2008.

1. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huffer!

I was living in Escondido,Ca. back in 1984... My mom bought me Huffer inside a JC Penny's somewhere near that city. There was the bigger cars there too but I knew that was all she could afford to spend. Also, that was the first time I had ever seen or heard of Transformers too. Who would have known then that I would have bought and sold thousands of them by 2009.

2. Jefrey8395

Jefrey8395 Mr.COG

G1 Bumblebee

3. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

Spinster..... I opened him, and Grandslam and Raindance...

but I had an Ultra Magnus (minus everything but the bot) that I must have received from a garage sale. Always wanted Optimus Prime but I just played with UM to death regardless. And I had always wanted Soundwave so I could put my tapes in it. lol

Now I'm older and I have money. And the internet. Yay!

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish I could remember my first tf... I do remember that for my 5th or 6th bday my grandparent came over and gave me a fortress maximus.... Man he was aaaawwwwssssooooommme. Third day I had him, yea, lost spike. It sucked. Lost him under our deck. It sucked. Lost a lot of tfs under there, neve found any of them. Moved back into that house, tore the deck up, still can't find anything under there. Ooh and before that, one of my favorite figures was ultra magnus. Probably more than maximus. I remember cuz I was in the hospital, and my dad brought me magnus. I thought that was great.

5. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I love this thread. I might be showing my age but my first transformer was a knockoff Soundwave, CASSETTEMAN!!! My family did not have a lot of money and we could not afford the real thing. I got him at a Flea market. I loved him, years later I had the opportunity to get a Cassetteman in the box and I jumped on it. I guess that is what fueled my love for vintage knockoffs. The stranger the better. Now that I have a good paying job and all I have been able to get all the G1, G2, BW, etc... I am now starting to get boxed items. I know I am not the only one who has this story but I love to tell it. The best thing about growing up poor is that I can wait to get something for the right price.
    [​IMG]

6. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

G1 Hound was my first Transformer. I wonder why I never got the re-issue...

Damnit, eBay.