Who was stronger..The Dinobots or the Predicons?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jedi prime1, Feb 6, 2007.

1. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

The dinobots were dumb, but who would win in a straight team vs Team battle? The only way that the Dinobots could win is if the preds would form Prediking then the Dinobots could focus on 1 bot insted of 5.

2. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Probably the dinobots lets face it the pred's tended to get their arses handed to them and every time they form predaking they seems to lose with in a few seconds. If we talking the comic the dinobots aren't dumb either.

Still I would love to see a new predaking and dinobot combiner for a real clash of the titans style battle.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    With the exception of Razorclaw and Divebomb, the other Predacons were also lacking in intelligence. They were portrayed that way on the TV series too, as I recall.

And Grimlock was not dumb, he just talked that way, although the TV series did portray him as a pea-brained moron.

I would say it would be a very close battle--possibly even a draw. And if Razorclaw stayed true to character (as described in his tech spec), he might even withdraw if he felt the battle was wasting fuel and energy.

However, Predaking not having any known weaknesses (acc. to his Tech Spec) does give him the edge. It would all depend on how well the Dinobots fought as a unit.

And however it turned out, I'm sure it would've be a helluvalotta fun to watch.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    The Dinobots would wipe the floor with the Predacons. End of story.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dinobots individually, preds combined.

but were just talking pure strength here.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    They fought in the UK G1 comics. And the Predacons got the living crap beat out of them.
    (I don't believe they combined though; that could be a whole other story)

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    they did not combine in prey.

i think the dinos could take down one of the slower combiners, but preds a sharp guy in combined form.

8. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Didnt the toy commercial present them fighting agaisnt the Dinobots? I feel like they were the Decepticons answer to the Dinobots. Wether or not the were the right answer, im unsure. Probably not-good always triumphs.

9. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Even though I prefer the PREDACONS, I grudgingly say the DUMBOBOTS would win. They wouldn't even know they were being hurt...

10. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

Predaking has "No Known Weakenesses".

Dinobots have enormous strength and inpenetrable armor. Well, they did when they were first created.

Both teams are not very intelligent.

Dinobots win!

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    you are incorrect. predacons arent outright dumb like dinobots.

also, predaking combined is remarkable for being one of teh more, if not the most, intelligent combiner. (unlike say devy and menasor)

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks KA; I was pretty sure they didn't combine, but it's been a while since I read the UK G1 stuff.
    Predaking's not so much intelligent as instinctive. He doesn't posess the mental issues the other G1 Decepticon combiners did; according to his Marvel bio he can spot and attack a target in .002 of a second. Even the other Decepticons are terrified of him. Add to that being very heavily armed and well armoured, and you have a very dangerous opponent. If you want more proof of this, look at how easily he took down Bruticus in the DW G1 comics. Individually the Dinobots would tar the Predacons; combined, the Dinobots would definitely get there asses handed to them.

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Speaking of the DW comics, according to the MTMTE entry. The Predacons like the Protectobots. Are the most efficient of the Combiners since when combined their individual minds aren't in as much conflict as the others combiners.

But Marvel comics was weird with the Predacons as Megatron took Predaking down by himself with just a tree stump and a blast from his fusion canon. So not much power there :redface2: 

But if you use DW and the cartoon, I fully agree that individually the Dinobots would win. But combined the Predacons will win.

And if you use this old commercial, the Predacons were the Decepticon's answer to combat the Dinobots

14. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Brutics dident loose, that dont count..Bruticus never loose its a conspiracy I say ..

on to the topic.

for me I think the Dinos would win anyway, but it would be harder for them to win if the predacons united just because Predakings strenght. I belive this in this objectevly point of view.

Individually.

Grimlock vs Razerclaw :Like Grimlock would loose to Razerclaw. Grimmy is bigger and stronger then Razerclaw.

Swoop vs Divebomb : close call, Swoop is a good warrior but the wings could easalie be damadged , I dont know if Divebombs wings are as fragile as Swoops. Think Divebomb would win

Slag vs Headstrong: Slag runs down Devastator , really think he would have a problem with Headstrong, and dont forgett Slag also has his flamethrower that even burned a hole in Unicrons butt. Easy victory for Slag

Snarl vs Tantrum ; Tantrum has his ragin mode , yet I know but remeber Snarl is gets power from the sun ,that increases his power way beyond Tantrum. For Tantrum to win he have to attack Snarl at night and even then it would be a close call. Tantrum also carries fuel reservs and a hit at them with Snarls missile launcher , well not a good idea. Snarl also has his tail that he can hit with tremendeous force. Easy Snarl wins.

Sludge vs Rampage: Ramapge has the speed, Ill give that but Sludge is just to strong, he has his enourmes power to destoy roads, buildings , create small earthquakes. he can whip his tail with emence force. Ramage can donge much of his speed but his attacks would just irritate Sludge.

Individually 4 -1 to Dinobots.

Dinos vs Predaking:

Predaking is big and hes strong , but an combined attack from all 5 dinos , event he can avoid all. Predaking has a deadly shoulder cannons , and 1 arm cannon, he is equieped with sword aswell. Slag and Sludge and Snarl attack his lower parts and get him on the ground were then Grimlock goes in first stright for his upperbody/head. and Swoop bomb him from the sky and the other dinos just attack him with everything they got. Sure the dinos would probably get a beating aswell but not so that they would loose. 1 Dinobot is a enormous force but all 5 against a singel target. please , PRedaking is strong , but not THAT strong. besides Skylynx got him down and because of that they separated. ..

DINOS wins

15. autobotx25

autobotx25 Well-Known Member

The Dinobots took on trypticon in the comic and won, so yeah i think they would win that fight any day.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Straight team vs team battle the Dinos would easily win.

Even though I think predaking is one of the top 5 most overrated TFs ever, if the Preds formed Predaking it would be another story though....the Dinobots never could tackle Devesator.

17. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Dinobots. Though Predaking would not be an easy win…

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Divebomb took down Swoop, but I'd love to see a grudge match.

Overall, sticking with the comic Dinobots (I love the G1 cartoon, but I'll take the slightly more adult oriented material), I'd give it to them. Predaking might give them a run for their money if he had time to combine--and I think stopping that would be Grimlock's first strategic priority--but the Dinobots function as a team very well. Even without combining literally, I feel like they could augment each other as much as the gestalts did.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah but your bias :p 

20. DinobotsRCool

DinobotsRCool Banned

The Dinobots took a pounding from Devastator in the movie like it was nothing. In the comics they are even stronger. Predaking, while very cool and very tough is no match for the Dinobots. Besides, in Season 3 of G1, the Dinobots did kick the crap out of the Predacons in that episode where they were all inside Trypticon. Wish I could remember the name of it, but it was the episode where they found out Unicron was built by Primacron.