who was responsible for armada and energon box art, and is there a collection of it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I was getting ready to get rid of a lot of my boxes, and realized how much I liked the box art from those two series, and that it also seems to be quite different than the artwork on the cybertron figures. I would assume it was one of the bigger named artists, but I'm not sure. I'd really be happy if it was all collected in one place, either in a sourcebook or on a website. any ideas?

2. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I know that quite a few of the DW and IDW guys worked on those.

Don Fig/Pat Lee/Alex Milne/James Raiz are a few.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Pretty much. Cybertron was almost entirely Marcelo Matere. Same with Universe, Star Wars/Marvel Transformers, and even Animated. He's like their main TF package art guy, now.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Cybertron we have a more or less complete set of box art in our Resources section. We don't have Armada or Energon yet - although Armada's box art was also put out on those little stickers and I've got a folder full of them somewhere.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, I could tell that the cyb art was done by someone different. not that impressed by it, it looked a bit too "kiddie" for me.