Who was more powerful? Shockwave or Sentinel Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by urrutiap, Oct 23, 2011.

1. urrutiap

urrutiap Well-Known Member

I think in Dark of the Moon, Shockwave seemed to be more powerful. His weird tentacle thing that dug underground, then his cannon arm. beats Sentinel's "rust" weapon any time

2. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Sentinel, because he lasted longer than thirty seconds against Optimus.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You kidding, OP? Sentinel takes the cake.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime. He dominated Optimus twice in the movie and could have killed him both times.

Maybe three times if you count when he first gets revived, but Optimus seemed mostly passive.

5. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Sentinel was basically the strongest Transformer that was shown in the whole trilogy. He basically defeated Optimus and made Megatron his bitch. Shockwave had the driller, but that's kind of an accessory. Without it he's extremely powerful, but Sentinel could probably fuck him up.

6. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I agree with World Prime. Sentinel was a Prime just like Optimus so that would've made a him stronger than the Fallen. What makes him so scary is that Sentinel Prime knows all of Optimus' moves which allowed him to win both fights. However, if Optimus used his jetpack armor against Sentinel, I think that would've given him the edge.

7. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Sentinel was way stronger. I say again, as much as I love Shockwave, they should have left him out of the movie, then he could be the main villian in TF4.

8. SideSwipe154

SideSwipe154 Not a Decepticon

the events that happened in the movie was an unfair advantage of wat shockwave could do or how strong he was against optimus. when shockwave died, he was already damaged to the fact when his eye popped out. sentinal, however, was chilled during half the chicago battle,while optimus and the autobots were fighting their way in "the fortress" as it was said in the movie. this might be that he lost most of his energy IF he actually fought some drones. this caused for him being weaker for his fight with sentinal.
    though in my eyes, if shockwave and sentinal were fully energized, shockwave would win. he has the intelligence to think of things fast and has a BAZOOKA AS AN ARM, while sentinal has a double sided sword and a shield that turns into a rust gun(i think)

all things aside, Shockwave would win

9. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

yeah, sentinel wins, it took a megatron AND an optimus to take him down. it took shockwave some marines and other autobots to take him down

10. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i think sentinel's shield could take a shot from shockwave and then he would lop off his arm cannon. also sentinel's sword makes that awesome veen veen sound as he swings it. i love shockwave, but sentinel also has years of battle experience too. assuming he was cooked up by primus before shockwave.

11. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    Shocky got distracted by them long enough for optimus to fly in and punch out two thirds of his gut, smash his head,'and then rip out his eye by the neck.

12. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Different fighting styles. Seems to me that Shockwave is slower and relies on sheer firepower rather than Optimus/Sentinel who are quite agile while maintaining a lot of strength.

And, it is hard to compare them as although Sentinel got plenty of action towards the end of the film, you didn't really see any Autobot vs Shockwave fighting. Shockwave was beaten up by NEST and the Wreckers before Optimus put him out of his misery whereas Sentinel pretty much stood up on that building trash talking the Autobots the entire time.
    But I have to admit, Sentinel did extremely well against Optimus and the other Autbots, as well as the humans considering he managed to avoid being beaten the crap out of, unlike Shockwave, until that bald guy managed to hit him in the chest with that rocket launcher.

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

If we got Shockwaves Fight scenes it would be easier for some to say him.

In the film it took the Wreckers, human soldiers in all directions, a parachute in his eye and Optimus Prime to take him down.
    In the novel, apparently it took all that and a battle with Optimus (which he did blind) to take him down. I don't know what was meant to happen in Chernobyl.

If we had Shockwaves fight scenes then I would say Sentinel but only by a bit. Shockwave still has better armor and a giant cannon.

14. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Shockwave's arm cannon was never powerful DOTM it only powerful in the comic, In DOTM Sentinel is more powerful

15. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime is more skillful from the way he fought OP,Shockwave is more of a rugged warrior in DOTM

16. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

It showed what the decepticons could do in DOTM when they had a prime to help them, they should have won. But it is a tie in between TF1 megatron who was a monster in a one on one fight and that was megs at the peak of his powers, and DOTM sentinel who could outwit optimus, if we talk about who is stronger in the entire trilogy.

No question sentinel was stronger, shockwave seemed too cluttered and slow at times. I wish they did change some of shocks design, so he was more quicker when fighting the humans and optimus off course

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Shockwave

18. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

This man's argument wins. You simply can't beat Sentinel's VEEN VEEN.

19. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

when I watched the final fight between the 2 primes, the one strong point of sentinels fight was his counter attacking ability. Optimus would swing his 2 axe's at sentinel, and he would then come back at optimus with some deadly hits and knock optimus off his feet. It does help sentinel he has that powerful shield.

But on the sentinel vs optimus battle, is it me or was optimus very clumsy in the way he fought sentinel. He seemed to have no plan, just swoop in and hope to kill sentinel. And it was sentinels undoing for giving up a chink of the fractured relationship between megatron and sentinel, when he pinned megatrons face on the pillar

20. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I think Optimus is very much about swooping in and killing people, or using the element of surprise. He's always doing things that catch people off guard, like tackling the Fallen and firing on the harvester, using the jet engines to blast Megs off his feat, swooping in with his whole flight pack and just walking through and killing everybody. Sentinel is much more about the response to a movement, though he's not without his flashiness- he does a lot of spins and ducking and jumping. I like his fighting style very much.

Megatron just grabs on and rips stuff off.