Who was inspired by the MEGATHREAD?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm curious as to who bought Hercules because if the megathread and why? Was it because the thread acted like a review spot? Did u want to be part of the fun? Did you get caught up in all the excitement of the thread?

Myself, I was always in on Herc but bought earlier than intended due to all the fun of the thread. So I knew I was in from day one but was rushed along because of the thread.

How about you guys?

2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually it really turned me off from the set. I was really excited at first, but all the bickering and over exposure being bumped to the top of the news section (and having me click it for more news) really made me think about it, and in the end I really ended up not caring at all for them.

3. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Me. I knew it was definitely appealing and I was going to wait it out to see Maketoy's finished product but the pics of people completing Hercules last week made me do it. I hadn't picked up Backfiery yet so I used it as an excuse to add more to my RK cart. I ended up pulling the trigger on Mad Blender, Dr. Crank and Structor - they should be arriving on Monday. Bout $300 poorer. Since RK is currently out of stock on Heavy Labor, I may delay getting the other 3 depending on how the fixes go (I'm also considering that Newegg MP-10 deal if I go for both that's like another $500). Thankfully CNY refilled my pockets but I'm debating with myself whether or not the new Heavy Labors have fixed hips like the new Exgravers supposedly have fixed shovels as they do not ship shovel replacements with Heavy Labor anymore. Cause one thing that Megathread definitely made me aware of were all the QC issues but damn it looks way too good!

4. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The megathread didn't do it for me...... I first got excited about the project before the megathread, when Cheem The Rup first posted the very first teasers of the blacked out silhouette. When I first saw that a few years ago, I was hooked. As things started to get unveiled, I was REALLY hooked. The megathread has been a good source to follow up for info on this set. It's been fun sharing in the excitement.

- Gregg

5. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grease the internal hip gears in the replacement piece included with Neckbreaker and you'll be golden. My collection of figures is now perfect. =)

- Gregg

6. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The megathread just pissed me off. That thing seriously needed to be fragmented into a pics section, a news section, a general discussion/debate section and a repair/fixes section.

The pics & video reviews, however, convinced me that I do indeed want this set of figures. Possibly two.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing against those that enjoyed it but the megathread was an annoying waste of time that made it harder to find Herc news when it came out and clogged up the front newspage and probably caused the 3rd party forum split.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was excited about Hercules even without the Megathread, but it did help build up my excitement, especially in the beginning. However, as it went on, the actual news and useful discussion (fixes and such) quickly got buried under page after page after page of "TFC sucks and Hercules is ruined because [part] is/isn't [colour]". Honestly, I would have had a hell of a time keeping up with the actual Hercules news if it wasn't for Sonscreen's summary thread in the Lounge. The Megathread long ago needed to be split into separate threads, along the lines of "TFC Hercules News and Rumors", "Post Your TFC Hercules Pictures" and "TFC Hercules Discussion" just to keep everything from getting cluttered.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stalk the thread but it doesn't make me want the figures.

10. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

The megathread was like the highlight of my day for a few months. I loved seeing the new prototypes as they came out. I haven't been this excited for Transformers since the first Masterpiece Prime and the Alternators/ Binaltechs.

11. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Wasn't some cutting of those 2 brackets necessary too? I'll have to find the fixes thread and keep that bookmarked for when the first 3 get here. The Megathread certain kept me at bay for awhile with QC and reports of two left hands, missing screws etc. But had to bite ><

12. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I'd decided it was already bought, so I wasn't inspired by the Megathread.

13. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    Yea I was already going to buy it from the beginning. The megathread just got the excitement going with new pics and designs.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I suppose the Mega Thread (the excitement found there, anyway) pushed me off the fence I watched from. The pictures I saw there made me want him a lot, but then I saw the price and thought, “oh, hell no.” I’m not much of a collector, so $99 for a toy is a too much in my book.

It wasn’t until someone pointed out that Robotkingdom.com was selling the figures for $77.90 (now $79.90) and the yens continued strength did I decide to purchase Hercules.

I know the total for these figures is high for many here, but it wasn’t all that high for me, as I paid for the guy in yen. I essentially purchased each figure for 24% off the asking price, and shipping from Hong Kong to Japan for two by toys at a time by the cheapest service available was more than reasonable and timely, 4 days.

So, I guess the short answer is YES. Yes, it did. Thank you Mega Thread:thumb 

Now, I watch the mini-mega thread, I’m talking about the Maketoys one, with much anticipation. Now that I have Hercules, I really want a Devastator that features more points of articulation. Hercules, which is great, is pretty limited—the fact that my Heavy Labor was shipped without an abdomen ratcheting piece didn’t help much either.

Black blade aside, Hercules’ bulkiness is probably my biggest gripe, as it hinders his articulation. Crazy, right? I love it and hate it at the same time. The limitations with his hip rotation and arm pose-ability are a little disappointing. This is one of the reasons why I’m still keeping an eye on Maketoys’ Giant. I’m glad yellow is the first (if not only) set to come out. I’ll be able to see the finish product, read the reviews and see the videos before spending a cent…er, yen on this guy if I so choose:)  I like the yellow, but not enough to buy it. Green Giant or GTFO:p 

15. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I almost was.

The last official full colored pics we got really got me thinking about buying Herc once the last figure would have been released.

Fortunately, I waited a few more days and people's completed Herc not professionnal pics started to show and took away all of my want. :p 

Professionnal pictures made him look fantastic but amateur pics are more honest toward proportions and stuff like that.

Still waiting for you G1 Giant.

16. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel the same way as several the other posters. I was sold way before the MegaThread. The thread had a lot of off topic conversations, and as news staff, it was hard to back track to find all the latest info haha

17. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was exited about the toys without the thread, although I checked it fairly often to keep up to date on any issues that others may have found, fixes and the like.
    I'm trading my purple guns with Pun-3X as one of the earlier posts (the red guns with chaos black to make a 'lava' gun) REALLY caught my eye) So this way Pun gets two purple rifles, I get two red ones ^_^
    Some minor fixes and repaint ideas also caught my eye as I watched the thread.
    I did keep hoping someone would find a perfect match for the purple and green-if they did I missed that post ^_^

18. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    I was always getting Herc, ALWAYS!...but the megathread made getting there SO much more fun...

19. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    this

20. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

Just what i was going to say