Who Wants Ultra Instead of Leader for TFP?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Nov 15, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Who Wants Ultra class For the Transformers Prime toy line? Not as well as Leader class but instead. For scale, I think three characters would be in scale as Ultras but only two would be in scale as Leaders. Also, Ultra toys, being smaller than Leaders, are cheaper. This would mean they would sell better.

Here is what I believe the scale is. This is just my opinion and I have no problem with anyone arguing with this. Also, in this I talk about a Voyager Ratchet. While I don't think they are going to make one, I am saying what size class I think he needs to be in to be in scale.

Bulkhead is about the same height as Ratchet but a lot wider and Ratchet is taller than Bee. Bee would have deluxe and Ratchet would have Voyager. Bulkhead, being a wide character, would be shorter than most toys in his size class so as an Ultra he would be wider than Voyager ratchet but about the same height. If Bulkhead has a voyager he would be shorter than Ratchet, If he got a Leader he would be too big and if Ratchet got a deluxe, he would be too short. Breakdown is the same size as Bulkhead so the Ultra would do for him as well.

Optimus prime is taller than Bulk but maybe not quite as wide so if he got an Ultra, he wouldn't need to be as wide as Bulkhead so would be taller. Throwing in Starscream(because he complete the sizes but has nothing to do with Ultras), he is taller than Bee but thinner. As he is quite thin, whatever size class he's in, he'll probably be taller than most in that size class. As a Deluxe he should be about the right size. As a Voyager, He would be taller than Ratchet and Maybe even Bulkhead.

As I believe Optimus needs an Ultra and Megatron is a bit bigger than him, Megatron would need a leader and maybe Skyquake as well. But the size difference would be minor enough that most people would probably accept them as Ultra.

As I believe that Optimus Prime, Bulkhead and Breakdown need Ultras while only Megatron and Skyquake need Leaders, I think HASBRO should replace Leader class with Ultra Class. At least, for the TFP toy line. What do you think?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultra would work better. But I have a feeling that it won't happen and if they do any higher price point it'll be leader.

3. Underhead

Underhead Zamboni-bot

Personally, I don't want either. I dislike electronics in my action figures. Only if figures of such size would not be designed with a soundbox inside, MP level.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I have to agree the lights and sound does take away from the figures quite a bit.

5. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Aside from a more "accurate scale " (for whatever that shit means as far as Transformers is concerned), is there ANY pressing reason to bring back ultras?

I say this as someone observing the brand for over a damn decade, and I don't see a compelling argument for the Ultra class. The Ultra class was always the "in between" of Voyagers and leaders, and suffered because of it. Aside from the Energon Autobots and Armada Tidal Wave, I've NEVER seen an Ultra figure in recent years that couldn't have been executed just as well as either a Voyager or a full blown leader.
    And the sales of the last couple outings (late Cybertron, movie 1, and Universe 2) really didn't show any real benefit to the class.

And with recent price increases, the average ultra would STILL cost anywhere from $30-40, and for a relatively small increase in design and retail costs, you could get the $45 Leader class, which offered a lot more bang for the buck than most Ultras.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can't see them bringing back the Ultra class. Would be interesting, but production wise it's not really worth it. At the same time I doubt I would be interested enough to get any potential Leaders they make for the line. Maybe Unicron, or any other massively large bots/cons that show-up, but if I can get them at a smaller scale, and not have them look obscenely out of scale, I will.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Me.

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Me!

9. Ironhidebot

Ironhidebot Wrecker

I think that would pretty cool

10. theestampede