Who wants toys from the new IDW Ongoing comic?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ronin0510, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I know most folks around here aren't down with the series are but I would have to say I'm loving it. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a toyline for the series being made. I was just wondering if anyone thought that it might happen. I know a lot of you have been through almost all of tfs history so your insight would be waaay more than mine. Anyhow just wanted to know the likelihood of a toy series and your thoughts.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I wouldnt touch such a line.

3. ronin0510

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol well I figured most ppl wouldn't think too highly of the idea but I had to throw it out there. I was just thinking the series grabbed a lot attention(good and bad) maybe enough enough to warrant at least a few figs. Oh well to each his own but I am curious what you dislike the most about it? I mean I think the figs would come out pretty amazing.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I just hate the way the characters look, and I would never want them in my home.

I have no problem with the classic characters being put in the movie line by hasbro. they look great. but the way don designed the G1 characters to be in the movie style just turns me off. of course, I've never liked the way don drew any of the movie bots anyways.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Nor would I

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd rather see more Classics figures first before a new line based on the Ongoing comic book.

7. ronin0510

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well to be honest when I was younger and dreamed about tf movies, I envisioned to be like this lol. So iwhen this comic series was debuted I was excited(save for the teeth, they look bad) but I do love the art style and would love to have a few of them on my shelf lol

8. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    I think it would rock if there was a toyline based off of it!

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

I HATE IDW AND EVERTHING THEY STAND FOR. THEY'RE NOT TRUE-FANS AND THEY HAVE RUINED TRANSFORMERS FOREVER.

Not really, but between the movie line and universe 3.0 i don't think there is room for a semi-realistic line referencing the old g1 designs with a modern twist. i'm hoping they do something completely different like they did with animated or beastwars but i honestly can't see them running three concurrent lines whilst the next movie is on the horizon.

10. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

Ok, I know ongoing looks different, but it's really not THAT much different from classics is it (other than the faces)? In the preview, take prowl. Change the face and make it where the chest doesn't split up and you have his classics model. Breakdown is obviously a modified classics lambo model. Yeah, the faces are freaky, but other than that, I don't see why everyone is freaking out about a little space between body panels.

11. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

it's different. change is scary.

also, having not read the issue i can say with all certainty that IDW have defiantely ruined comics forever.

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    In toy form, they would differ so little from Classics that I'm sure everyone here would buy them. Those who say they wouldn't are lying. They'd fit right in.

A lot more than ROTF Bludgeon does, and people are getting that to go with classics.

Having said that, I'd prefer Hasbro stick with the approach they took for Universe.

13. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I've never been into comic books at all, but I'd love to get my hands on an issue #1 of a Transformers series. So as soon as I get a copy, I'll post how I'd feel about a toy line, but I'm always open to new stuff. I don't care what the line is, if it looks cool I'll buy it.

14. ronin0510

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So anyone have a change of heart in light of issuse 2 preview and all the new designs? I'm still loving it and wishing a toyline would surface.

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Not a chance. A lot more than the faces have been changed.

16. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It will never happen. The target consumer is even smaller than collectors. Kids will not buy it.

17. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The overall redesigns are cool. I wouldn't mind a new classics Hot Rod or Prime with those Transformations. But the faces man, they're hard to get past. Not impossible, especially for a comic. But if they were implicated into a toy? I think that would kill me for collecting.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm inclined to agree. Personally, I think even the Terminator skull faces would come off looking better on toys than in a comic book, and imagine they would look quite decent next to Classics/Universe toys. I'm not saying I really want I-DON-W-formers toys, but I doubt it'll be anywhere near as terrible as the naysayers nay - er - say.

19. ronin0510

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I could see it hard to market kind of. But I think we need to see at least a couple of these designs in toy form.

20. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    I'd like to see those designs as toys. I might be old, but I don't have that tedious Geewunner hate for any new styles (or the bizarre specific dislike for the face designs. They've got robotic versions of faces. About time). Classics/Universe is very slowly heading in that design direction anyway, but it needs a bit more bite to be truly "updated" versions of the old toys - many of these designs do that.

Doubt it'll happen tho.