Who wants to see Duocons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Apr 30, 2010.

1. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see them working, but there would be a huge crowd of fans who didn't want them in there because they came from Armada.

Then, after they were in the film, those fans would be complaining due to a lack of "proper" characterization for each and every one of them.

2. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

Devastator was a nonacon, one robot made from 9 vehicles. I would love to see duocons in the movies. With the complex designs they could be really cool.

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    - see my Movieverse Headmaster thread.

To be perfectly honest, I never cared for the G1 headmaster concept with the Nebulons. But I loved the toys (until the head would inevitably go missing).

I agree that fan nods aren't always the best ideas, but if there's a fun way they can be integrated with the storyline, I think they should be considered. But check out the thread and see what you think.

4. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now, that is a good idea that I could get behind. Sort of a combination of Scorponok (for the symbiotic relationship with a bigger 'Con) and Alice (for the disguise factor). I could definitely see that working.

My initial dismissal towards the idea was mainly towards how some people just want the human characters to pair up with the main Autobots, so as to make them less "useless" and be fanwanky in the process.

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    There was a funny idea someone suggested in that thread about a head running away and dodging Optimus (with his infamous face-slashing tendencies). Headmasters seem to have an inherent potential for goofy scenarios.

As you point out things like Alice and Scorponok+Blackout put it in a wider context, and I like it as a variation on those existing themes.

I agree. I never liked the Bumblebee/Sam headmaster idea that does the rounds from time to time.

I try to envision how it would work but it just seems awkward to me. If Bumblebee were to lose his head, is he still really Bumblebee? And then if Sam becomes his head, it's a bit like he's commandeering a corpse. Maybe their consciousness becomes fused somehow, but I think that'd be difficult to pull off on screen.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I wouldn't mind seeing Duocons in TF3, especially Flywheels. It be nice to use some of the more lesser-known characters, especially the Duocons.