Who wants to see Duocons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I was thinking about the two Bayformers movies and what we've seen so far.
    We've parasite bot (for lack of a better term) such as Ravage ejecting from Soundwave, and Frenzy ejecting from Barricade.
    A Micromaster (Wheelie)
    Combiners (Constructicons)
    A Pretender (Alice)
    An Insecticon

How about a Duocon?

For those of you who do not know what a Duocon is Duocon - Teletraan I: the Transformers Wiki - Transformers 2, Revenge of The Fallen, Animated, Toys

I always liked my Flywheels figure, and I thought that might make an interesting bot in the movie-verse.

What do you think?

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The writers seem to be having a lot of fun picking and choosing different gimmicks from over the years, so a duocon popping up is totally possible. Hell, we even saw a variation of the used-in-every-series Optimus Prime super mode!

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

It would be interesting, certainly would go along with the "multi-vehicle-formed -robot" idea that they did with Devestator. Also, I always was interested in how Movie Incinerator's head flipped out almost exactly like Battletrap's head, right down to the head being the one thing connecting the cockpit part to the rest of the body. The only noticeable difference is that Incinerator's cockpit splits in half and his head is balljointed.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd be game for some Duocons. Even if it were stuff like tanks forming the whole bodies and sports cars forming the heads rather than the 50 / 50 of the originals, the transformation would be a great visual.

It could be written as a parasitic transformation - one half of the Duocon is a form of Transformer, that can assimilate other machinery into its design. The other half is the vehicle it takes over. Given the film's running trend of Allspark induced transformation in appliances and other machinery, this could work as an explanation for what Duocons are.

Alternatively you could just have them show up and that would be that. Really it doesn't matter about the story - they're a cool concept that would work well with the Movie series and deserves to be brought back.

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i think itd be sweet! who cares about explanations

id just love to see a helicopter half transform and a tank half transform then like land on eachother and make a twisted sick robot

or whatever :p 

it would look dang cool

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    double post yay!

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I wants em. think it will be cool

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    constructicons did not combine...

9. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Well, since Skids and Mudflap started out as a reverse-duocon (so to speak..), I can't see why they wouldn't be able to fit it the other way around. It could be interesting if they tried it.

10. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Hell yea!

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

True, you've got a point there. I forgot about the icecream tuck.
    I forgot about the Super Optimus mode too.

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

decepitcons got duocons and autobots get hands on duocons blue prints - they builit doubots and duobots vs duocons in tf3 movie

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    They could do Overlord. He has a duocon-style transformation. Well not exactly, but he does form two separate alt modes.

It's one of those ideas I was never really into. It would be one way of creating a unique bot, but to be honest, there's other characters and gimmicks I'd give priority to before even considering Duocons.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'd love to see the Duocons... they've always been some of my favorites... so to see more of that style i'd be way excited... a voyager two pack is how they should be sold... Flywheels as a tank and jet, both about deluxe sized, that would combine to be voyager/ultra sized... and the same for Battletrap... now i gotta go get my g1 duocons to play with for awhile...

15. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

they could be no worse than the twins...i think duocons would be cool...plus Bay could use two seperate vehicle to make more :bay 

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Are you sure you were watching ROTF?

17. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Maybe he was being pedantic because the Constructicons that were shown merging into Devastator weren't also shown having robot modes.

Anyway, yeah, Duocons would be awesome. Particularly if they're all asymmetrical and multi-limbed, I love all that shit.

18. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    No. So many more gimmicks to cover. Headmasters, for one...

19. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What plot-related purpose would Headmasters serve, other than blatant fan-service? Also, I may just be reading too much into this, but does your desire for Headmasters have anything to do with "I hate the human characters, so they must either be integrated in with the robots or killed off".

I've never cared for the concept of Headmasters. It was as if someone at Hasbro said "Hey, let's make robots with transforming heads!" and another guy said "That sounds cool! Why do their heads transform, though?" and the first guy said "Screw you! We'll figure it out later!" and they never really came up with a half-decent reason for it (IDW gets a pass for at least being somewhat original with the idea).

So yeah, Duocons all the way. Especially if they were to work IDW Overlord in there somehow.

20. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

What about Mini-Cons?

...I'm probably the only one that really wants those.