who wants to go to the movies with me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MTME, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I'd love to.

But I'm up north. Nobody wants to go up north.

2. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    There better be intermission between movies.

Even then I can't make it.

3. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might go with my husband's boss because she is really into comics and cartoons just like my hubby and I are. I've never met her but I hear a lot about her. My husband's going to ask for me.
    Yup I don't have any friends. I move around a lot because I lose my teaching job a lot because of the budget (music is always the first thing to go) so when I moved down here I have two friends. One works crazy hours and her daughter just had a baby so she said she is too busy with that and the other one also has a daughter that she NEVER leaves her side and she told me that she can't help me or be there for me for my problems because she is going through too much in her life right now (which I in turn am being there for her though...nice huh), she is also my neighbor and her daughter is my son's GF.

4. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

People like that are the worse. Hey, my real life is too trying right now, I'm so terribly upset for you, but I can't be your Rock of Gibralter at the moment. UGH, sounds like you could seriously use some True Friends, not just people who claim to be and then when the chips are down turn out to be total DHs.

Friendship is one of the most important things about we social creatures. Just watch any old time film, people who were neighbors used to be the best of friends, the worst of gossips, but still the best of friends. Nowadays we've just gotten too wrapped up in our own little lives to give a damn.

It's cool to hear you teach music though (when it's not being cut) music is one of the best things of all time. It hath charms to soothe the savage breast, and can really make you think.

Hope this boss of your husbands is a better person than that neighbor of yours.

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What hurts me more about "Gigi" (yes that's my neighbors name) is that I've been there for her throughout her problems. An ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, watch her kid for a few so she can breath a bit on her own. Yet, she can't be there for me. She then lsited my problems (as if I needed to be reminded):
    Dealing with cancer and health problems
    Infertility
    Marraige problems as a results of the first two
    Son with autism
    edaling with death of my mother (who was abusive)
    fractured relationship with my father
    no job
    fighting with disability
    concerned over finances

Gigi said just any one of those things could bring a person to their knees and I'm dealing with all of them, all the time. AND being there for Gigi through her problems....because that's what a friend does.
    As for my other friend with the crazy work hours and new grandchild, we don't speak anymore as the result of...well....I started a thread about it
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/general-discussion/614881-what-freak-my-now-ex-friend-smoking.html

I guess the only thing I can really say about all of this is....I'm lonely.

6. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

I would but I'm in the DCish area... but if I were close I would go out with ya.