Who wants alternator/binaltech scale/size 3rd party toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by seali_me, Jan 28, 2012.

1. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I promised myself never to buy another 3rd party product ever again but I want tons of these!

- Soundwave
    - Megatron
    - BB and Cliffy
    - Seekers
    - Jazz as a porsche retro and new would be awesome!
    etc.

What about you? Any wishes?

I'll cave if any of these come out. I want full Alt/BT treatment when it comes to car details.

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I might buy one or two. A retro porche Jazz would be awesome. Maybe the Lambo brothers too. Retro Wheeljack would be the greatest also.

3. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Me me me!! I think I'd probably buy more or less anything that was 1/24th scale. I have at least one of every BT/Alternator mould except Skids and love them all. Except Wheeljack.

4. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I wouldn't buy them personally, I'm liking the classic scale 3rd party stuff a lot more but I think they would be room in the market for both but I do think a 3rd party alt type tf would be very costly.

5. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Not at the price they'd sell them at.

6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    If they were G1 show accurate but with real world car details in both robot and vehicle then hell yeah.

7. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Most certainly! Love BT/Alts, but love the '84/'85 Autobot altmodes even more. I'm sure lots of folks would love to see, for example, a third party mass release of Jarrod's MP Prowl

My own 1/24 Sideswipe is a little simpler (well ok, a lot simpler!) but same basic idea:

[​IMG]

For stuff like the Lamborghini Countach and Jazz's Porche, third party is the only way we'll ever see Masterpiece/Alternator versions of the G1 characters.

8. seali_me

Even if they were 1/32 scale with Alt/BT details and they went all out with every single character. I'd be all over them, unfortunately.

9. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

That Sideswipe almost makes me want to cry! Can't wait until I'm an adult.

10. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is a thing of beauty man. I thought classics sideswipe was a great updated version of the G1 toy/character, but yours blows it out of the water :D 
    If we got autobot cars in THAT quality, I would buy them all.

11. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Stunticons come to mind.

12. seali_me

Then Menasor. Sigh. A dream for now.

13. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Thanks bud! :thumbs2:  It's really just cobbled together from a kit Countach, oversize Classics Sideswipe and MP seeker legs... If I can do that, with basic kitbashing abilities, it ought to be fairly easy for a third party to produce an even better retail equivalent...

14. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather see smaller 3rd party toys. I'd be perfectly happy with Smallest to Legends size toys.

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Watch us get Alternator 3rd party figures made by a shitty company :( 

16. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Hey, they tweaked the Hound mold to give us the KO Hummers and those are pretty good quality. Why not tweak some of the other molds such as Prowl or Jazz. What I'd really like to see is a 1/24 G1 accurate Mirage like the one Jaf did a few years back.

Anyways, to answer the original question...I'd probably buy at least one of each provided they weren't $100 a pop.

17. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'd be down for a repro of the unreleased Alt Bumblebee.

18. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd go for the Seekers (granted I already do) as I'd love to have a huge fleet of fliers filling the sky, and I like the seekers at the size they are in the MP line ^_^ Seekers, Seekers, Seekers by the ton ^_=

I'd go for Megatron if he was a tank/artillery and the height of MP10 (or 09 in 'Hot Rod' configuration). I don't mind Megatron being a bit taller than Optimus (who I'd want at Ultra silverbolt height). I'd also really like to see a 'flat chested' tank megatron, as I LIKE the old g1 comic/cartoon model for robot mode ^_^
    Shockwave has the same rules-I don't really like gunformers unless their targetmasters for TFs. He'd be easy to change into a stationary 'Cybertronian' artillery piece, akin to the artillery guns of WWI and WWII. (Although I admit I keep looking at the oncoming Cyclops-I love the old Ironsides!!)

Jazz, Bee/Cliff and the others I wouldn't get-I like to display all my toys together and a MP would just be too big, wouldn't fit with the others like the Seekers currently do. However I know that there are a lot of fans of the MP line who would like to see more toys like this. So while I wouldn't collect them I understand those who WOULD want to ^_^ For them I'd guess that Jazz, the Stunticons and some of the other MP cars that weren't made would be high on the list

MP sized CYCLONUS! ^_^ To me he should be big, shoulder to shoulder with the seekers so I'd get him in the MP scale.