Who wants a third party Seeker add-on/exo-suit?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Edgewise, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Due to the number of repaints possible, I think it might be a wise investment for some third party company to make a seeker add-on armor/exo-suit set loosely based on the design for Actionmaster Thundercracker's exo-suit/plane thingie

The timing's certainly right given the release of Botcon Shattered Glass Thundercracker, though the initial 'main' release of such an add-on should probably be in Starscream colors.

In robot mode I'd imagine the armor/exo-suit as a similar too Protector or the prototype for the Laser-Prime add-on:
    1.) black 'boots' that add height to the lower legs and still allow hip/knee movement, not huge black blocks that go up the whole leg however.
    2.) chest plate with or without a crotch plate too
    3.) Wing pack/back add-on, also giving additional storage points for the null-rays/arm guns so that there's some place to put them and not restrict arm movement
    4.) New main gun/hand weapon, similar to the picture
    5.) Maybe 2 new additional guns, similar to the top mounted ones in the picture.

The alternate mode wouldn't be a 'ride-on' plane for the figure, but instead add-on armor for the plane mode. The parts would double in this way:
    1.) black boots become attach underneath(or possibly form the 'structure' of the new plane mode) as larger intakes/engines
    2.) Chest plate attaches over the cockpit/nose cone for a new look
    3.) New larger wings attach over the back covering up the originaly wings... perhaps connected around the seeker jet and to the black boots/new engines underneath
    4.) New main gun could either attach on top as a weapon and additional tail fins or store underneath between the black boots/engines
    5.) Null rays still stored under original wings so the 2 new guns might be optional but stored under new wings that extend further.

2. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

I would dig that so hard, and i'm not ususally a fan of 3rd Party products... But anything to make the Seekers better. (as much as I love them, I don't think they are that great anymore)

3. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would personally rather see something like this for Thunderwing. Make some armor like the Stormbringer upgrade. That might have wider appeal than an Action Master upgrade. Just my gut feeling; YMMV.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I would like it but depending on the cost, it may kill me. If I have say, 12 seekers, that's 12x the cost.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Making a third party set for a BotCon toy would be aiming at a much smaller market than usual. Plus it would raise the cost of that Thundercracker three-fold. It would also raise the cost of the Classics Skywarp EVEN HIGHER. Plus, it seems like a very silly, niche sorta thing.

6. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    I would be on-board for an exo-suit & get it for all 11 seekers I own (3 OG, 3 coneheads, 3 rainmakers, Sunstorm, Ghostscream). I like the idea of the add-on parts forming some kind of jump-pack in jet mode (a la Robotech/Skyfire). :rock 

^ This too!

7. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    That's certainly a downside to it... but a downside to customer's wallets, not to the 3rd party company's bank account :lol 

It's not aimed at the Botcon toy. It's inspired by the Botcon toy but would have many uses with mainline, wide-release toys in different colors. As far as Classics Skywarp's price going higher... um... probably... so? Any third party release for any figure is probably going to make that figure's price go higher.

The argument against this that I see is there is not fiction support for "armored" seekers like there is for Hot Rod into Rodimus and Cab Magnus into Ultra Magnus. However that might be offset by the utility of numerous repaints.

8. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Nope, my seekers are great the way the are.

9. MasterpieceMP33

MasterpieceMP33 Well-Known Member

Yeeeessssss

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Upgrading the seekers would be like upgrading Bumblebee. There is no need.

So far all the upgrades we have seen are for figures that needed upgrading. White Prime to Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod into Rodimus.

G2 Prime will be the first time we will be getting an upgrade of something that has no need for one. Sales on that will tell us how well that concepts flies.

Personally Seekers don't need any help to be cooler than they already are.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Do not want.

12. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I'd go for it, thought it would behoove them to work the tooling so they could swap a few parts and give us Slicer's rig too.

D/L

13. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... that maybe solves the lack of fiction support for "armored" seekers... well not directly but... if it was changed around a bit and the boots became engines mounted on top and looked a bit like Valkyrie "fastpacks"... then maybe a Starscream with jet armor like Jetfire/Skyfire would be more attractive. And then when Starscream's got it, TC & SW need it and on and on :lol 

14. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    ^THIS^ At last count I had 47 versions of the Classics Seeker mold, I'd be happy with just the one for SG TC

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no thank you the seekers look great as is

the only thing they need is painted and color matched weapons to replace the missle launchers

16. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    DUDE! If someone KO'd the Null Rays from the coronation set in colors to match the rest of the Seekers, that would be epic.

17. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I'd probably be happy with that too.

Though I think what I'm imagining would be a lot less bulk/mass than Protector/City Commander (no BFG or base), so more like $40-$50 for a set, not $80-$100.

18. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd prefer Starscream's Pretender shell.