Who wants a TF:TM 2 ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by entITy, Mar 4, 2012.

?

Who wants a TF:TM 2 ?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

75 vote(s)
    56.8%
  1. entITy

entITy G 1

Using same sort of style animation as TFTM (but better) and characters from g1 USA season 3, HM, MF and Victory so now everyone would now know these characters are now instead of mainly just Japan fans ? Like Trainbots guys for instance or Seacons or Metrotitan.

Get great voice actors again.

Where Unicron comes back and attacks Cybertron which I explain in "group vs Unicron thread", so Omega Supreme, Fort Max, other giants try stopping him but fail, the Matrix has no effect, so Primus/cybertron fights Unicron all out in a fight at end of movie ?

Maybe Jazz finally gives the Dinobots, Wheeljack's last invention before he was found dead in autobot city in a sort of emotional kind of scene, a combiner cog to form them as gesalt to fight Dinoking or Predaking (who were written in tftm as autobots btw) ?

Prime, Springer or even own dececpticons kill Galvatron so Sixshot or someone sane becomes leader ?

They show Cyclonus and Sweeps draw and quarter Ultra Magnus left out of tftm, but have new background.

Wheelie, Blurr and other annoying characters die in first 10 minutes of movie, maybe Trypticon steps on them.

Hot Rod thinks he destroys Cyclonus as he becomes new leader of decepticons for a while, but it was just Cyclonus clone/model, which will explain that.

A story that brings all continuity together like The One created Unicron, but Primus was split from Unicron, Primus computer vector sigma/Primus essence then made Quintessons who made tf and now millions of years later Quintessons and Primacron rebuilt Unicron to destroy all tfs as payback for tf driving them off Cybertron, Unicron is essentially Quintessons slave, they feed Primacron to sharkticons.

It'll be a way better story, many characters that people who previously have limited info on get more familiar with, explain if Fort Max has own personality without Cerebros or spike, Scorponok gets beat by Fort Max then gets rebuilt as Black Zarak but they see Unicron and must attend to him.

Have Omnibots and Wreckers introduced.

Have the movie a Hub Channel air movie (what is the harm in watching it ?) or DVD exclusive with deleted TFTM scenes such as Devastator killing Red Alert and others in autobot city, commercials of Japan series figures, narration to explain different things in g1 and the TFTM2 on a separate audio track and stuff.

What would you guys like to see in it?

2. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

G1 is over man. It lives on through all newer shows though, from Beast Wars to Prime. There is no way G1 is ever going to pick up where it left off in the 80's (except in comic form).

You want an animated movie, tough luck for a good many years. CGI movie perhaps in the near future. But, most likely the only movies we will see are of the Bay kind.

3. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    No, the only way to do it would be by making in the old 80's style, and that wouldn't work nowadays.

If they brought back G1 it would be a disaster.

4. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

No, the first one was terrible enough.

5. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Maybe in a comic format (like a 6 or 12 part series set in the G1 cartoon continuity) as one big storyline, but not an actual movie, no

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

No. As Backpack said, G1 is over with. There's no way they're going to revisit the G1 series ever again, except in comic form.

7. entITy

entITy G 1

Well it's a different universe now a days with rid, energon, armada and stuff right ? But the guys are all the same anyway as g1 right, Prime, Megatron, Unicron, Starscream, Dinobots, Omega Supreme those shows are essentially g1 but in another universe/continuity ?

What is the harm in watching a new original universe movie that helps explain question fans might have on g1 ?

I don't see the harm in watching a sequel to TFTM on Hub network or something with great Japan animation, good voice actors and stuff like original.

I think a lot of old fans would enjoy it.

It would be a colt following cartoon movie, it's not for mega profits just like a bonus to older fans. Maybe a Hub exclusive or just DVD release.

There are 59,936 members here and I'm sure a lot of members are old people (or not) like me who enjoy g1.

8. Hellbat

Hellbat ヘルバット

Yes, this.

Although I have to add I wouldn't mind a LSoTW-comic-to-movie-adaption,
    when they keep the original art-style and mood, it's animated by Studio Gainax and they add a little more to the story to fill out at least 120 minutes of screen-time.

9. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

G1 is over with ?!? Nobody tells me anything....
    But on a serious note: 1986 TF:TM jumped the shark and nuked the fridge right after Prime died so I think its better to leave things the way they are. IMHO, I think the movie was too campy and didn't do the series any justice.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Oh god, no. Some of the names are the same, but all of these later shows are markedly different from G1 in multiple ways. Even the characters change noticeably from one incarnation to the next. In one show Arcee is a pink babysitter, in another she's a badass fighter or a teacher drafted into the war or a dead unicycle. The new shows use G1 for inspiration, but they are pretty much completely divorced from it aside from that.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I dunno. Stranger things have happened.
    Apparently Christmas is coming too. I just can't keep up with all these shocking TFW revelations.

12. Tuxedo Mark

Tuxedo Mark Well-Known Member

No way! Arcee lives! My fanfic says so!

13. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It's been 25 years, and a good portion of the cast is either retired, semi-retired, or sadly, passed away. Just let it be.

15. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    You best leave well enough alone!

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    We already got one. Five Faces of Darkness, anyone?

17. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The only thing I would want relating to G1 is some way to show off the gap between G1 and BW. Show the fates of Prime, Galvatron, ect, the rise of the Maximals and Predacons, and the ending of the war.

18. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I thought the FFOD 5 parter was pretty much TDTM2 imo. As much as I love that old movie I think I would much rather see fresh stories from that universe.

19. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

No!! PLEASE...no more Unicron!

20. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

I would like to see something like this. But only if there are capable writers out there who can make it happen. I'm not impressed with the recent spate of writers for the Transformers shows