Who thought optimus was going to die at the end of DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Meggamus, Dec 13, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

He didn't have much of anything anymore. As far as we know, that was the last of his troops. Also, his entire body was rusting and
    falling apart.

I don't know what you mean about Bay killing Optimus.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you on that matter. Obviously he gained the upperhand by the element of surprise. But I mean, he fired off several rounds into Sentinel's back and threw him around like a rag doll, ripping him apart. You only have the element of surprise on your side for so long before, well, it's lost. This may not make him an unstoppable beast, but it hardly makes him a weakened and defeated not-threat. :) 

3. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I meant having something stupid killing him.

jD001

4. Dark Autobot

Dark Autobot Child of G1

I knew he wasn't gonna die......being ROTF....and knowing it was at the time the last movie for awhile....but I do like the Novel's ending w Megatron really wanting peace w his long time enemy and former friend Orion Pax/Optimus Prime...Megatronus who named himself after the Falllen (Megatronus Prime) he finally realized his lust for power was for nothing....he caused the destruction of his home planet and the split between transformers and the Autobots becoming a movement and fighting for peace and autonomy and the Decepticons who were about control....the novel ending was awesome w Megatron saying he was tired of fighting....and that was cool....and telling Prime....etc....Prime telling him to make sure he basically keeps his Cons in line....and Megatron saying he will call for Optimus and his crew to become one race again a race of peace...on Cybertron.....maybe that will be in the ULTIMATE EDITION as a deleted scene.
    Now w the Trilogy box set out now.....I like the box set....but....I know this is just a Hasbro and Paramount way to keep the movie still in people's minds like Parents....to buy it for X-Mas....Damn....As a TF Geek....I am thinking of buying it and just having so many extra copies of TFormers and I already got 2 ROTF's w the IMAX version and the and the regular 2 disc versions for both movies....I may just get it....for some more Best Buy Points....my friend confirmed it was coming out but we didn't see any promo's for it...which was the red light saying it wasn't the Ultimate Edition for reg b- Ray and 3D, etc....but I got TF Prime: Darkness Rising being I got a feeling Hasbro isn't gonna put out all 26 eps of Season 1 on one set....so I got it out the way....know....If only I could get Season 2 of Transformers Animated and Season 3 on ioffer ........yes.....I'm a TF geek...though....I would love to have it....I do have Transformers G1 Matrix Box Set and the single seasons....I'm a proud TF Addict.....

Till all are one

5. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

at the hands of bumblebee no less.

6. soundwaverulls

He did use that element of surprise to shoot him three times. If they took away his shotgun I think he would be quite helpless.

7. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

No offense, but I don't understand why anyone would think after everything Megatron and the Decepticons have done that Megratron would deserve anymore chances. (I'm new here and so I apologize if it seems like I'm trying to argue or put down someone. I'm truly not.)

Anyway, I don't agree with this. When Megatron was coming up behind Sentinal you can here him yelling "This is MY planet". He would have just cooked up more ways to try and take over everything.

And I took it as he didn't want just to lead the Decepticons, All he said was "All I want to be is back in charge". I took that as he wanted to be in charge of everything.

I agree with Optimus's action. Megatron didn't really want a truce, he wanted what he has always wanted. The Autobots have struggled long and hard trying to find a new place to settle down. And every time they have turned around Megatron has had something to do with more death and destruction.

8. soundwaverulls

I may be arguing too much in this thread but here I go again.:rolleyes2 

Megatron had power on Cybertron but in greed, he and the Fallen started a war, in which, he lost everything. His command his loyal followers, even his planet. One can almost feel sorry for him. While I'm not saying they should go "All is forgiven:) " I would expect Optimus to at least try peace.

What want to know is, if they cut out Megatrons survival and him becoming... er, not so bad, why did they keep the truce part? I'll accept Megatron being killed when they handle it well. A clearly evil Megatron who will never try peace and is at the peak of his power and goes down in a huge and epic end battle.

9. SONICDEBEZT

SONICDEBEZT DESTROYER OF WORLDS

News Credits:
    Well thanks to SPOILERS we knew >:O

10. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, OP would never die!

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. Because there is no limit on how many times you can kill Optimus Prime.

12. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

First let me apologize for getting off topic. Did I think Optimus would die? Actually I was scared that they would off him again. I didn't want that because he's my favorite and his dieing has been over used.

I agree with what you are saying for the most part. But at the same time, he wouldn't have lost his planet and everything else if he and the Fallen hadn't started a war in the first place. And I have to agree with you on why did they use the truce thing? Megatron could have went out on a much more epic scale.

I still think asking for a truce was a trick to buy time. I remember in the 1986 movie him asking for mercy, Optimus stops and doesn't finish him off, and then Megatron did his thing.

I would have been rage filled and nutso too like Optimus after all those years of fighting, etc. :crazy:  :tongue: 

13. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Even from the beginning when they were starting to make the movie, anyone can safely assume and be 100% sure that Optimus Prime would not die in DOTM. They can't make him die twice in a trilogy, that would be boring and stupid. And since the good guys always have to win at the end, and by the look of Chicago with all the ships and Decepticons all over the place, and with 2 mayor villains that need to be killed, it is OBVIOUS that the Autobots would need Optimus Prime to win in the movie. So he can't die. I don't think Bay even considered such ridiculous idea.

14. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will never never believe that Optimus Prime will die,he's the MAN

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Well, I had managed to avoid all spoilers going into my first viewing of DotM, so I had no idea how it was going to end. I gotta say though, I was squirming in my seat as Optimus got his arm torn off.

16. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Yeah, or the other way to explore that'd be prequels... Hi Star Wars superfans! lol

17. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

^^This is exactly how I felt !

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Nope.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I still wish he died.

20. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I felt more emotion for Optimus at that end battle than the Forest Fight in ROTF.

The battle against pupil and 'deranged mentor.'

Pretty much from Optimus slamming Sentinel into the side of the LaSalle St bridge, up before Megatron blasted onto the scene, I felt it was getting really emotional.