Who thinks they should do a cartoon using the classic toy line design

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ironhide2005, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I would say that taking the Cybertron Thundercracker mold, painting it Purple and calling him Skywarp is about the closest thing to 'pure profit' that Hasbro can do.
    However, even that has some cost associated with it.

New molds = new production costs that require a certain amount of sales success to counter.

Still, the Classics seem to sell as well as any of the other lines. I would like to see it continue in some form, but I really don't expect it will.

2. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Does eveyrone here get adult swim??? They should make TFs just for adult swim on a maturity level just for us oldschool. Daytime Trans can be sugar coated for the kiddies and at night they turn dark, evil. Megs does not have an orange cap on his bazooka!!!

Someone mentioned "Spongebon generation" as in, nowandays they can't get away with marketing episodes like "The God Gambit" which where the inhabitants believed Astrotrain was a god because he said so, oh, and he fell from the sky too. Transformers used to be about a war, now in days it's about kids helping robots save the universe with the power of love and friendship and...something else or they would have been killed a long time ago.

If they do plan on redoing the G1 with awesome animation, no plotholes, and new stories with our favorite characters and background stories- maybe drag Cullen and Wlker back to do voices- I'd like it to be as close to the orignal as possible, and if they can't add the reality they put into comics then they should endeavor to find a way to make it in the eye of the fan

PS, yeah I keep griping about it, but I miss the G1 characters and a movie is killergood it doesn't fill the empty void in my soul for what I missed as a kid

3. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    If it was a decent, updated version of G1, I'd watch it.
    Have it replace everything that came after the 1986 movie... Season 3B.

4. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I would like to see it if it was like a up to date G1 style show

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, I think that Cartoon Network is too busy vomitting up chunks like Tim and Eric and Saul of the Molemen to focus on a show like you mention.

I have heard the 'Spongebob Generation' reference before, and I just don't get it.
    I think that Spongebob is very much the spiritual successor to the classic Looney Tunes shorts. There is everything there for the kids to see and there is also a layer of entendre and sarcasm for the adults.

Further, Spongebob is from an American studio. The past three (four, actually) Transformers series have been transplants from Japan.

Also, have you seen any recent American animation?
    On The Batman, Dick Grayson's parents unquestionably were murdered. They fell to their deaths right before his eyes. Dead. They even had a funeral for them -in a cartoon. Try doing that in 1983.

On Avatar, the main characters helped a woman deliver her child.

Seen the new Ninja Turtles? Not only do they actually use their weapons, the Turtles have been wounded by their enemies.

I think we are currently in a high point in American cartoons.

Good news then! They do plan on redoing G1 with awesome animation, no plotholes, and new stories with our favorite characters. It comes out on July 4th.

6. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i want to know why the classics line died if thats true. i mean it was sweet having reimagined g1 figs i love all my classics thats probably why i sent most of em to get kitbashed. but no i really do like them havent gotten one i have been upset about buying unlike previous tf lines. but id love to see a show about them late night more mature and all it would finally be a credit to the tf universe

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Classics was a filler line between Cybertron and the movie, nothing more.

8. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a decent written Transformers cartoon would do me, not overally bothered what line it's based on although something close to the G1 IDW inspired comic would be great.

9. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

DR2.0:

Now, here is a conundrum. Does it take more maturity to enjoy a classic good versus evil subtext in the form of a children's show, or to laugh at humor that, though based on irony, really has no dramatic depth?

(I like Robot Chicken, yes I do, but I don't think that indicates any maturity on my part. :)  )

10. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

What! the classics line is done? Could someone send a link with this news please?

11. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, like Hasbro does....LOL

12. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There has never been any official word from Hasbro, just speculation...

13. murphbri

murphbri Well-Known Member

I'm always up for new TF 'toons...as long as I have access to alcohol. If it leads to more Classics, so much the better :wink: 

14. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

I want something new. If I want to watch a show on classics toys I'll break open the rhino G1 boxsets.

15. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    If you discount what they said at last year's botcon, that it was only a filler line between cybertron and the movie.........

16. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

DR:

I don't know. VOTOMS is about a war. The G1 TV show wasn't quite like that. It was very much an '80s plot-o'the-week show, similar in pattern to He-Man, and I like both of those cartoons. One feature they both had, that I am beginning to notice lately in rewatching both, is a certain innocence and transparency in the characters, and I do miss that in a lot of our newer shows. I *do* like the revival of sarcastic humor, after it almost died out in favor of PCness and gritty antiheroism...that was one thing that made old-time WB so enjoyable.

Still, there is room, I think, for that "heroic and villainous innocence" we used to see in TF, and in fact, I really think the Cybertron cartoon used it to very good effect. Col. Franklin seemed devious and perhaps threatening...but deep inside, he was motivated by a childlike curiosity...and who among is isn't, in some way?
    Sure, I have all sorts of grown-up reasons to design forging dies, but I know very well that the real reason I'm here is that I used to look in from the school bus with some fascination at the fiery furnaces and thumping hammers, when we used to clatter over the railroad crossing in the warm late-spring weather.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Hear, hear!

18. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I've always wanted to see a G1 re-make, I'm nolstagic about g1 cartoons (by the way, I just got the G1 episodes, so I'm enjoying as a baby :D  )

I thought that Classics could give us that possibility of not just renewing thr toy designs but also the cartoon. I'm sad about this not being something real, and with the death of the line...my hopes are lost :( 

19. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    The line is on hiatus at best... until they finish choking on all the unsold film toys.

20. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Maybe the line is just in stasis untill the movie has had it's run.