who thinks rpms are a waste of money

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ultrasidescream, Sep 20, 2009.

?

whick are better

1. RPMS

31.6%
  2. Fast action battlers

60.5%
  3. cyber slamers

3.9%
  4. powerbots

3.9%
  1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RPMs are as much of a "money waste" as any other transformers merchandise considering nobody lives of toys except Hasbro in a way,

2. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

I like action figures, not dinky cars.

3. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

When it comes to stuff like this I really try to wait for sales. Already got the Power Bots (well, three of them, screw Power Bot Devy), waiting on the Battle Chargers now. The hot wheels RPM cars, I'm still kind of ambivalent about but maybe when they hit clearance prices.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    To all those wanting G1 RPM's, Hasbro said at either Botcon or SDCC this year (can't remember) that if the movie ones perform well, they'll carry the line into other portions of the franchise.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    That's good news. As long as it's not just the early G1 characters but also ones with interesting and different alt modes like Hotrod, Blurr and Springer.

6. slowso

slowso TF or DIE!

RPM's are a real waste of money...

but i still waste my money hehe in fact already got prime, ratchet, bb and ironhide damn jazz vs brawl 2 pack!

7. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I really only want a couple of the RPM characters (Jolt and Long Haul :D ). Outside of that, I've got very little interest in that line.

8. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    :lolol 

9. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    They're not my cup of tea but the basket full of RPMs at my local Asda emptied out quickly enough to prove there's a market for them.

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I voted FABs. I still prefer my TFs to transform, though I've been increasingly lax with that in the past few years considering I now have several Robot Replicas and almost all the Robot Heroes. The FABs are good for when you want to transform a movie 'former but don't want to have mess with a bunch of fiddly bits. Heck, I think FAB Mudflap is overall better than his mainline version, and FAB Long Haul has a better robot mode.

With RPMs, I initially was like "naw, not gonna pick them up", but after passing them in the toy aisle over and over and over again, I eventually caved. They're cheap, and their vehicle modes are very well-done. I now have all of the ones out except the slight variants, as well as Bonecrusher and the black-and-green Ratchet redeco (Got Megs already and got Prime free @ Botcon, and as much as I love Bonecrusher, I can't justify getting him since only comes in that darned 2-pack. RELEASE BONECRUSHER SOLO!) I think the thing that finally pushed me over the edge about them was that they're all almost a standard size, so on board games like, say, Descent, they could easily be used to create your own enemies/heroes (two spaces in vehicle mode, one space in robot mode, and you don't have to interrupt play to "transform" them).

I'm really curious if the RPM Rollbar is going to get a mainline fig, though.

Oh, and they're called "Battle Chargers" now, not Cyber Slammers, by the by. There are no ROTF Cyber Slammers.

11. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    They should take the money there're spending
    on rpm's and put towards animated.
    Rpm's are shelfwarming as bad as wheelies and chromias

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I think RPMs are a waste of my money, because I have no interest in collecting toy cars. As other people obviously enjoy them, they are equally obviously not a waste of money to everyone. Seemples.

13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I hate RPMs! They ran over my dog!
    Granded he's perfectly fine because they're so small...But it's the principal of the matter.

Yeah, this. ^

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Eh, I really couldn't care less about any of the lines the OP listed. Though I know I'm not the target audience for any of them either. The RPMs would be pretty cool for a toy car collector, I think it was a decent idea for Hasbro to try and branch out into the Hot Wheel's market.