Who thinks Animated is G1 reborn?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Dec 11, 2008.

?

Animated is G1 reborn?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    28.7%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Kind of

48 vote(s)
    32.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snow Cat

Snow Cat Well-Known Member

They're...they're just cartoons...

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

And then you whine about them whining. It's a vicious circle, isn't it?

So then what exactly are you doing here, Mr. Supposed To Be Too Big For Transformers?

3. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

You've never been more right.

You know what, I haven't seen anyone on this topic say, "TFA SHOULD BE FOR ADULTZ NOT KIDZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" You're ranting about nothing!

BTW, TFA and G1 are for kids...are you satisfied now?

4. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I was not trolling. I was stating an opinion that TFA was not G1 reborn until I got jumped on by the TFA powers that be that can bust on G1 all they want but say something about TFA and your like a white person being racist all of the sudden.

It was not tha same thing LOL. I was not putting down TFA I was merely saying it's a kids cartoon and it is what I'd expect from that just as G1 is. Neither is some masterpiece of intelligent writing imo but some seem to think TFA, to each his own I guess.

I was talking about BOTH cartoon being for Kids. The thought process of taking something that is not intended for a certain purpose then bust on it for not being for that purpose is quite silly. FFS I'm down argueing about frickin cartoons lol....and I have work to do now as before I was bored. I'll leave it at that.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest, anything related to Transformers is for kids, except maybe Kiss Players, that's for greasy perverted men.

Which means that if anyone finds a problem with something being aimed at children, they should leave as fast as possible before their manhood is eaten by animals.

6. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

kiss players was actually aimed at kids as well, its only the perverted greasy men that seem to have a problem with it

7. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    OK, I finally understand what you're talking about; your argument is that being a kids' cartoon and being well-written are mutually exclusive, and that it's therefore ridiculous/delusional to claim or expect that good writing exists in anything aimed at kids.

That's blatantly wrong.

Indeed; a nice wholesome kids' toyline sold with "Ages 15 and Up" warnings on them, and with an accompanying manga packed with sex, nudity and violent death intended by the writer to "make people's jaws drop". It's a shame all of us greasy perverts had to go and ruin it, eh?

8. Bottom Out

lol

TFA does need more guns, and bots dying. The humans being squished we could do with out, same for sari geting raped and thier being gay relationships. But more violence would definetly help the series out entertainment wise.

the g1 "homages" dont have to act just like thier g1 counterparts, but the g1 knock offs (ultra magnus and jazz for instance) definetly should. If they are supposed to be from the great war then they should act like they did during g1....

it was horrible when rhinox did it too...that really doesnt help your case..."oh its ok becuase beast wars did it"...beast wars is definetly the best tf cartoon to date, but that doesnt mean it doesnt have a downside..

the plots of bond has changed, the situation and bad guys have changed, the techonology has changed, but the character has not, he is still the same overly confident, cocky, horny, spy/agent that he's always been. He hasnt learned from his mistakes or anything like that...the fact that each new actor is seen as a redo is no different than a cartoon which has its whole story contained into one episode...you can watch any of the bonds in any order and you wont be lost

so? its still G1 characters with g1 personalities, with g1 alt modes....just new stories...

for someone trying to call out this guy for ranting, you really didnt say anything to much yourself

you gotta be careful, if you dont like animated you are automatically labeled a troll on here. They think that because they like animated and get thier feelings hurt when someone talks bad about it that its the same thing as someone intentionally trying to hurt thier feelings. I've labeled a troll on this board i dont know how many times simply becuase I dont share the majority vote

9. Bottom Out

15 is a kid...

sex and nudity? i must have missed that part....anyways for sake of argument, sex and nudity with intentions of making your jaw drop dont equal perverted....as for the violent deaths, thats nothing jaw dropping

10. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    No.

They are two completely different series.

11. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

No, this is not what I said. I'm saying people are applying standards of writing to something written for kids as an adult. Do adult Smurfs fans (if they exist) complain that the storyline isn't very good for them? Well, to a 6 year old that is good!!! Why would they write a story so complex that only adults understand it? That makes no sense when their target audience is children and to sell children toys.

Children want to see big robots fighting. They could give two craps that Shockwave is a frickin double agent. I can guarentee you there weren't 4 kids in an elementary school bathroom the next Monday after that episode standing around saying "Can you believe Longarm was Shockwave!!!! OMG" No, they were saying. "I hope they make a toy of Shockwave, I want him for Christmas".

It is possible to appeal to both audiences sure but as an adult I think you need to have a little kid inside of you to really appreciate most of them. Something more adult then what TFA is would be less interesting for children imo.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't think Animated is G1 reborn. G1 inspired, yes, among other series. (Animated is the first series to give character and design homage to several past lines, which I like)

13. Bottom Out

and this is why they call him obvious prime :) 

14. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Then you quite obviously missed a hell of a lot of parts, didn't you?

(Incredibly NSFW)
    http://www.toyvey.com/kisskiss/images/kp1_08.jpg
    http://www.toyvey.com/kisskiss/images/kp2_01.jpg
    http://www.toyvey.com/kisskiss/images/kp2_02.jpg
    http://www.toyvey.com/kisskiss/images/kp2_03.jpg

Course, if you genuinely aren't shocked to find near-constant underage tentacle rape imagery and bloody dismemberment in your kids' toy franchise, then more power to you. Just don't try and make yourself out to be the spokesperson for the sensible, rational everyman from that standpoint, because I don't think you'll get a lot of support.

OK, I've changed my mind: I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what you are attempting to argue. Apparently we shouldn't criticise the storytelling in G1, because it's aimed at kids, and shouldn't be held up to adult standards, but the G1 storytelling if they did it today is much more mature and less stupid than Animated, which is too kiddy with its stupid fart jokes for seven-year-olds, but that's because it's for kids, and kids don't care about more complex storylines that only adults understand like the double agent plot in Animated (which fans are stupid for praising, because it's simple and kiddy), because all they want to see is robots fighting like in G1, which was better for kids than Animated, which is stupid and just for kids.

If your argument really is what you seemed to summarise it as in your final paragraph - that Transformers shows as a whole are aimed at kids, but have a lot of aspects to them that can appeal to adults who approach them with the right mindset - then hell, I agree with you. I certainly hope that's your point, anyway, because it's one of the only things you've said that I can even understand.

15. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Oh now that's the right word! Completely forgot it! Inspired!

16. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

This is the most funny and ironic post I ever saw. Congratulations! :) 

15 is a teenager. KISS is for adults, plain and simple. And I'm pretty sure 'perverse' and 'sex' are nearly synonymous with one another in Japan. ;) 

17. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I can't make sense of any of it either, which leads me to believe that he/she/it is simply here for the argument.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Nay. Inspired would be Hidden Fortress ---> Star Wars. In TF terms, G1 inspired Beast Wars more than anything. Animated is full blown G1 remake just like the comics and movie.

19. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Hhhhhhhhhhm.

No.

Not a remake.

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It is unless you have some ridiculously narrow definition of what a G1 remake can be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.