Who survived G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Dec 10, 2006.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Are there any G1 bots who never got killed? Or did all the ones who managed to survive the movie got killed off randomly later?

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

What do you mean by G1? Pre movie characters? Because none of the season 3 or 4 guys died. The only ones to die in the movie were the original seekers, Insecticons, Megatron (I guess you could say that), Prime, Brawn, Ironhide, Ratchet, Prowl, Gears, and Huffer was also listed as a casualty in season 3. Megatron wasn't so much "killed" as much as turned into another character- Galvatron. Bumblebee also was "killed" and turned into Goldbug.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Many of the Autobots were't killed but never seen again. Hound, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Hoist, Grapple and others. I believe they decideed not to follow Rodimus directly. They rebuilt Autobot City and most likely the Funeral Ark. Could also be why they weren't there to defend the Ark in the FFOD.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Bumblebee didnt die he got upgraded to Goldbug

5. Cobalt Agent

Yeah. Isn't there a fan concept that the killed minobots were rebuilt into the season 3 ones? Like Gears was turned into Swerve? I guess that'd be stupid since gears got boiled alive...

6. Cobalt Agent

His character did. Megatron didn't die either, he was rebuilt into Galvatron, but Megatron still wasn't *Megatron*. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

7. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I'll assume you mean G1 as in Season 1 & 2, because no Season 3 characters died as of Rebirth

The ones I can think of off the top of my head

1)Jazz
    2)Cliffjumper
    3)The Constructicons (seen in Rebirth)
    4)The Dinobots
    5)Blaster (Disapeared after Return of Optimus Prime pt. 1 w/o explanation)
    6)Protectobots
    7)Warpath
    8)Powerglide
    9)Ravage - If you choose to count Beast Wars

Those are the only ones who come to mind

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it depends wether you mean cartoon or comic, and then there is the issue of wether or not the japanese series count in this.

original characters to survive include

Jazz, sideswipe, sunstreaker, perceptor, skyfire, omega supreme, smokescreen (even though he was supposed to die instead of wheeljack), hound, trailbreaker, bumblebee, cliffjumper, bluestreak, tracks, inferno, grapple, hoist.

it's far more interesting and easier to say who died and see who from the original cast is left (we know that mirage and red alert were supposed to snuff it for instance)

9. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Sorry if somebody else mentioned this, but Sideswipe's body is visible on the floor (upper left corner of missile launcher room) during the Autobot City fight. I don't know if it was an intended death or just one of those random animation "mistakes" in the film.

10. Cobalt Agent

Holy shit! I never noticed that!

11. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Are we also counting Japanese episodes as well? Or what about the Marvel comics? Dreamwave? IDW?

If we're talking about the American cartoon series, there were a whole bunch of Autobots and Decepticons who were supposed to die and were depicted as such in the storyboards but didn't make the final cut such as Trailbreaker, Red Alert, Mirage (supposedly), Smokescreen, Dirge, and such.

Of the original, mainline '84 and '85 Autobots and Decepticons that I know of that did not die off but weren't seen again: Trailbreaker, Hound, Mirage, Gears (?), Reflector, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Sunstreaker, Tracks, Sideswipe, Grapple, Hoist, Buzzsaw, Skids, Inferno, Red Alert, and Shockwave (though it's speculated that he died during the Unicron attack on Cybertron).

Those that appeared again in Season 3 and/or 4 but didn't die -- Bumblebee (he was upgraded but I don't know if one can say that the character died), Warpath, Beachcomber, Powerglide (?) (I thought I saw him blow-up in Dark Awakening), Jetfire (didn't he also get blown up in Dark Awakening?), the cassettes (though Ravage was temporarily depowered by Tornitron), the Dinobots (again Tornitron except for Grimmy), Cosmos (?) (I wanna say Dark Awakening as well but I'm not sure), Soundwave, Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Defensor, Superion (?) (Didn't the Aerialbots die in Rebirth from Sixshot?), Devastator, Menasor, Bruticus, Omega Supreme, Blaster, Jazz, Cliffjumper, the Insecticons (I guess clones died in the movie), Dirge, Thrust, Ramjet, Perceptor, and probably a few others that aren't coming to me.

EDIT: Just saw LemonPrime's post and now, I've got to check this out.

EDIT 2: There is a red and black/bluish character that appears there that sorta looks like Sideswipe, but the headshape doesn't look quite right. I'd say it's a miscolored Wheeljack since it's in the same vicinity where Arcee starts dragging Windcharger's corpse and when we get the Windcharger/Wheeljack death scene.

12. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I know G1 well up until the movie, then the movie gets a little fuzzy, and then everything after that until I guess Beast Wars is a blur for me. I know about the toys, but I don't know much about the continuity of the universe during that time frame. I read different things here and there on this board about the death of different characters, such as someone's recent post about Soundwave and Blaster killing eachother, I wasnt aware this even happened, that's kinda what prompted this thread. I wasnt sure if any of the other characters who survived the movie got blasted to bits after that. I have Season 3 Part 1 and Season 3 Part 2 and Season 4 which I believe is just the Rebirth stuff, but I've never watched the whole thing, just skipped around through a few episodes, like Starscream's ghost and a few others. I guess I should sit down and watch them all one day, but they don't do it for me like Season 1 and 2 and the later stuff like Beast Wars and even Armada. I guess the post movie G1 stuff still makes me sad, but I'm trying. I also have most of the Trade Paperbacks for the comics, been reading those too, but I realize those stories are different as well.

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Look close, miscolored Wheeljack. ;) 

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Actually, in FFOD, Dirge and Ramjet are blow to bits after taking punches from Ultra Magnus.

15. Cobalt Agent

That's happened to them several times.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Ah.

17. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I believe Shockwave was near Galvatron in the stadium scene where Ratbat reports about Prime's body in "Return of Optimus Prime Part 1".

One of them was later seen in the episode "Ghost in the Machine" next to Thrust if I remember correctly.

The thing is because of the nature of the movie and seasons 3 and 4 with all of the mistakes that it is hard to say who died and who didn't. There are those we say who clearly died and those that appeared to die only to return later in season 3. The rebuilt Decepticons are also debatable since some believe they die and rebuilt as new cons where as some believe they were only reformatted. I really wish the writers had made it more clear. Maybe one day, maybe Botcon, they could answer this question. Only then will I be satisfied. I would also like to learn if Starscream got a new body for his coronation given his size to Astrotrain and the new proportions of his body compared to his head.

18. Cobalt Agent

No, it's Galvatron, Soundwave, Cyclonus, and Scourge.

19. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I just checked and I didn't see Shockwave. I saw Soundwave, Galvatron, Scourge, and Cyclonus (and Ratbat of course) but no Shockers.

EDIT: D'oh! Dang you, Cobalt Agent! :p 

20. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

wheeljack actually DID survive. he's seen in Victory, with perceptor and minerva, and re-builds Ginrai into Victory Leo.