who suffers the worst translation from TFprime(FE) to TFprime(RID)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transfan681, Apr 17, 2012.

1. transfan681

transfan681 Retired TF Collector

News Credits:
    hears my list

1.bulkhead(look really bad)
    2.bumblebee(look really bad)
    when it comes to PRID optimus,arcee,cliffjumper
    ,and the outhers they look good and some are more better the the FE versons
    PRID optimus is 2nd best optimus from TF prime
    PRID arcee is a good toy and the best for display
    PRID cliffjumper does it amost right mines the lack of his cannons and is short size
    PRID megatron does size better then FE.but his cannon and paint lack next to FE megs.
    PRID vehitcon does better then FE in most ways
    PRID starcream hard to say which one looks better

2. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is going to boil down to Cliff vs. Bulk IMO.

Bee might be in the running other than not a lot of people actually loved the FE mold.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, other than FE Bumblebee looking a lot more like the animation model, he wasn't a super-loved toy before PRiD came along. Of course, part of that is people's general aversion to Bumblebee in general.

Bulkhead, I can't judge until I see the PRiD in person. But in pictures, PRiD looks like an enormous step down.

PRiD Optimus is waaaaaaay less screen accurate than FE, but its defenders are right: It's still a fun toy. And it pegs together in vehicle mode better than the FE, imo.

I almost want to say the toy that suffers the worst so far (other than Bulkhead, about which, as I said, I can't comment on yet) is Megatron. The Cyberverse Megatron is excellent, the FE Deluxe is great, and the PRiD Voyager is absolute ass, imo. Other than standing on display with his arms at his sides next to my Voyager Optimus, this figure serves absolutely no purpose. Ugly, awkward, kibble-y, and just all-around disappointing. This figure epitomizes "Why the fuck did I buy this?" more than just about any other TF purchase I've made in years.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay I gave this some thought.

My top slot goes to Bee. That PRID version just looks really bad to me.
    Putting up a strong fight for the top slot but ending in 2 is Bulkhead. His PRID looks very bad too but still manages to look enough like Bulk that Bee takes it.
    Number 3 is Knockout. Yes, I know he never got a FE but based on his PRID self, he needed one.
    Number 4 is Cliffjumper and only as a dishonorable mention. His PRID isn't awful but isn't as bad as others, nor as good as FE.

Everything else ranges from "meh, okay " (Optimus for example) to "PRID is better." (Arcee for example)

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    In my honest opinion, the only Prime figure that is worse than it's First Edition counterpart, is Bumblebee. All the others are either on-par or better.

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Bumblebee for sure is the worst FE to TFP figure.

7. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PRIDE: Bumblebee is one of the few figures I'm really angry about buying. So he automatically gets a nod because I can not believe that FE is worse.

Most of the other PRIDE figures we've gotten so far are really good. PRIDE Optimus's biggest problem is that he needs a weapons kit. The fact we can pre-order arms microns will fix that right up. Voyager Megatron's problem is paint apps, or the lack of them, but he's not at all bad. PRIDE Arcee and Cliff are really good.

8. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

At number one so far is Bulkhead. Just too much junk in the rear for my liking, and generally looks terrible even before taking a look at the First Edition Bulkhead. When your cheaper Cyberverse Commander figure manages to outdo you, you've got problems...

Number two for me is Optimus. Fun toy? Probably, but he looks too dull right out of the box for me to bother. And the thin translucent blue elbows honestly scare the crap outta me, as that toy may one day end in tragedy. I'd rather pay more once for a figure I don't have to worry is going to have its forearms snap off eventually, and is better looking in general.

Number three...is Megatron. Not much all that different from the First Edition Deluxe, apparently, but stumbles worse in the areas the Deluxe stumbled in as well. But still not a bad toy, even though he would have looked better in the grey/silver plastic fans usually complain about being unpainted. At least then it would be about the right color. Oh well.

Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Arcee, Starscream, and Vehicon seem to do about as well as their First Edition counterparts...Although Prime Vehicon doesn't have a car pack on his back, which is a plus.

9. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Definitely Bulkhead. He's not horrible, but he's definitely the biggest step backwards IMO.

As far as Bumblebee goes - now that I've actually had a chance to handle the RID version and compare it to the FE, I've come to the conclusion that it's a tie in regards to which is better. They're both inaccurate to a degree and they both have their shortcomings.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Bulkhead without question.

Other then that none I can think of

11. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    1. Cliffjumper
    2. Bulkhead
    3. Optimus
    4. Bumblebee

Arcee and Vehicon arguably improved.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Just Bumblebee and Bulkhead.

13. kiko315

kiko315 Well-Known Member

Bulkhead first, Bumblebee second.

There's a reason why I hunted for FE Bulkhead so hard... it's RiD Bulkhead.

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bulkhead, then Starscream, then Cliffjumper, then Optimus, and finally, Bumblebee.

The rest, meh.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

The worst offender is Bumblebee, no question. Even though I don't plan on picking him up anytime soon (sick to death of anything resembling movie BB in terms of new toys), it's a shocking downgrade to essentially the child of Hasbro's big money maker from the movies.

Bulkehad is next. He's not bad, just...the RiD voyager really could have been more accurate. Heck, I'm amazed they managed to screw up the weapon when the FE only needed to make a removeable giant ball to nail BOTH the melee and the blaster weeapons, but no, the RiD had to have some ungodly sized...thing for the gimmick. As it is I personally think he's alright, but FE is the golden standard and I will replace my Bulkhead given the chance.

CJ is third. Of all the PRID figures that have FE coutnerparts, the mass release CJ is easily the least accurate to the show model in both robot design and kibble placement. The fact he has some random hammer gun thing for a weapon instead of the FE's simple blasters also rubs me the wrong way. However, looking at it from a play value perspective, mass release CJ isn't so bad simply because it's easier to transform than FE CJ, especially in the ever-annoying chest area, and for a bit character who pretty much got shafted after being promoted so hard, getting two deluxes that aren't Bumblebee repaints is the best CJ has gotten in years.

Arcee and the vehicon? Outside of Arcee's blade weapons, both mass releases are clearly superior.

16. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Worst crossover= Bulkhead. Although I have yet to own the RID version I can already tell even based on pictures that the FE version is superior.

QFT

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bulkhead, no contest.

RiD Bumblebee actually isn't that bad. The neck issue is pretty much non-existant if you handle the parts right and he's a lot less floppy than First Edition Bumblebee. His transformation is also simpler/more fun and he actually comes with two blasters.

Overall I'd say Bulkhead>Optimus prime>Bumblebee=Cliffjumper>Starscream>Arcee>Vehicon from most neutered to least (hell, I think the last two are better than their first editions)

18. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Bulkhead. But that's mainly because of DAT FE.

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Hmmmm...

I would have to say Bumblebee or Optimus. I like the new Bulkhead and Cliff. Bumblebee just looks like a little yellow stub of robot parts.
    Optimus... just the backpack too big, STUPID arms, and lack of paint.

20. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Bulkhead because he is now and forever more Beanhead (look at his "new" head), Optimus-clearly the FE is better unless RID was your only option and you "settled", and Bumblebee is just off to me everywhere in his RID form. The rest are fine and Arcee and Vehicon improved greatly.