Who still has their Masterpiece MP1, 2, 4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by minstral, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    I bought MP-04 at New York comicon many years ago. First thing too so I had to lug that huge box around with me all day :) 
    Heard about the masterpiece line and knew I needed to get Optimus and his trailer together. Very pricey though. Think I paid close to two hundred... they had MP-02&03 as well for half the price. I was tempted by that starscream but the color was off.
    I don't think I'll ever sell my copy though. It has sentimental value to me as it's what got me back into collecting TFs again after a long hiatus. It's an incredible beefy version of Optimus that works great as a stand alone display piece.

One question though. What's this talk of a grey gun version? Mine has a grey gun. Is this normal?

2. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

Until another iteration is released (ie never) MP03C stays on his stand on the shelf. Admittedly a bit of a cack headsculpt but hey

3. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I still have my MP-1 I still like him

4. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

I still have my MP-01 (well, it's the Hasbro 20th Anniversary release). It has been bettered by MP-10, but it's still a classic figure. Just like the original G1 Prime, it never goes out of style. A real piece of TF history.

I don't have much to add to this, but I had to quote this as it describes my feeling about the changing toy hobby to a tee. Sometimes I feel like a weirdo because I like toys to actually be, you know, toys. But I'm not embarrassed that I'm a grown-ass man who loves TFs and action figures.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Goodness I so wish I still had my MP-1. I sadly sold it at a time when interest in pre-MP-10 Masterpieces were at what must have been an all time low. Now I look back and think what a slice of history I let go.

I actually remember on release, MP-4 being a massive shelf warmer on dealer tables at UK shows. Where I was helping out, the sellers had to just take them all home as nobody seemed to want MP-4 at all. Times change.

All the best
    Maz

6. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

I have MP01 and MP10. I even have the voyager KO of MP10. I love them all. I could never part with MP01 because he got me back into this hobby when he was released after 15 years away. Also, I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think he's the superior toy. MP10 has better poseability and more "heroic" proportions but 01 just has all the bells and whistles and that it factor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I still have my 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime, plus an unopened spare. I've kept them because I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

I still have Hasbro 20th, DVD, MP-1B, and MP-2. I also have the blasters from theTakara releases and the smokestack upgrades for the Hasbro versions. I like to display DVD, MP1B, and MP-2 together but haven't had room since combiner wars.

9. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still hope in a few years MP-10 will require similar questioning. I REALLY hope we get a new more accurate masterpiece prime.

Megatron is just so beautiful he needs a more accurate Prime to oppose him.

• Like Like x 2
  10. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has MP-01 with no plans to get anything else. At the time, I didn't care to collect TF toys (since the 80s). So, I haven't bought any, until last year when I got a KO MP Bumblebee.

BB is still all I have so far. Every time I see that a newer version of something came out, I'm glad I never got the old/ 3P one. Like with Megatron and Sunstreaker. So, yeah, I think I would have sold anything pre MP-10 if I had ever owned any. Same with older versions that have a newer/better more cartoon accurate version later. If it wasn't a big difference, I'd probably just keep the old one and customize it.

Sunstreaker and MP-12+ will probably be my 2nd and 3rd MPs. Then MP-14 (probably KO. Iike the + version, but it's too expensive now, especially since I'm doing the Optimus TimeLord door etc mod to it) to complete the lambos. I'm only interested in toys that scale with MP and look as close to the American G1 cartoon as possible. So no Star Saber or any non US toon character for me. Maybe Fort Max if I can make him look like a Masterpiece.

11. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^Bingo!

I still have both MP1 and MP2....and even the 3P Igear Ultra Leader (broke on me during the 1st transformation, Igear cheapy plastic, no wonder I don't buy from those guys after that). In 2004, when MP1 was 1st introduce in that white prototype form, that was a jaw drop and full of emotion. It was like your favorite team just won a World Series/ Superbowl/ World Cup! I would never let those guys go away.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  12. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

Still have mp1, mp 5, mp8 and whichever the original starscream was. 1, 5 and starscream are in the attic. 8 works fine in my chug collection.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Even though I sold it to fund some other purchases a few years ago, Takara MP-04 is still one of the greatest figures ever created.

14. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    I have, I think DVD prime. He's ok for the $30 I gave for him on clearance and he sits at the top of my display cases with other random tfs I seen nifty but don't fit really elsewhere .....yet. I also have Wal-Mart starscream because why not? Money wise he was a good deal for me so i see no need to replace him. Then there's rodimus prime, he's just kind of there. Mp grimlock I think I merged into a chug like shelf with some 3p dinobots.

15. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Still got an MP-01. He's in storage because of how top-heavy he is, not to mention there not being enough display space for him.

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Though not on display (could be said about a lot of my figures), I still have both Hasbro versions, MP-02 Magnus, MP-01B (which has amazing paint), and MP-04. I'd love to add MP-04s if it was a little more of a priority and I could get it at a reasonable price, but then I would have to add MP-05s as garnish for it. I always thought the truck was a little clunky (especially with the paint scheme on the DVD version), but it is still an impressive bot.

17. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I still have MP-1, even after I got MP-10, I still kept the original. MP-1 has so much historical significance and is not a bad figure even though better versions have been made. It's a monster, it's a classic-- MP-1 will never lose its place in my collection. He fits perfectly alongside BTs and Alts too.

18. KayODave

KayODave Still a grey prototype

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Of course I still have him. He's a piece of Transformers history. Plus, not only was he my first Masterpiece TF, but also my first G1 OP. MP10 is great in many ways, but MP01 has an uncontested shelf presence. I just wish I had the trailer for him, then I could display him, MP10 and my encore G1 Prime in truck mode together.
    MP1.JPG

19. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    to be honest i love the older mps there is something about them that makes them special, the mp line feels more like classics 2.0 then the contenuation of the mp line, mp01 feels like its something special, mp05 does as well, the last mp that had me go wow was ultramagnus

20. gnodprime1

gnodprime1 Made of sterner stuff

Ebay:
    I still have my 20th Hasbro version. I upgraded it with full length chrome smoke stacks, sounds minor but makes a huge difference. MP-10 is currently using MP01's blaster instead of the puny fold up one. MP01 has such a strong presence on the shelf, nothing can match it. It's been proudly displayed since the day I bought it.

Mp-10 is great for group shots with the current scale, but it just isn't as impressive by itself as MP01.

• Like Like x 1