Who still believes the rumor of a DOTM Leader Megatron or Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    How many of you still believe the rumor that there is going to be a DOTM Leader Class Megatron or Shockwave?

I don't think so.

In fact, I believe it like I think there is still hope for a Leader Class Blackout.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, let's assume that Hasbro hasn't sworn off making Leaders.

Everyone follow that? Yes? Good.

Where are the Leaders for 2012 going to wind up?

Generations? :lol  No.

Prime? Maybe Maybe. In this case, it's Megatron and Optimus for sure. I'm down with that.

DotM/its continuation? Quite possibly considering that nearly every Leader since A/E/C has been in this line, and they pull double duty with Takara as Movie Masterpieces. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the remold of Leader Prime sharing shelves with a Leader Truckatron next year, complete with a new story about their "final battle" or Megatron's "resurrection by the Allspark."

Shockwave seems more of a stretch, but not impossible. For all the bitching that Evil Spock turned out to be SP instead of Shocky, Shocky had *serious* screen presence and dealt the good guys more setbacks than anyone else. Megatron and SP were having a bitch-slap fight on a high rise while Shockwave was holding off every good guy on the planet. Now Shockwave's Voyager is freaking phenomenal, but I'm sure lots of fans would sweat something a little bigger.

So I'm Waiting and Seeing. Hasbro's (mis)handling of DotM has not failed to keep me guessing, so nothing I say is better than speculation. However, about the only thing that would surprise me for 2012 is NO Leaders, considering that in 2010 we got a remolded Optimus and a brand new Starscream. (That took forever for us to find out about, and another forever to actually get. Didn't he leak on a DVD special feature and then not come out for an entire year after?)

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't fully believe it, yet, but I'm not going to dismiss it like I did the rumor of Leader Starscream (who was rumored around this same time of the year back in '09). I'm going to sit back, wait, and see. Though I do hope that at least Megatron turns out to be true, as I would definitely get him. Shockwave I don't really care about either way, tbh.

4. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  5. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    Its FALSE for sure!! Hasbro has 0 intention of releaing Leaders from the movie line. Its over and done with. Maybe a Leader Prime and a Leader BB repaint, Repaint LC Sentinel, and RED LC Ironhide. End of story.

Hasbro has CLEARLY expressed, that they hate the fans who make them rich, unless they are mindless children. So no Leaders at all. Hasbro has expressed MANY times h ow much they dont sell decepticon Leaders. And you know who buys them? WE DO!!!

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I refuse to believe the Shockwave one. And I'm still not adequately convinced on Megatron.

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    As of right now, my Kre-o Megatron is the closest I can get to a leader class. If I could just replace the head.

8. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Yes, all three, maybe four thousand of us, compared to hundreds of millions of children. Yes, we are so much more important to gamble such expensive figures on.

But anyways, yes. I do. They didn't say anything about Mirage either, so I don't think it's out of the question.

9. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say anything is off the table. I think it was Bighanks's source that said Megatron is def in the works, and with no other lines getting leaders and Hasbro's profits, this quarter going way up, I'd say done deal, for Megs at least. I'm not pessimistic about Shockwave becoming a reality but I'll still be surprised when it happens, for good reasons. Shockwave and Megatron have awesome designs, it'd be a waste not to use them.

10. sh002

sh002 Banned

if they make a leader shockwave maybe it will have a electronic talking feature so i'll know what the hell he was saying in the movie.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Still believe Megatron is a maybe. Was never convinced about Shockwave in the first place.

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Go play outside. You've clearly got some energy to burn off.

13. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other than Cybertronian, I think all he said during the movie was , "Optimus" when they were at Chernobyl.

I would love to have a Leader Megs and Shockwave. I have high hopes for the Megs and think it is probably going to happen. The Shockwave I don't know if it'll happen, but I'll be happy as hell if it does.

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Unless he was being sarcastic?... I hope?

15. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    He said, "Optimus" at one point, and everything else was Cybertronian.

So everything he said was Cybertronian. :tongue: 

16. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    And im guessing "children" have JOBS, and get PAID the $$$, and DRIVE their CARS to the stores, to purchase these toys with THEIR $$$. Yeah....yeah and MILLIONS of ADULT fans have very little do do with it.

Yeah ok Hasbro:drunk 

Sarcasm can be so much fun on here!! Better than outside!! lol Gilamesh, you know me too well!!

In all seriousness, Yes I believe a Leader Megatron, not a Leader Shockwave...

Leader Shockwave is the new Leader Blackout...<oh and that last part wasn't sarcasm;) 

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

At least Shockwave got one of the best Voyagers in the movie line thus far...

18. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    I think a Leader Jolt is more likely.

19. bluesparrow

bluesparrow Puppet Prime Says Die

If they can do a Leader Megatron that's as nice in robot mode as the Voyager, I'm definitely in.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leader Megatron seems the most likely. Blackout wasn't in the movie; if they didn't do one for the first and second movie where he or a clone actually appeared I doubt they'll do one for this.

I wouldn't care for a Shockwave though. Movie cybertronian alt modes look crappy. I also think the Voyager is overrated as hell.