Who Should Make Defensor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dwong1207, Sep 26, 2012.

?

Who should create Defensor

1. I'm happy with the TFC Starcat redeco version

9 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. iGear

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Fansproject

70 vote(s)
    76.1%
  4. MMC

9 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. Other - Specify

16 vote(s)
    17.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued by TFCs Starcat Defensor. I'm interested, but I'm not interested at the same time. Which 3p should make it?

iGear - Pricing would probably be $50-70 for deluxe to voyager, but it would take a couple of years from their originally announced release date

FP - Pricing and scale would probably be same as Menasor. Design would be awesome

MMC - I'm excited about their Ferocious project. If they added Defensor to their plate it would probably be by 2014.

2. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

I love what TFC has done with Hercules and Superion so far.

I want TFC to do Defensor more than the smaller and in-our-own-style(which is not classics) attitude of FansProject. However the starcats version is not classics Defensor. It looks like a playschool version of Defensor.... most g1ers grew up and want something a little more mature than G1 for the classic stand in. This feels more kiddie-ized. Like the targeted age group got younger than G1.

MakeToys would be a yes.

MMC is a wait and see thing. They are an unknown quantity and we'll see how Predaking turns out first.

Igear? I have no doubt that they could do it in the right style. But could they really do it? That I kinda lol at. The larger the project it is, the longer it takes them.... and the more original a project it is the less likely they are to do it. I think they're a lot more happy/comfortable modifying stuff than making it from scratch. Most of their original projects usually end up getting cancelled if they aren't small.
    So, an extremely large project that is original? Yeah it would just would take 10 years for it to fully get to market.

3. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MakeToys

Thanks to their Giant being so close to perfection IMO.

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Have we heard any news lately about TFC's Defensor? I was interested in it at first, but I'm slowly getting put off by its appearance, I'll have to admit.

I'll hold out on my opinion until the final product is released by TFC, they may even have heard people's disappointment and revised their design plans.

5. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

Maketoys/Fp. I have no doubt someone will produce him.

6. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

MakeToys or FansProject.

That is all.

:thumb 

7. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

I just hope there is a updated alt-mode for Groove that isn't a over-sized motorcycle that fits in scale with the rest of the group. That always looked weird to me.

8. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

I personally would like a FOC ver.

9. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    make toys

10. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

MakeToys I didn't think of them for an update initially when I poll voted. They're such a obvious choice for Defensor. Can I change my vote please?

A better Question might be what do you want Groove to be as a modern classics update?

I like the Alt Bike Mode but if it has to be dropped for the combined mode so Be it.... Just not sure what i would want for a replacement. SWAT vehicle? naw too big for Groove.... Groooooove.... get your dance on.... tis a hard one. Maybe they should just flip the bike and heli limbs instead or Make Groove a small attachment to the torso and add on a sixth member like TFC seems to wanna do with all combiners. That probably won't go over with the overly G1 only and no 6th bot crowd... ala Superion.

I simply dunno!

11. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

TFC Defensor looks cheaper than other TFC combiners or the Maketoys and FP ones, so if it turns out to be ACTUALLY cheaper, I might bite.
    If not, I'll wait for a Fansproject or Maketoys release.

12. Super Lazuli

Super Lazuli Active Member

The Protectobots

what?

13. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    If Maketoys did Defensor I think I'd buy it. And Groove should remain a Motorcycle.

14. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    With my recent qc problem with tfc I will vote for FP or MT. Igear have never done a combiner yet. Mmc still yet to see the product.

15. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I'm going to buck the trend here and say... Hasbro. Hasbro SHOULD make Defensor. I know that this would be weird, but I think it might be the right time.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I voted other. For me, either Maketoys or FP can take on this project because the look and scale these companies produce are similar to one another.

I have Bruticus and Devastator from these guys. I will be getting Menasor and rumour states that MT is putting out Computron. Going 4 in why not give em the rest.

TFC makes a good combiner and I do love my Hercules (giant price tag and all) and Uranos looks promising. But they are expensive too collect, very big (not a problem but it is when you want a scale to your collection) and they are only two in.

Final thought. Give Defensor to Maketoys and get FP to make Abominus. I want to see the Terrorcon alt modes with the FP Manga flair. I will buy at least two sets of the Terrorcons is FP makes them. The TFC teaser really did nothing for me.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Thread win. Thanx for the laugh.

18. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

I think between the TFC version of defensor and possibly another 3rd party company to fill the gaps we can all have the definitive defensor that we all want. I think most of the work is already done, head replacements, g1 colors and added accessories to make it look like defensor is big step towards that goal.

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

FansProject.

20. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    TFC....

But NOT the StarCats thing - tweek that to make it more G1ish, and I'm on board. :)